Some Dashboard Displays not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Dashboard Displays not working

A few months ago, I noticed that the LED section of the dash where the mileage is would just black out. It was fairly intermittent. As I feared, the problem has been progressing ... last night I realized that when this happens the red LED which shows which gear you're in when shifting manually doesn't work also.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm just wondering what to expect when I bring it to the dealer.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Racer

I dont understand it wont just come back on or does it flicker on and off well my gauge is all messed up my gauge where it shows the car and if the door is open is dark like the bulb is not on??? What would the size of that be?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by VinceBlkCLS
I dont understand it wont just come back on or does it flicker on and off well my gauge is all messed up my gauge where it shows the car and if the door is open is dark like the bulb is not on??? What would the size of that be?
It goes off for a while, may or may not come back.

Its the entire LCD display where the little car is (car door indicators, mileages, outside temp, etc). Also the red lcd for the gear you're in when shifting manually.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:02 PM
SOLD: 03 SSM CLS Auto

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you might have a loose bulb in there. I'm sure the dealer will charge you an arm & a leg to check that out and replace the bulbs if that's the case. Another idea might be a loose connection to the gauge cluster itself, though I'm not sure how that could happen honestly, since they should be in there pretty tight.

There's three #74 bulbs behind the odometer. Sounds like one of them just burnt out.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:03 PM

There's three #74 bulbs behind the odometer. Sounds like one of them just burnt out.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:38 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by gaping46and2
Sounds like you might have a loose bulb in there. I'm sure the dealer will charge you an arm & a leg to check that out and replace the bulbs if that's the case. Another idea might be a loose connection to the gauge cluster itself, though I'm not sure how that could happen honestly, since they should be in there pretty tight.

It's not a bulb issue .... the RED LCD for the Gear doesn't have a bulb. Two different type of lighting that aren't functioning simultaneously. I can see they are getting some power but are barely illuminating.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:01 PM

Could just be a loose connection? It's pretty hard to know what's wrong w/o being able to see anything. If you're not confortable taking your dash apart, I'd suggest taking it into the dealer to have it checked out.