01 Cl factory alarm help???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 01 Cl factory alarm help???

Hello everyone,

Just got a 01 cl and need factory alarm help.

I searched threads the past 2 days but nothing.

1) when i lock doors with remote the parking light do not blink and siren does not chirp and the security light on driver door does not come on i have even pressed lock numerous times, but when i unlock the doors with remote the parking lights blink twice. any advise or sugestions??

Thanks so much
Pete
Old 01-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Cruisin'

I have the same problem with my 01 CL. If I find a solution, I'll post it A.S.A.P.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:14 PM
10th Gear

anyone with same issue?????
Old 03-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Sundance Gold in

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I am not sure if the hood has a electric circuit but if does and it is not closing, it will prevent your alarm from arming .
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cnjmale
Hello everyone,

1) when i lock doors with remote the parking light do not blink and siren does not chirp and the security light on driver door does not come on i have even pressed lock numerous times, but when i unlock the doors with remote the parking lights blink twice. any advise or sugestions??

Thanks so much
Pete
Does the door lock even though the lights don't blink? Do the doors unlock with the remote?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by celynka
I am not sure if the hood has a electric circuit but if does and it is not closing, it will prevent your alarm from arming .
Yes it does and that seems to be a very common reason why the stock "alarm" does not arm.

Many times it just requires removing the plug from the hood latch and spraying some CRC cleaner on the contacts.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Advanced

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much
Pete
I used to have this problem....couldn't figure out exactly what it was but my battery died shortly thereafter. I can't see how this could be the cause but you may want to try disconnecting the terminal for a few mins. and trying it again because after i replaced my battery everything seemed to have went back to normal. I've also installed an autostart since then so i usually use the non oem chirper but the oem one still works just fine.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Intermediate

Bonez!!! Did you hook up autostart to OEM alarm? Which one let me known please and if I can install it myself. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CLSLV
Bonez!!! Did you hook up autostart to OEM alarm? Which one let me known please and if I can install it myself. Thanks.
nah, i had it hooked it up seperately so both remotes work but i never "completely finished it lol so there are buttons on the afermarket remote that don't work. Like the lock button but i use my factory remote to do that. Even though the aftermarket remote doesn't lock the doors it still beeps the horn when i press it but I'm happy as long as the remote start works. I had a problem with the aftermarket remote start's alarm, if i armed it the factory alarm would think the car was getting broken into and sound the alarm so i never finished hooking it up.

I have the Python 1400XP
Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 PM
10th Gear

Hi guys thanks for the replys, i can lock and unlock the car with the remote but alarm does not arm, i keep seeing post about hood contact i can not find one anywhere.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Advanced

Hi guys thanks for the replys, i can lock and unlock the car with the remote but alarm does not arm, i keep seeing post about hood contact i can not find one anywhere.
how do you know alarm isn't arming? If you can lock the doors the alarm should arm with an extra chirp from the remote if its the factory remote. Also when u lock the doors does the red light flash next to the lock on the driver's side? That means alram has been armed...
Old 07-07-2010, 10:16 AM
10th Gear

Thanks Bonez 21, it locks and unlocks the red light on door does not come on, also i have opened the door after arming it i opened the passengr door an alarm does no go off. (my daugtet has a 99 honda and when i arm her alarm and manualy open pasenger dor the alar goes right off.)
Old 03-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Blackbird baby..

bringing out the dead here.. this is exactly what just started happening on my 03-CLS. The first time, the car was just sitting in the parking lot and the alarm started going off. No nearby cars/people/wind/etc.

WID: Disconnected the wiring connector (2 wire) which is located underneath the front rail right above the hood latch. Word of caution: you'll need to take off the plastic dealy-hoo which blocks access to this. Once you remove that piece you'll have access to the latch. I was able to disconnect the wire without removing the latch from the chassis (4 bolts), but YMMV.

I have [temporarily] disconnected the wire and plan to replace the latch assy asap. For now, the operation is back to normal; alarm arms & flashes parking lights once when locking through the key fob. flashes twice when unlocking. Previously, the arming light flash stopped working--assumably because the front hood latch switch was failed.

I'll try and take/post pics when I get to the repair.