Advice needed - Headlight went out

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006 | 12:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Unhappy Advice needed - Headlight went out

Back in Jan 2004, I had my left front headlight replaced because it flickered on/off. The dealer determined it was a bad inverter and replaced it and the bulb. After replacing it, I complained that the new light they put in had dirt or something in it and the color differed. So they replaced both inverters/headlight assemblies this time and the other bulb.

Now, my passenger side light has just gone out. I'm still under warranty and plan on taking it back to the dealer to replace. My question is this:

Should I take it back to the same dealer that did it originally or to another one?

I am starting to hate the original dealer since they didn't help me in talking to the field rep regarding my clutch (I had to contact them and talk to them to see if they were willing to goodwill the clutch work or at least the parts) and they ended up scratching my car in 1 spot. They also didn't take off 10$ off labor like we negotiated.

If I take it to a new dealer, I am afraid that once I fall out of warranty (in a few thousand more miles), they won't fix it again. If I take it to the original dealer, at least if the headlight goes out again, I may have a better chance of getting them to fix it either based on past problems or as a goodwill.

Now sure what to do, any suggestions?

Wherever I take it, I will have them do some other checkups and stuff since I'm nearing the end of the warranty. My clutch still feels a little funny in shifiting into 2nd and 3rd....the parking brake doesn't seem to hold unless it's pulled up really hard....and the hood doesn't seem to want to stay up by itself now. Hopefully all this is covered.
Old 04-07-2006 | 03:48 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Acura will retain the records regardless of the stealership you take it to for future reference. I'd take it to a different dealer IMHO.
Old 04-10-2006 | 08:12 AM
Pro

I though if they fix something w/i warranty period and it's a warrantied item and the new car warranty expires the new part is still warrantied for at least a year or 12,000 miles.
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:31 PM
7th Gear

problem

my drivers side headlight just blew. How much was the inverter? i was told by the dealer that it could be the bulb or something else. my high beams are now acting as the main lights and they are all kinda messed up. Just curious if ur situation is similar.

As far as the dealer, i'd take it somewhere else. I've dealt with a crappy Acura dealer before and it's not fun.
Old 04-14-2006 | 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Had mine replaced under warranty....they replaced the bulb and the inverter. I asked them how much it cost and he mentioned something like $400 to replace both.

Sucks, I was gonna start detailing my car last night and noticed that my headlight is all scratched up! I know it wasn't there two week sago since I always end up waxing the headlights when I detail the whole car. I'll be taking it back to the dealer on Monday or Tuesday to have the service guy check it out. Hope they make right on what I feel they did. I tried thinking if something could have scratched it up....but my car is either garaged or parked away from others. And it's only the headlight that was scratched, nothing on the body of the car is scratched!