Help, girl with a tranny prob?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Help, girl with a tranny prob?

Just got my '01 CL-S certified, bought it from my BF.. and yes, he brought it in and had whatever it was fixed when they had the recall..
So.. certified a month ago.. it all started with going from reverse to drive, the car jumps a little. Also, I'd be at a stop or driving under 15 mph and I'd feel a little surge, or rev..like the car wants to GO. Car still does those things, but now when I start it, the car jumps forward. Not violently.. just kind of wants to roll forward.
Checked the fluid my self after it had been running and the manual told me to turn the engine off and check it. So, I did, and the fluid looked high to me, over the 2nd line, checked it a few time after wiping it each time. That was a week ago, a guy at work checked it for me today with the engine RUNNING and said it looked high as well, but that the fluid was "brown and yucky" instead of reddish and more transluscent. So now I'm wonding.. could this be a prob with the fluid or the tranny because it's slipping? Also, if they did the 60k mile certification, shouldn't they have addressed the fluid being brown? And could it also be perhaps, that the transmission is burning the fluid?
I really don't want to pay for a diagnostic and have it not turn out to be the transmission. But of course, want to take care of this while it's still under warranty! Can anyone help!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by inbluedesign
Just got my '01 CL-S certified, bought it from my BF.. and yes, he brought it in and had whatever it was fixed when they had the recall..
So.. certified a month ago.. it all started with going from reverse to drive, the car jumps a little. Also, I'd be at a stop or driving under 15 mph and I'd feel a little surge, or rev..like the car wants to GO. Car still does those things, but now when I start it, the car jumps forward. Not violently.. just kind of wants to roll forward.
Checked the fluid my self after it had been running and the manual told me to turn the engine off and check it. So, I did, and the fluid looked high to me, over the 2nd line, checked it a few time after wiping it each time. That was a week ago, a guy at work checked it for me today with the engine RUNNING and said it looked high as well, but that the fluid was "brown and yucky" instead of reddish and more transluscent. So now I'm wonding.. could this be a prob with the fluid or the tranny because it's slipping? Also, if they did the 60k mile certification, shouldn't they have addressed the fluid being brown? And could it also be perhaps, that the transmission is burning the fluid?
I really don't want to pay for a diagnostic and have it not turn out to be the transmission. But of course, want to take care of this while it's still under warranty! Can anyone help!!!
Hey, I've had a similar problem with the colour of the tranny fluid. I just added Lucas Transmission fix to it. Obviously if the level is high then take it in and do a tranny service. Ask them to replace the filter as well. That Lucas Transmission fix is great to recondition the existing transmission oil but if there's too much the start with adding more could blow your transmission so be careful.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by msvara
Hey, I've had a similar problem with the colour of the tranny fluid. I just added Lucas Transmission fix to it. Obviously if the level is high then take it in and do a tranny service. Ask them to replace the filter as well. That Lucas Transmission fix is great to recondition the existing transmission oil but if there's too much the start with adding more could blow your transmission so be careful.

please dont add any transmission additives in your car. Honda transmissions are very sensitive as it is.. No need to add any unknown substance to it.

Msvara, sweety..take it to your dealership..they wont charge you a penny to diagnose a transmission problem.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by loud_whispers
please dont add any transmission additives in your car. Honda transmissions are very sensitive as it is.. No need to add any unknown substance to it.

Msvara, sweety..take it to your dealership..they wont charge you a penny to diagnose a transmission problem.

I've had many cars and I've added the Lucas transmission fix to all of them. I have never had any issues. Actually if you do the research on the web there is nothing but positive on thier products. In fact thier products are so good that many drag and funny cars use it.

Note: This is not a solvent that loosens grime or dirt it is strickly a reconditioning agent for the transmission.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-23-2005, 05:38 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take it to the stealership, its under warranty till 100k, and plus you might get nice loaner to tear around town in.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:30 AM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
lucas is wonder liquid. but if it's under warranty, the dealership will take car of it.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

I'll tell you guys something about my experiences with an Acura dealership. They will fix the things that are important but they will skip out on other things and say they are done. I don't know whether it's a professional judgement call that they make but they will not do it. I've found this out in several of my service calls. For example: My transmission recall wasn't done yet. I took it in and at the same time I told them to do a complete flush and replace the filter etc. Just a few months ago I checked my fluid levels and the transmission oil was brownish. So I added Lucas Transmission Fix to it. Not only did it revive the transmission oil back to red it will lubricate all the gears, synchros, valves and servos and keep a cohesive film on them always.

Another example is just a few weeks ago I got fed up with a noise coming from the rear of the car. Driving down a bumpy road it sounds as if the rear suspention arms/links are loose. I took it in and they told me it's the rear bumper cover clips. So I got them to replace it. 2 days later the sound reappeared. On Monday I'm going back in to see what's going on.

It's just frustrating to find the right dealership and you loose lot's of money in the process. To be fair I will not mention which dealership it is. I just want everyone to keep a third eye on thier dealerships as well.

Happy Holidays everyone! and Best wishes for the coming New Year!! CHEERS!