Air conditioner problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air conditioner problems please help

I have been having problems with my a/c. First problem I had was the condensor fan would not come on when a/c was turned on. The radiator fan would turn on as soon as a/c was turned on. I swapped relays with no difference. I ended up putting a jumper wire off of the radiator fan relay to the condensor relay and now both fans run when a/c is turned on but also both run if coolant switch activates which really isn't a problem but is annoying because I couldn't find the problem. My a/c wasn't blowing cold and the condensor fan not turning on was part of the problem. I evacuated my system and pulled vaccuum for several hours and it held 29mm/hg. I filled it with freon. It would blow cold then cool but still wasn't right because my pressures were still off. Then the pressure were in line and a/c was blowing super cold. I take my car out the day and the compressor makes an awful racket then locked up. I bought a compressor and put it on last night. I flushed my evaporator and replacing drier. I had the battery diconnected as I had to remove alternator to replace compressor. I hooked up my battery to test everything and compressor isn't getting any power plus my blower in the car will not shut off. I push the off button and the screen turns off but the blower still runs. When it is on I can't adjust the speed. THis is driving me crazy. Is my climate control module faulty or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
ok, try checking all the relays and fuses, both under the hood and your inside panel. Also there is the blower resistor. That one is mounted to the bottom of the blower motor, passenger side. You'll see it plugged in

I'm not sure if you have to remove the glove box or not, but it looks like you don't in the diagram. This is what went in my 1st gen when the blower motor wouldn't shut off.

Here's the link.

http://acuraautomotiveparts.org/acur...s=&view=normal

here's the link for autozone:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...mString=search

Hint, just bring the old one in, they didn't have mine in the system, period. I had to shell out 120 at O'Riellys, the were the only ones who had the correct one in the system.

Good luck
Old 06-07-2011, 09:53 PM
10th Gear

All the fuses and relays under the hood are good. I can pull the #3 fuse on drivers side and the blower will shut of as it shuts down the climate control module. I downloaded a 2061 page Acura service manual the other day because I was getting so aggravated with this thing. I love my CLS6 but i'm about ready to trade it in on a Nissan or BMW. The manual is confusing on a couple of topics when troubleshooting. Doesn't say anything about not being able to shut off blower. Also when I was troubleshooting condensor fan the book contradicts itself. I will check the transistor in the morning as my car is sitting at my shop right now. Want to get a/c working as it is a bit hot riding on my motorcycle. I don't want to charge my a/c until I figure out what my new problems. I have to figure out why my a/c clutch isn't getting power. I hate that I disconnected my battery. I should have pulled the alt hot. and just watched what I was doing. Maybe I just need an old chevy with a quadrajet and an hei distributor.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Sundance Gold in

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Cant really tell from you description, but it looks like you may have problem with your expansion valve being clogged. What were your pressures? Did you get vacuum @ some point on low pressure?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:55 AM
6th Gear

siako: i just had to change out my battery and the same thing happened to me. the blower blows constant (even when I've turned off the climate control and my ac does not blow cold. I got it to turn on a few times for a couple of secs (you can feel the cold air and the pull on the engine, but it shuts right back down). Is there a link that will explain the various relays (and ways) to check that mentioned in your original response. I'd like to do this before pulling the blower resister. One other clue that may help. When I originally tried to jumped the battery (unsuccessfully), I heard a lot of clicking under the dashboard and all my indicater lights flickered very rapidly. upon replacing the battery, it started right up. That is when the ac problem started. (worked perfect up till then). Any help you can give is most appreciated.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 AM
3.2 CL-S Sundance Gold

Has there been any updates on this situation guys? I have been dealing with the same issues and trouble shooting. I am about to swap out the Climate control module behind the dash buttons today. This is so frustrating and I am looking for anything that I may have missed.