Can a CL be stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 12:39 AM
Big Shark Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can a CL be stolen?

I'm going to drive to New York for a family wedding in Brooklyn. My friend said that the CL with its coded key was next to impossible to steal. This sounds a little "wishful thinking" to me.

1. Can this car be stolen, EASILY? (I understand if they want it no matter what you do its gone).
2. Will a steering will lock help keep it safe?
3. Any places to stay way from in New York, (I’ll be doing some sight seeing after the wedding).

And no I’ve never been to New York before.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine is stolen!
Old 02-25-2004, 06:09 AM
Pro

dude,
there are plenty of people on thisboard from brooklyn...and there are also much nicer cars in brooklyn to steal than our cl's...

bottom line, if it fits on a flat bed it can be stolen
and brooklyn really isn't that bad a place to worry about your car...once you start parking in newark or camden nj then you can start worrying
Old 02-25-2004, 08:03 AM
B A N N E D

I'm from Jersey and I have to go to Brooklyn myself on Saturday for a party. Acuraboy does have a point if they want to steal it they will find a way to take it, regardless with a flat bed or with whatever. Who ever steals a CL is because they are looking for that particular car not because its special. There are plenty of other nice cars parked out there for a thief to go ahead a pick yours. The only good security is that full coverage! Don't sweat it, go out have a good time and if you are going to go out sight seeing, Brooklyn is not the place to do it, your going to have to go to Manhattan for that.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
just park in a garage with an attendant if you are worried.

brooklyn you will be fine, probably shouldn't go park in bedford-stuyvesant though.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any car can be stolen.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
The CL can be stolen. There are ways to get around the chipped key nowdays. Flatbed is another option. I'd be more worried though about somewhere just breaking into the car. You'd be amazed at what someone will take. A friend of mine had his BMW broken into in Brooklyn last year. They stole his leathered covered Bible, yet left the $20 in the console. Also HID theft used to be a problem, not sure how much now.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro

they might try to take the wheels get some good wheel locks
Old 02-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Intermediate

yes, its true if they want it they could steal it...but i have the best possible way they can not steal it. a friend of mine told me how to do this. its so simple. the only way they can steal it is if they tow it. my friend and i use to have integra's. here in san diego. his car got broken into and they tried to start it but they couldnt. people have shaved keys and they can easliy take your car just like you open and start your car with a real one, i have a friend without a shaved key and its just a spare 90' accord key. he can get into any acuras or hondas. no B.S. he used to do it to f *** with me and do it to my 98 accord , that i used to have also but now i have a cl and he did the same thing. he couldnt start both of the cars cause of the chip in the acura and newer honda keys. the ignition couldnt read it. i guess you get the point. now to your ques. all you have to do is pop up the hood to get to the engine bay and go straight to your fuse box, then look under the fuse box cover and look for the fuel injection fuse and pull it out. then youll be good to go. it works a 100% cause without the fuse the gas wont go through fuel injection and the engine will just crank. think about it. no fuel going through the engine, it wont start. right? i live in an apartment complex and everyone at one time here gets the car broken into about 70% of the time and the other 30% they take the whole car. take it from me, my sisters car got stolen 3 times and just broke into like 5-8 times here and my old integra got broken into about 3 times. but the fuel injection fuse will work extra perfect. try it yourself and try to start your car after you pull the fuse. itll just crank. they cant hotwire or anything, just tow it. and the jackers will never no. its the best thing i ever found out.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:16 AM
Advanced

^^^

Funny you mention the injector fuse. All that the immobizer does in our cars is dissable the fuel system anyway, so it just cranks and does not start. But it can always be bypassed by someone that knows what they're doing.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Avoid sections with people, you mean....
Old 02-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Intermediate

fuel injection

yeah, you can find out, but what person that is trying to steal a car is gonna sit there and figure out whats wrong. if they cant steal it theyll just leave, right. there not gonna stick around for the owner or someone to come. thats my point, its so simple. what thief in there right mind will sit there in think. thats the last thing on there mind is to fix the prob., they just want in and out. you still cant hot wire it though. it wont work if theres no current goin through without the fuse.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

fuse

tell me how you can bypass it.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:39 AM
Banned

LMAO. not suprised ur from kansas city bro. hehe.
"o gosh, i must park my car in... err... well.. uhhh.... new york city! i heard that place is crazaayyy!"

haha, just kiddin...
Old 03-01-2004, 10:10 PM
cl2
Instructor

typesaddict-do you fear black people?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Don't worry about the car getting stolen - vandalism and HID theft are what you need to worry about. Someone tried to steal my lights in my apartment building's closed garage. Don't really matter where you park. Friend of mine is on his 5th set of HIDs on his 01 CL. I hate living here!
Old 03-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Peace. I'm out.

OK, enough of these odd little things that most people wont try. Just PARK IT IN A GARAGE. I go to the city a couple times a month, and i've only parked it on the streets twice, when it was in clear view from where i was. I would much rather pay 20 bucks to park in a parking garage then have to deal with the anger and frustration of something shitty happening on the streets.