Pics of my 92 Acura Legend LS

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001 | 01:06 AM
Banned

Pics of my 92 Acura Legend LS

Its a 1992 Seattle Silver LS with only 105K miles. Some of my mods include: JDM Clear Corners, clear bumpers, Indiglo gauges, GS rims, HID foglights, 2 JL Audio 12's, and coming soon, BMW X5 OEM HID projectors mounted into my headlights. Its hard to believe its a ten year old car, doesn't feel like it. Tell me what you think.

Old 12-11-2001 | 11:26 AM
Saving $$$ for something

Dude, you haven't even scratched the surface on your car, and posting it already?!
Old 12-11-2001 | 01:12 PM
Banned

I don't know what you mean by posting it already, is that a bad thing? WTF?
Old 12-11-2001 | 02:43 PM
Senior Moderator

I love those headlights!! Pretty sweet. Get some rims and you're all set!!
Old 12-11-2001 | 06:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by juniorbean
I love those headlights!! Pretty sweet. Get some rims and you're all set!!
Are you kidding? Those are the oft-coveted GS rims!!!
Old 12-11-2001 | 06:51 PM
Suzuka Master

damn, I miss my Legend, nice car...my other friend has a 94 LS coupe 6spd..BLKLEGEND...
Old 12-11-2001 | 10:31 PM
Saving $$$ for something

Quite simply, your car has more stock than wall street. (On the outside I mean) I'll send my pic in the spring, you'll see what I mean, anyway if you pulled into a car show, what would distinguish your car from the next guy? Just another stock legend
to me.
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:20 PM
Banned

Dude, people post pics of their completely stock cars all the time and I don't know if you consider almost $1600 in modifications much but I do. Stuff for legends is hard to get, as I can tell that you don't know.

What would exteriorly distinguish my car from the next? The bluest and brightest foglights money can buy thats what. The rarest color of all G2 Legends thats what. The sought after GS rims thats what.

What will distinguish my car from the next after this month? Factory BMW HID projectors mounted in my headlights and red/clear tails.

I honestly think if my car had aftermarket rims you wouldn't be saying "ish" about it. Okay, that is one exterior mod, or do you count it as 4? See it in person and you won't hate!!!!

Honestly, what I can say about your car is that it can't beat mine. What do you have, 150 HP from the factory?

JDM Corners: $150
Clear Bumpers: $37
Indiglo Gauges: $75
Audio: $400
HID foglights: $500
GS Rims: $400
Total: $1562
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:41 PM
Saving $$$ for something

Bro, my rims alone cost $2200, thats without tires, suspension and the many goodies that are on the way.
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:49 PM
Saving $$$ for something

That's factory, I'm right up there with you,
and soon to be passed you. Can you say F-MAX?,
I'm not one to talk, so I'll just end it here.
I'D LOVE TO SEE YOU ON A STRAIGHT-AWAY!!
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by acura516
That's factory, I'm right up there with you,
and soon to be passed you. Can you say F-MAX?,
I'm not one to talk, so I'll just end it here.
I'D LOVE TO SEE YOU ON A STRAIGHT-AWAY!!
You know what? He posted pictures of his car, in the gallery. If you are gonna be like that, get your ass over to the racing forum.
Old 12-11-2001 | 11:56 PM
Banned

Thanks for the support Vince. He has no knowledge about legends.

Ok, so far you have rims...Ummm, am I in the lead?...don't be hesitant to post. Dick.
Old 12-12-2001 | 12:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally posted by 92legend
Dude, people post pics of their completely
Honestly, what I can say about your car is that it can't beat mine. What do you have, 150 HP from the factory?

JDM Corners: $150
Clear Bumpers: $37
Indiglo Gauges: $75
Audio: $400
HID foglights: $500
GS Rims: $400
Total: $1562

ok rice boy well from what you siad first thing first.

the 2nd gen legends enging is a 3.2...where oh were did acura get the 3.2 for the CL? oh yes the legend so i wouldent be talking about the "150hp" try 220.

Why would a legend need need any work on the outside? it looks great to me besides

no for the reason your a rice boy. the "clear bumper" perhaps? or the clear bumpers? man those things are anoying to other drivers on the road trust me i know. Just go to ricecop.com youll see.

With out the legend the CL would not exsist and you wouldent be talking about any of this.

I chalange anyone to try to find proformance parts for a legend besides an intake of cat back its extreamly hard.

The true thing id love to see is a 95 legend 6 speed type 2 coupe pull up to a light to a CL. trust me its be no contest for the 6 speed.

Dont be to jelous
Old 12-12-2001 | 02:33 AM
www.acura-legend.com

Originally posted by AlStealth

ok rice boy well from what you siad first thing first.

the 2nd gen legends enging is a 3.2...where oh were did acura get the 3.2 for the CL? oh yes the legend so i wouldent be talking about the "150hp" try 220.

Why would a legend need need any work on the outside? it looks great to me besides

no for the reason your a rice boy. the "clear bumper" perhaps? or the clear bumpers? man those things are anoying to other drivers on the road trust me i know. Just go to ricecop.com youll see.

With out the legend the CL would not exsist and you wouldent be talking about any of this.

I chalange anyone to try to find proformance parts for a legend besides an intake of cat back its extreamly hard.

The true thing id love to see is a 95 legend 6 speed type 2 coupe pull up to a light to a CL. trust me its be no contest for the 6 speed.

Dont be to jelous
There's no jealousy goin on, You must not know what you're talking about son...the CL that Acura516 is driving is a very weak 2.2L underpowered sled.

The rear end is ugly, especially the taillights, and the front end looks like a toyota solara There's no comparison from a Japan built Legend to a Marysville Ohio or Canada built CL or TL. Sorry guys, that's the truth. Legends were built in Japan by real Honda techs. not built in the U.S.A. by the lowest bidder.

The only way to beat a Legend is to go fork over $30K++ for a new CL or TL type S.
If I spend $15,000 on a 95 Legend coupe 6 speed. Brought the car in my shop, installed a Weapon R intake, Custom catback exhaust with a Remus or Greddy Muffler, Venom 400, Venom computer controlled 85 shot N2O, a T-026 Garret Turbo with an HKS intercooler, I'd smoke any TL or CL type S and have less than $28k in it. Thank you, end of story, Lets see who proves me wrong.

Who's jealous? not me? not 92Legend? who are you talking to sir?
Old 12-12-2001 | 07:01 AM
legendarylegendz.com

Why can't we get along...OK, class is in session

you know, I usuakky don't do this, but I must say that someone OBVIOUSLY doesn't know much about the HOnda family!

First of all, show some respect for your Honda Heritage. ANY Legend stock looks better than 1st gen CL's Tl's or RL's...stock.

Now, granted, your car may be modded with Suspension and Rims...but the buck stops there. A STOCK LEGEND and a NEW STOCK CL? Come on, let's stop playing...you've heard there is no replacement for displacement, right? Well, let's see, unless you are in a CL Type S or New version CL, don't EVEN step to me....oh, you're not....

Why do I say this, well, as an owner of TWO (2) Legends...a coupe AND a sedan, I have raced Mustangs, 3.2CL's, 3.0CL's, 2.2CL's, Civic's (HA) and Integra's....and my most recent one...a Mustang GT.....don't play with me...I would llike to see you race me with all of your mods...take a pic...my STOCK sedan (rims only) or my coupe (wouldn't you like to know whats under the hood), and I am not spraying....MOTOR A MOTOR (motor to motor).

Put your money where your mouth is...and face it....Legends are way classier, pull more honies, get more heads turned than someone in a 1st or 2nd gen CL or TL. There is no comparison...LEgend MSRP was $38,500 - $ 46,500....the equivalent to a $55,000 - $65,000 vehicle now! GEt real! What is the CL MSRP? a 2001 CL is only $32,000, $35.5 decked out.

Next time you stepoff the porch, be careful about what you say...I respect everyone's rides, and some people do their work in stages, some people aren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth, and some people know people, you see what you done started? NOw you've got 5-7 Legends to deal with....and all we are trying to do is show some love.

I ain't mad atcha, just tryin to kick some knowledge.
At the last meet we had, CL's and TL's came out, and they marveled at how beautiful and timeless the LEgend is. Show love man, not hate.....this guy is just trying to get feedbackas he goes along...NO ONE (unless you are just balling out of control) buys a car and has it fully modded in 2 months. SHit, its hard enough tryin to get PARTS for the LEgend as it is...so show some DAMN RESPECT!

This is in no way to put down my other fellow CL'ers and TL'ers, just had to get something straight...know your Got-damn heritage son.....

I bet if you put your car next to mine at the mall...see who's getting more chicks...ok i'll stop...WHEEW Why y'all get me started

Sorry Guys...I LOVE ALL ACKS...just hate ACK HATERS

Old 12-12-2001 | 08:10 AM
Banned

Fellow legend owners, I appreciate the support but lets not come in here and straight up put down CL's. Although, I do agree with pretty much all of your comments about the 1st Generation CL's I wouldn't want CL or TL people coming into the Legend forums and bashing legends. Lets be considerate of others but I think we are allowed to bash acura516. I honestly do think acura516 is jealous or something. Why would he immediately start bashing me for posting pics of my what he thinks is pretty much stock car? Did that offend him? I doubt it. I am picturing his CL to be a riced out, decal infested, chrome rimed CL.
Old 12-12-2001 | 08:54 AM
legendarylegendz.com

no no no

dare not put down CL's and Tl's ...I do like them, just hate people putting down Legends...thw whole REASON there is ACURA now....the whole reason there is even a chance for the two letter siblings to exist...prior LEgend Owners!

Or Die HArd ACk fans like myself
Old 12-12-2001 | 09:50 AM
Racer

Originally posted by bdimc2001
damn, I miss my Legend, nice car...my other friend has a 94 LS coupe 6spd..BLKLEGEND...
Correction 94 L coupe 6 speed.
Old 12-12-2001 | 11:10 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Legend owners are off the hook! lol

man oh man legendary-

You gave acura516 a ring-side seat! lol Yeah you guys got to hold it down tho, the legend was and still is a nice car. I lUV the 6spd 230hp you guys got underhood. Class for class, my buddys friend's blk Legend Coupe GS was off the hook! When I had just got my CLS (Blk) and we were to drive around, we got equal amounts of love. People thought I had a honda accord while everyone knew he had a legend coupe, until they saw my acura logos, exhaust and roadlamps. He got rid of his legend but I wish I could had bought as a second whip!
Old 12-12-2001 | 11:17 AM
9th Gear

hey acura516

hey acura516,
i'm sure you won't go down to atl to race legendary but there's a whole bunch of legendz up here in NYC. take u'r pick, you wanna try me and my ls coupe? if you want to make it somewhat even, i'll match you up with a STOCK sedan.
Old 12-12-2001 | 11:50 AM
K L E A N

Can I get a Hell Yeah!

Originally posted by luvmylegend

There's no jealousy goin on, You must not know what you're talking about son...the CL that Acura516 is driving is a very weak 2.2L underpowered sled.

The rear end is ugly, especially the taillights, and the front end looks like a toyota solara There's no comparison from a Japan built Legend to a Marysville Ohio or Canada built CL or TL. Sorry guys, that's the truth. Legends were built in Japan by real Honda techs. not built in the U.S.A. by the lowest bidder.

The only way to beat a Legend is to go fork over $30K++ for a new CL or TL type S.
If I spend $15,000 on a 95 Legend coupe 6 speed. Brought the car in my shop, installed a Weapon R intake, Custom catback exhaust with a Remus or Greddy Muffler, Venom 400, Venom computer controlled 85 shot N2O, a T-026 Garret Turbo with an HKS intercooler, I'd smoke any TL or CL type S and have less than $28k in it. Thank you, end of story, Lets see who proves me wrong.

Who's jealous? not me? not 92Legend? who are you talking to sir?
Preach on brotha!
Old 12-12-2001 | 12:07 PM
K L E A N

As a previous owner of a 97 TL (even though it was a 2.5) I got Maaaad Luv for my whip.. I mean the shit was CLEAN... Under the hood ALL STOCK... I had sounds and tint and some 97 CL chromies but thats it.... I've pulled plenty chicks with the wip...

Now I got a 95 Legend Coupe and the shit is even better! Due to the fact that THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY LEGENDS LEFT!!!! Now if you got a coupe u are like on in a million on the road! Now my coupe is all stock except for tints and Bump in the trunk but I get Luv for the coupe because u dont see many as clean and Its Milano RED!! I get more luv from older people 20's and up becasuse they remember the Legend as being the shit back in the day... I'm not down playing any acura cause I love em all TL/CL-S & NSX.... but the legend is the father.... Show some respect
Old 12-12-2001 | 01:05 PM
Dv8
Life Ruiner

Moded Legend, did someone want to see a moded Legend???...

That ought to do it. Talk now.

Old 12-12-2001 | 01:42 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Re: Moded Legend, did someone want to see a moded Legend???...

Originally posted by Dv8
That ought to do it. Talk now.

What the hell is under your hood?!
Old 12-12-2001 | 03:27 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Moded Legend, did someone want to see a moded Legend???...

Originally posted by ThoroDredCLS

What the hell is under your hood?!
NOS...now, boys...if you're gonna go bash on the 1st gens...be my guess..watch what you say about the Type-S....
Cuz I can just throw a bottle of NOS in too...and be in the 12s....with an AUTO....but yeah, I love the legends too...very timeless and classic style...

BTW, remember, this is Gallery...take all squabbles to racing stories or Ramblings...
Old 12-12-2001 | 08:14 PM
Dv8
Life Ruiner

When I see

NOS, Custom installed(by my self&and some hired mussle)Type II Legend engine,CAI,Greddy Exaust,Chip & S-AFC. On the DYNO i pull 185WHP and 170LB-ft NON NOS. NON NOS i pull a 15.3 1/4 mile and 13.98 NOS--Street tires.
In the off season(NOW)Ive installed a few more goodies that have the potential, under NOS to get me further down the 1/4 mile chain.

When i see any other v6 Honda in the 13's or better yet in the 12 with NOS and a AUTO tranny, I'll shut up, Till then All you can do is "TALK!"
Come to Sears Point in March when it reopens, or Sacramento raceway. Im always at either one, most every Wed. Big bright yellow Legend, can't miss it. There you can put up, or shut up!

~Hybrid

Old 12-13-2001 | 03:51 PM
Banned

I've seen you up there...
I knew you were the one with NOS....
Old 12-13-2001 | 06:36 PM
7th Gear

Just thought I would add my two cents so to say...

I love the new 00-02 CL-TypeS. Sweet, 260HP, and looks pretty good. I admire all Acuras, and the Honda Prelude (except for the last gen!). I prefer the CL-TypeS and Legends. The Legend has one of the best designes I've seen, and the TypeII 230HP 6-spd are just awesome. Don't diss the Legends, they're great cars. They're what kept Acura alive and ticking. Currently I'm working on getting a 93-95 TypeII 230HP Legend Coupe. I currently own a 90 Legend Coupe. It's 0-60 in about 8secs or so. 1/4 I've seen range from 16-15.5secs. Even then the 1st Gen Legend were great, while not packing as much HP as it's big brother, the 160HP Engine is still very good. I love my G1 Coupe, I wont sell it away after I get a G2. Acuras rule

We all share a passion, let's not fight! Someone get some Vigor owners up in here..
Old 12-16-2001 | 12:15 AM
Pro

Your Legend is timeless and classy, man! The Legends were fantastic cars, and yes, we love our CL and TL, but esp the 2 door Legend coupe, they are probably one of the most beautiful cars ever designed. Even to this day, i never fail to turn my head in those rare times i actually see one on the road that is mint. To go with the car, the name "Legend" is incredible fitting too. How can these 2 letter names compare to the old Acura names?? Legends were and are still great and beautiful cars.
Old 12-18-2001 | 01:11 AM
Suzuka Master

I challenge any legend to a race... 6 spd coupe...whatever...
I am all motor, no nos, not type S, stock vs. stock, driver skill b/c hp is about the same...bring it...NYC area...

btw, I used to own a 91 Legend and a very good friend of mine, yours truly BlkLegend aka Albert...has the infamous 6 spd coupe...dusted him...twice...so yea, I'm feelin confident..i know yea yea, people say he can't launch, so I want a better challenge. who wants to bring it..
Old 12-18-2001 | 02:25 PM
7th Gear

I SAID, I PREFER the Legend, but I admire all Acuras, and the Honda Prelude. I PREFER, the Legend's design than that of the TL or CL's. I really admier the CL and TL Type-S. The CL better of the two in my opinion. I never said a Legend would beat a CL. A CL is 260HP VTEC.
Old 12-18-2001 | 03:18 PM
Drifting

I thought this was an Acura-CL Gallery?
Old 12-18-2001 | 06:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Slooo97CL
I thought this was an Acura-CL Gallery?
No, it just says gallery. Some of the stuff in Car Talk is about other cars anyway, so what's the difference?
Old 12-19-2001 | 12:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by vince

No, it just says gallery. Some of the stuff in Car Talk is about other cars anyway, so what's the difference?
Well, the diff is that we need to create a different gallery..
Old 12-19-2001 | 01:09 PM
www.acura-legend.com

is this bickering still going on? if you guys vallue your gallery so much, why don't you do your administrator a favor and send him some donation money to keep your forum up and running.
Old 12-19-2001 | 01:41 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

my .02

I think the legend gallery forums must be down!
Old 12-19-2001 | 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally posted by luvmylegend
is this bickering still going on? if you guys vallue your gallery so much, why don't you do your administrator a favor and send him some donation money to keep your forum up and running.
Some of us have.. So, where is your forum?
Old 12-21-2001 | 09:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by moomaster_99
Some of us have.. So, where is your forum?
Their forums suck!!!! that's why I no longer go there...
Old 12-22-2001 | 08:06 AM
www.acura-legend.com

our forums didn't always suck, It's our administrator that has applied the KAWF format that really does suck. We used to have the UBB format and he switched.

Just watch, By the end of January, we'll be using V-Bulletin format and the Legend Forums will ROCK AGAIN!!! (sorry, had a flashback of the 80's)

So,,,Who's gonna trade in their current CL if the new 6 speed comes out?
Old 12-22-2001 | 10:28 AM
Saving $$$ for something

i'll gotta see if my dad will let me take a demo for a test drive when it comes out

Quick Reply: Pics of my 92 Acura Legend LS