Power seat control issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:07 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power seat control issue

I'm a newbie to the board. just purchased an '01 CL-S.

It's not a perfect example but seems to have been taken care of and has had many of the necessary expensive fixes done, ie timing belt, HID box, trans recall (once, fingers crossed).

I'm looking for some advice regarding the seat control. The drivers side has the forward/rear function but will not tilt up or down or control the seat back. The switch initiates a faint clunk in the rear lower part of the seat but that's all.

My assumptions are as follows. Switches are working since they seem to transfer power. Two motors are unlikely to go at the same time.

So , I'm thinking that there must be some sort of relay/ controller that is at fault.

Anyone know what's really in there !?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
Old 08-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Intermediate

i have an 01 cl-p and my seat back will not tilt up or down. I can hear the motor itself starting to go then a clunk and nothing. I actually called a reputable dealer in the area and they said a lot of times there is some kinda plastic peace that breaks in the seat itself. i inspected my seat as best i could but could not see any cracks or breaks in the plastic. One thing i did notice is that my seat feels a little loose now. I can feel it shift backwards just a little bit when I accelerate or forwars when i brake. Does yours do the same?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 AM
2nd Gear

My seat back does not seem loose. I will probably take the back of the seat off when i have the time though on most power seats I've worked on in the past the wiring and motors are more readily accessible from the bottom so if I have to I'll remove the seat.
Good luck getting yours fixed, sounds like a different situation.

Kevin
Old 11-05-2008, 11:34 AM
GroundeDCustoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whats up fellas..new to the site,just picked up a 03 white on black type s.6 speed. yo my drivers side seat does the same thing,it shifts like,and the tilt up and down wont work,it gives offa fanit click,put doesnt move.. the arch is annoying my back.. what happend with your problem,any solutions..
Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GroundedCustom
whats up fellas..new to the site,just picked up a 03 white on black type s.6 speed. yo my drivers side seat does the same thing,it shifts like,and the tilt up and down wont work,it gives offa fanit click,put doesnt move.. the arch is annoying my back.. what happend with your problem,any solutions..
You mean the lumbar support? The lumbar support is manual. There is a lever on the side of the seat. The up down only raises the front of the bottom of the seat up/down.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:46 PM
GroundeDCustoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea that lever,,but nah its the control switch. on the switch it moves the seat back and forth,and the front of th eswitch moves the seat up and down,and the back of the switch moves it up and down also,the back of the switch is the part that doesnt work.the swithc has 3 different operations,back forth,front updown,back up down.. also the seat itself seems loose like. ill sit in the seat and ush on the steering wheel to make th eseat shift.i pulled the seat,nothing to my knowledge seemd loose or anyhting... shits annoying,could be motor,the gears or someting shot..
Old 11-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GroundedCustom
yea that lever,,but nah its the control switch. on the switch it moves the seat back and forth,and the front of th eswitch moves the seat up and down,and the back of the switch moves it up and down also,the back of the switch is the part that doesnt work.the swithc has 3 different operations,back forth,front updown,back up down.. also the seat itself seems loose like. ill sit in the seat and ush on the steering wheel to make th eseat shift.i pulled the seat,nothing to my knowledge seemd loose or anyhting... shits annoying,could be motor,the gears or someting shot..
Ah ok ...man that would get annoying. Luckily mine work fine but i am only at 50k