I知 Back!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:51 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I知 Back!!

Hey fellas, hope everyone is well, last time I was on my 03 CL type S 6 speed, was showing CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR codes so I replaced sensor a than replaced sensor b. Now after sensor b was replaced I was able to drive car passed 2000 rpms again like normal, well that was 4 months ago and it痴 happened again... The car won稚 go higher that 2000 rpms and the codes were the same so I changed both sensors again, this time every other code that was popping up had totally disappeared and the car sounded stronger and the miss fire I once had was also gone. But there was a new code it was P0335.. Which said now that there problem with CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR A circuit... I致e checked continuity between SENSOR and computer and all is well... I need help, could the ECM be bad?
Old 11-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,472 Posts
Originally Posted by Demmo681402
Hey fellas, hope everyone is well, last time I was on my 03 CL type S 6 speed, was showing CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR codes so I replaced sensor a than replaced sensor b. Now after sensor b was replaced I was able to drive car passed 2000 rpms again like normal, well that was 4 months ago and it痴 happened again... The car won稚 go higher that 2000 rpms and the codes were the same so I changed both sensors again, this time every other code that was popping up had totally disappeared and the car sounded stronger and the miss fire I once had was also gone. But there was a new code it was P0335.. Which said now that there problem with CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR A circuit... I致e checked continuity between SENSOR and computer and all is well... I need help, could the ECM be bad?
Demmo681402, If I had to guess at what your issue is, my first thought would be that you may have a bad connection somewhere.
That is either at the sensor connectors themselves, or at a body ground, or an unseen break in the wire(s) somewhere between the sensor and ECM. If you live in an area where salt is put on the road for winter snow, there may be some corrosion complicating the electrics as well, like at a ground. Lastly, the problem could also be the ECM or God forbid a bad sensor.

There is a 6-speed ECM for sale in the black marker for $200; however, it looks like it's from a Canadian car. Otherwise, you would have to check car-part.com.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-par...mputer-961829/

Since you stated that you did the 'continuity' checks for this P0335 code, I presume that you have access to the written 'test' procedures; however, I'm not sure. That's why I'm attaching scans of the 'test' for P0335 from the Helms for your reference.

Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
P0335 (1).pdf (447.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf
P0335(2).pdf (573.1 KB, 70 views)