man. u are so sure that youre putting down 280 with nothin but breather mods

was this dyno run using nitrous?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by phee
man. u are so sure that youre putting down 280 with nothin but breather mods

was this dyno run using nitrous?
lets see I have all the mods that you have said to have in other threads plus I have PnP manifold,runners , 3.5inch intake,light weight flywheel and custom 2.5inch header collector/no cat. So if you have claimed almost 260hp before then im sure even if this dyno is off it couldn't be more than 5 or so hp.Also like I said before I plan on getting a dyno some were else soon. Why are so many people doubting this, hell P2R has dynoed 300 before with these motors with no internal work just breather mods.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by reese8789
lets see I have all the mods that you have said to have in other threads plus I have PnP manifold,runners , 3.5inch intake,light weight flywheel and custom 2.5inch header collector/no cat. So if you have claimed almost 260hp before then im sure even if this dyno is off it couldn't be more than 5 or so hp.Also like I said before I plan on getting a dyno some were else soon. Why are so many people doubting this, hell P2R has dynoed 300 before with these motors with no internal work just breather mods.
People don't like change. Just post a dyno from another place when you get a chance and I'm sure that'll deaden some of the uproar. I too think 280hp is a bit high but if it's true it's true. Time shall tell. In any case, nice numbers and nice job on the swap!
On a side note, I'm definitely interested in gutting the butterflies, that way I wont have to deal with the IMRC. Since you've done it, have you noticed any dip in low end tq off the line or throttle response?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-Future
People don't like change. Just post a dyno from another place when you get a chance and I'm sure that'll deaden some of the uproar. I too think 280hp is a bit high but if it's true it's true. Time shall tell. In any case, nice numbers and nice job on the swap!
On a side note, I'm definitely interested in gutting the butterflies, that way I wont have to deal with the IMRC. Since you've done it, have you noticed any dip in low end tq off the line or throttle response?
i concur.
i was wanting to do this as well.
more info on the butterfly delete please
Old 03-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
dont just wish make it happen. To show the real HP test ill go to the quarter and show everyone what my trap speed is.How about you?
Obviously, I cant because I live in TX. I am not going to waist gas to prove you wrong. I know what my car can do and I know my real numbers.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
People always doubt when a dyno is posted. I would guess that p2r didn't get questioned cause of their reputation. People dont wanna believe someone else gets better numbers after spending less money then they did, especially if they spent 3g's or more on a s/c.

The ported IM and runners I bought were off the p2r car and the imrc is welded closed, so are the air assist valves on runners. I was wondering how this would affect my car, your numbers are encouraging. I will have pretty much same setup as you and p2r minus custom headers so hopefully I can get a dyno done too.

Here is what p2r had to say when I asked him about it.

I was told that "I don't want the butterfly. I will lose hp with it. It only works on stock car. Once you start modifying the engine and changing the air flow patterns you no longer need to worry about the butterflies. All it does is provide less airflow for partial throttle at low rpm's. It isn't meant to be a wide open throttle restrictor".

I asked about losing torque at low rpm and was told "only torque you will lose is below 2500 rpm at very low throttle. Not enough to notice".

Last edited by brian6speed; 03-15-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by brian6speed
People always doubt when a dyno is posted. I would guess that p2r didn't get questioned cause of their reputation. People dont wanna believe someone else gets better numbers after spending less money then they did, especially if they spent 3g's or more on a s/c.

The ported IM and runners I bought were off the p2r car and the imrc is welded closed, so are the air assist valves on runners. I was wondering how this would affect my car, your numbers are encouraging. I will have pretty much same setup as you and p2r minus custom headers so hopefully I can get a dyno done too.

Here is what p2r had to say when I asked him about it.

I was told that "I don't want the butterfly. I will lose hp with it. It only works on stock car. Once you start modifying the engine and changing the air flow patterns you no longer need to worry about the butterflies. All it does is provide less airflow for partial throttle at low rpm's. It isn't meant to be a wide open throttle restrictor".
I asked about losing torque at low rpm and was told "only torque you will lose is below 2500 rpm at very low throttle.Not enough to notice".

that's the whole point of it, is to broaden the torque band for a street driven car

and it's kinda like VTEC too, to broaden the power band, while also having a good idle

cause in reality VTEC is just one more thing to break on a race car (and you are in the power band anyways if driven properly), and you could give really two shits about how well it idles; why do you think they make VTEC eliminator cams? for like the B-series and such; for race cars...
Old 03-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the main difference in P2R is that they are using an AEM standalone to tune, not to mention a custom header that flows way better than anything on the consumer market.

dyno numbers dont really matter, dont take offense to it when were saying the graph is inaccurate. there are way too many factors that play into dyno numbers for it to be a good basis to be comparing our cars with.

i think the main part of the speculation just comes from the fact that many other cars have the same mods and they definitely dont put down anywhere near that.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by e r y k
the main difference in P2R is that they are using an AEM standalone to tune, not to mention a custom header that flows way better than anything on the consumer market.

dyno numbers dont really matter, dont take offense to it when were saying the graph is inaccurate. there are way too many factors that play into dyno numbers for it to be a good basis to be comparing our cars with.

i think the main part of the speculation just comes from the fact that many other cars have the same mods and they definitely dont put down anywhere near that.
Thats just it they dont have the same mods as i do. show me another dyno with the same mods. I have seen a few with less mods than me putting down close to 260. Also P2r told me they put down close to 300 before they even used the stand alone ems.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by e r y k

x2 gaining power from 242 to 260 was no easy task for me
Old 03-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Racer

x2 gaining power from 242 to 260 was no easy task for me
get some good pnp work done on the manifold and runners and a 3.5 inch intake lose the cat and open up the collctor on the headers and I bet you too can achieve close to 280hp. Also the light weight flywheel I think is much better than the light pulley it takes more weight off the crank.

Last edited by reese8789; 03-15-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,144 Likes on 4,811 Posts
Educate yourself a bit more on his Accord. That 300hp number was on a standalone and while it had stock internals the heads were milled thus raising compression.

As I said earlier in this thread, dyno numbers dont mean shit.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Educate yourself a bit more on his Accord. That 300hp number was on a standalone and while it had stock internals the heads were milled thus raising compression.

I specifically asked p2r in an email if the head was milled and he said no, so not sure what to believe on that part.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Lone Wolf

I specifically asked p2r in an email if the head was milled and he said no, so not sure what to believe on that part.
btw I just reread thru p2r's thread at v 6 p forum and this is what he posted.

"the heads on this engine are not milled. Completely stock. Just all the bolt ons that are listed above. The Plenums and custom header has a lot to do why not many people make this HP.
We sometimes run a J35 based on which series we are racing the car in."

So according to him plenums and header is why.

He was planning on doing a custom 3.4 build but gave up on it.

Ill try to find the post where he confirmed it.
Racer

Hey maybe you need to educate yourself more cause I spoke with sean on the phone about it and he said they almost hit 300 on the stock ecu. Whatever though Im done with this. Ill post some track times when i get them and maybe another dyno if i feel like paying for it.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Lone Wolf

Dont let negativity get to you. I appreciate this thread and any info you can give on ur setup, might help me with mine.

I also wanted to ask how does the torque curve feel in daily driving with butterfly delete.

Last edited by brian6speed; 03-16-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 PM

Hey maybe you need to educate yourself more cause I spoke with sean on the phone about it and he said they almost hit 300 on the stock ecu. Whatever though Im done with this. Ill post some track times when i get them and maybe another dyno if i feel like paying for it.
Originally Posted by PowerRev
Not a TL but TL engine at least

P2R Power Rev Racing
FARA MP2-B Race Car

Stock J32A2 Engine

P2R 4 Inch Intake
P2R Throttle Body Spacer and Thermal TB Gaskets
P2R Bored Throttle Body
P2R Ported Intake Manifold
P2R Thermal Intake Manifold Gasket
P2R Ported Runners
P2R Custom Header
P2R Custom 3 inch Exhaust

Tuned on AEM EMS
302 Hp & 277 Tq

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAxZv-nbdsM
Yep, stock ecu

I am searching for where Sean mentioned the compression was raised. Once I locate that post Ill post it here.

Last edited by civicdrivr; 03-16-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Racer

Yep, stock ecu
Guy like i said i spoke with sean before and he told me that they made near 300 even before the aem ems. Not this dyno run though. So yes stock ecu.call them and ask if you dont believe me.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Dont let negativity get to you. I appreciate this thread and any info you can give on ur setup, might help me with mine.

I also wanted to ask how does the torque curve feel in daily driving with butterfly delete.
x2
Old 03-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
Thanks for coming out to the track yesterday. Your car runs really strong! During our second race when I got the jump on you off the line, you still pulled hard against me in 2nd and 3rd gear. You have inspired me to do a PnP and get a j-pipe so that I can be a little faster next time. I will have my friend send me the videos.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:01 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^what was his trap and time?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
^what was his trap and time?
It was only a 1/8 mile track. I think he was 9.4 at 84mph while I was 10 at 73mph in my stock 06 5AT. He also didn't launch hard and nearly stalled on that race so I'm sure he could get a much better time than that.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Lone Wolf

1/8 times are pointless for proving power. It is all about launching properly. Has more to do with tires,suspension and reducing wheel hop than power.

If 1/8th times are your main performance concern then a set of traction bars for track only will be best mod possible,sticky track tires, plus removing 500 lbs from car.

Last edited by brian6speed; 03-17-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

awesome thread.

a few of us have asked and got no answers about the butterfly delete. Is there a noticeable difference and does it throw any cels? torque loss?

this is basically just removing the imrc plugs and removing the butterflies correct?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I got the Shifts

i have a butterfly and no butterfly dyno thread. i lost hp up top with it closed and lost hp down low with it open.

the TQ curve takes a big hit down low with it open but the HP up top makes up for it IMO.

during daily driving it feels fine.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by AARONSredTYPE-S
awesome thread.

a few of us have asked and got no answers about the butterfly delete. Is there a noticeable difference and does it throw any cels? torque loss?

this is basically just removing the imrc plugs and removing the butterflies correct?
I would definitely remove butterflys there just in the way of air flow through the manifold. Also I did not notice any power loss down low, if any thing it made the car feel like it pulled better. Furthermore I cut other pieces of metal out of the manifold that I felt were in the way of air flow.Such as the posts that used to hold the butterfly's in the manifold.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Racer

My best run was a 9.1 at 83mph. Cant launch car at all. If I try to launch it just wheel hops then spins. So on most of the runs I just rolled off the line then punched it. My best 0-60ft time was a 2.48. Terrible I know but still able to pull a 9.1 1/8 mile and 83mph trap speed. I was pulling constant 82-83mph in the 1/8 so i know the power is there.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Racer

1/8 times are pointless for proving power. It is all about launching properly. Has more to do with tires,suspension and reducing wheel hop than power.

If 1/8th times are your main performance concern then a set of traction bars for track only will be best mod possible,sticky track tires, plus removing 500 lbs from car.
I can agree that 1/8 mile times are not the best tool for proving power but the mph you make in the 1/8 does say something. like look at some stock bmw m3 e46 track runs they run around 82mph through the 1/8. They also dyno around 275 to the wheels stock.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

COOL, VERY INFORMATIVE.

Well, it seems like no matter what, it is worth it to delete the butterflies, soooo im in it to win it...lol...

good thread btw
Old 03-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by AARONSredTYPE-S
COOL, VERY INFORMATIVE.

Well, it seems like no matter what, it is worth it to delete the butterflies, soooo im in it to win it...lol...

good thread btw
I would say it is worth considering if you have a ported IM. If it isn't then I'd keep it.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Racer

I would say it is worth considering if you have a ported IM. If it isn't then I'd keep it.
x2
Old 03-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

oh, i see. thanks guys.
guess ill just look into an 09 sh tl intake manifold, but thats after my valve adjustment and headers
Old 03-21-2011, 09:43 AM
03 CLS-6

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Congrats on the numbers and don't mind the negativity. I'm going to be shooting for about the same numbers with my car n/a. The only difference is I will be spraying my car with a 125 wet shot. So will see what type of numbers I put down eventually.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Good time with the bad launch.
What's the fastest you have ran ? I know it's faster than that video.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:30 AM
I got the Shifts

How did you fit the intake to your TB?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by richardparker
Good time with the bad launch.
What's the fastest you have ran ? I know it's faster than that video.
I have ran a 8.9 That was before I upgraded my cat back though. If I coud get a decent launch I should be running like a 8.7 8.8 for the 1/8. Next Im gonna be upgrading my suspension hopefully this will help out with controlling wheel hop. Then Ill go to the 1/4 mile and see whats good.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Racer

How did you fit the intake to your TB?
I used a vibrant 4 ply 3inch to 3.5inch coupler. I also smoothed out the curve on the inside to make a nice smooth transition.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Racer

Update 1/4 mile run

still can improve need a better launch. suspension up next. also it was 82 degrees.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:11 PM
I got the Shifts

got a 3.5 inch intake and i definitely felt a gain. but then again, i didnt even have an intake... just a filter on my manifold.

ill be getting the runners ported as well then a dyno.

nice times BTW

Quick Reply: tl 6 speed swap 282WHP 240WTQ