Replacing front turn signals and drying out headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing front turn signals and drying out headlight?

Hey guys.

I'm new to any sort of car repair type thing, so I'm not sure how to replace the turn signals on my '01 CL. I have to go get a brake and lamp inspection, but the signals I have right now are blue (orange when you turn them on), but the mechanic said it's an automatic fail since they aren't an amber color.

Also, while replacing these, is there anyway I can get the moisture out of my headlight? I recently replaced both headlights, and there is moisture in the driver's side one. This is also an automatic fail for the inspection. I figured I would have to replace the rubber seals on the headlights because it's letting moisture in, but I'm not sure what they are called so I don't know what to purchase. If it's not the seal, the moisture might have entered during the replacement process, but I'm not too sure. I just need to get the moisture out ASAP.

Please help!

Last edited by koreo; 02-02-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
To replace the bulb, you'll need to turn the wheel to one side (left to replace the right side) and then undo the clips securing the wheel well plastic. Reach in towards the headlight and you'll feel the socket for the bulb.

When my headlight gets moisture, I take the high beam bulb out of the light thats foggy and let it air out for a few days.