03 CL-S 6 speed clutch master cylinder where to buy

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CL-S 6 speed clutch master cylinder where to buy

Hey everyone,

I'm a bit new to the forums so forgive me if this is already listed somewhere (I did do some searching through the forums but I couldn't find the answer yet). I have a San Marino Red 03 Acura CL Type S with the 6 speed manual and I currently am facing an issue where since yesterday morning, it was getting extremely difficult to put the car into either first or reverse. Now, I did do the dumb thing of forcing it into first a few times (stupid me), and when I tried to back it up into my driveway, I noticed that I couldn't really put the car into reverse. When the car's off, it's super easy to put the car into any gear, but when the car is on, even at a standstill, it's extremely difficult to put the car into first or reverse. I didn't check the vehicle today, but I do have a plan of
1. doing a pedal adjustment to see if that will fix it
2. bleeding the clutch to see if that will fix it
3. doing a transmission drain and fill with Amsoil MT Syncromesh that I bought from Halferland Performance to see if that will fix it

However, if none of these fix it, I will get a new slave cylinder and a new clutch master cylinder to replace the ones in my car. That's where I come here as from what I can see, Acura has discontinued the clutch master cylinder for our vehicles and it seems that no other Honda or Acura product shares the same part number. Does anyone happen to know where I can get a clutch master cylinder for my CL-S or what other vehicle or aftermarket company can I get a clutch master cylinder from in the case that none of the 3 easy fixes work?

Additionally, does anyone else suggest anything on how to fix this issue? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to diagnosing what the exact fix is so I'd love any help I can get.