No Dash lights/Factory Alarm/Power Door locks after Radio Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009 | 02:20 PM
2nd Gear

No Dash lights/Factory Alarm/Power Door locks after Radio Install

Hello everyone. I am looking for some insight on what may have possibly have gone wrong with my recent car stereo install. The car is a 03 Acura CL Type-S and I swapped out the factory Bose 6-Disc (non-navi) with a new DD Alpine. I did make one big mistake when wiring the harness in and that was connect (loopback) the orange-white illumination wire back into the factory red/black wire (wasn't thinking at the time, only following online directions).

The problem I'm having is that everything works for the most part including the new radio install. However my dash lights/ac lights won't light up, my clock is out (checked the fuse on the pass. side and its popped, dur) and my factory alarm won't work. What's weird is that I also don't seem to have any "memory" in the climate controls and I can't turn my lights on without the car on acc or on AND I can't use the power door locks unless the car has power. I remember all of these being able to work without ignition power or am I going crazy? My A/C works fine except when I turn the car off and let it sit for a few seconds, after I turn it back on I have to turn the A/C back on manually.

Here comes the part I dread..

I do have a CEL code - P0560 = System Voltage Malfunction

This seems to be such a generic code so I'm trying to troubleshoot before I have to hand it over to the dealership. Because everything else works (power seats/sunroof/radio/seat heaters, door locks, windows, etc) I'm trying to narrow my problem down to maybe my dimmer switch (for the dash/ac lights) or is there some other type of fuse that I could check that retains power/memory that may have blown when I loopbacked that dimmer wire. I would have to put my money that something else blew (hopefully didn't fry the wire) but I'm not sure what else to check. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-18-2009 | 04:44 PM
Suzuka Master

check all your fuses and then check your battery. half the problems i had when my battery died.
Old 05-18-2009 | 11:20 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by aznboi2424
check all your fuses and then check your battery. half the problems i had when my battery died.
Haha, well because I spent hours browsing all things Google.com for answers and found nothing I went back to the basics. Shortly after I posted I went back to troubleshooting my issue. I still had to run speaker wire from the pass. door to the rear for my new JL C5's and being a complete newb to my car's electrical system, I saw a fuse panel on the pass. side. After pulling it and seeing many a fuse, I saw a fuse labeled for my dash clock (the one above the a/c control). Low and behold, it was blown (from stereo install, I'm assuming). After pulling a spare from the engine bay and swapping it out, that was my problem the ENTIRE time. This little 15a fuse was causing me all this stress and grief. I had called Acura before hand and they told me it would be $100 p/hr x 3+ to troubleshoot. So I'm posting this in hopes that is this happens to someone else, they will have a good head start
Old 05-19-2009 | 02:29 AM
Suzuka Master

glad you fixed it.