CL stuttering/stammering

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CL stuttering/stammering

okay i remember reading about this problem a while ago and i've been searching for a week but cant find the thread related to it. so asking it here.

it happens ocassionaly under normal driving conditions, but at low rpms like driving at 40-50 kmh or right before acceleration, the car has little vibrations which feel like slight jerks (3-4 times) as if it is stuttering.

does someone what it is and how to fix it. i can recall that quite a few people had similar problem but lot of different opinions. btw i have 01 CL-S auto.

thanks in advance
Old 09-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Instructor

I noticed that problem too when I kept the shifter in 5th all the time. Now that I keep it in 4th all but freeway driving, I never encountered that shudder problem. When I researched the forum, there was a guy that changed a solenoid or valve (I forgot which one) and solved his problem.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Cruisin'

I am running into the same problem with the stuttering. I think its the EGR valve. Dont know for sure yet. I probably wont be able to get mine fixed for a little while though.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:09 PM
bye Acura, hello Toyota

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cooldeol
okay i remember reading about this problem a while ago and i've been searching for a week but cant find the thread related to it. so asking it here.

it happens ocassionaly under normal driving conditions, but at low rpms like driving at 40-50 kmh or right before acceleration, the car has little vibrations which feel like slight jerks (3-4 times) as if it is stuttering.

does someone what it is and how to fix it. i can recall that quite a few people had similar problem but lot of different opinions. btw i have 01 CL-S auto.

thanks in advance
Not sure if this can help, but anyways...I have the same car as you (w/ 119K miles) & I started experiencing similar issues before. Then this past weekend, car idled rough & the cel lit up. Took it to a friend's shop & got it anaylzed & it turned out that cylinders 2,3,4,& 5 were misfiring. Ordered new coils & plugs, replaced those & car is all ok now. Just my ...