03 CL auto issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 04:42 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CL auto issue

Sorry if this has been mentioned before and yes, I've used the Search feature and it shows nothing for what I'm looking to get info for. Anyways, My father has an 03 CL-S Automatic(What he told me) Today his shifter wouldn't get out of park. He called the guy he bought it from, who told him there's a easy fix for it. I.E. Removing a small plastic piece by the shifter and sticking a screwdriver down in there and pressing on WHAT I ASSUME is the Shift Lock Solenoid? Or am I way off? Anyone have this issue before? Is it that or something else? I can only find info for this problem on the TL's are they the same? AGAIN sorry if this has been brought up a lot.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,392 Posts
Originally Posted by Refillz
I can only find info for this problem on the TL's are they the same?
As you can see from the links below the 'Select Lever' anatomy for an automatic '03CL-S is the same as the '03 TL-S automatic; therefore, whatever information on the 2G TL side you can find, regarding your issue, would also apply to your fathers CL-S:
03CL-S
https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...ect-lever-scat

03TL-S
https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...ect-lever-scat

If there are further problems going forward with the shift solenoid et al, and either you or your father are mechanically inclined, the PDF Service Manual for either the 2G TL or CL can be had for free on the link below. I only say that because there are diagnostic processes outlined in the service manual that will help you find/test if a larger problem exists/continues to reoccur.
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...-776021/page2/
Old 07-16-2017, 05:23 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. So it's safe to say the Shift solenoid is why it gets stuck? Or could it be anything else. We just got the car and literally know nothing about it.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,392 Posts
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. So it's safe to say the Shift solenoid is why it gets stuck?
Give the fix you found on the TL side a try to get the car up and running, first.
I can't really tell anything more other than what I have provided because I own a 6-speed.

Or could it be anything else. We just got the car and literally know nothing about it.
If the problem persists, then the Service manual is going to help you further because it has all of the troubleshooting processes using a process of elimination.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:23 PM
3rd Gear

This is the fix we used, and it allowed us to move the shifter. Not sure if it helps solve the issue as to what's causing the issue. It only happened to us once so far, but apparently it's happened before for others. We just want to prevent it from happening again. But we'll source out a manual online to check out. Again thanks! P.S. Sorry if youtube links aren't allowed.