Greddy Headers......

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 11:10 PM
Mr. Lover-Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Headers......

Ok Fellas.....I said i wasnt going to do any more performance mods, but instead, go with the "cosmetic" mods from now on.
But i have to say....The idea of another STOCK CL-S out there with more power just doesnt sit right with me.
Now, i am not saying that i am gonna be able to beat a 6mt CL-S, but more importanly...i think i am addicted, infected with the MOD BUG!

So help me out here.....It seems as though the Greddy headers are gonna be 1/2 the price of Comptech.

$400-$600 is much more feasible than $1200+ for Comptechs.....BUT
Would you buy from Greddy....or stick with the Comptechs that are specializing in Honda/Acura mods????????

Does anyone have ANY info for me....please help.
Old 12-24-2001, 02:35 AM
Pro

Re: Greddy Headers......

Originally posted by DeLucCL-S
So help me out here.....It seems as though the Greddy headers are gonna be 1/2 the price of Comptech.

$400-$600 is much more feasible than $1200+ for Comptechs.....BUT
Would you buy from Greddy....or stick with the Comptechs that are specializing in Honda/Acura mods????????

Does anyone have ANY info for me....please help.
Boy, if Greddy can come out with a comparable set of headers for 1/2 the price, they'll eat the market for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacks in between

For $1200 for a set of Comptech headers, I personally don't think it's worth it, unless you value stainless steel fabrication with TIG welding and a Comptech name.

I went with Comptech headers because they're the only one that was available for the CL-S. But after having installed them and testing them out at the track, I am not throughly impress for the price. My model apparently had rough edges and irregular surfaces inside the primary pipes leading towards the secondaries. Even the stock headers had smoother finishes on the inside, despite their constricting design.

I would wait and see what Greddy has to offer. Greddy is a well respected Tuner in Japan.
Old 12-24-2001, 09:15 AM
Mr. Lover-Lover

Re: Re: Greddy Headers......

Originally posted by FDao

Boy, if Greddy can come out with a comparable set of headers for 1/2 the price, they'll eat the market for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacks in between

For $1200 for a set of Comptech headers, I personally don't think it's worth it, unless you value stainless steel fabrication with TIG welding and a Comptech name.

I went with Comptech headers because they're the only one that was available for the CL-S. But after having installed them and testing them out at the track, I am not throughly impress for the price. My model apparently had rough edges and irregular surfaces inside the primary pipes leading towards the secondaries. Even the stock headers had smoother finishes on the inside, despite their constricting design.

I would wait and see what Greddy has to offer. Greddy is a well respected Tuner in Japan.

Thanks for the info........ANYONE ELSE??
Old 12-24-2001, 09:42 AM
Suzuka Master

GReddy is also a pricy company. I wouldnt bet that the headers for the accord v6 are going to be any less than 850-1000 if the gains are similar or equal. I don't think Greddy is going to be nice and sell them for under $700. They want a piece of the market. Hey if people keep purchasing comptech headers for 1200 then why not sell it for 850-1000. Remember a business wants to maximize there profit. If the header is released for under $700, that should tell you that the gains suck!!!

I think the only way to drive the price down is not to buy headers for a few months. Damn that would scare the shit out of comptech. They would have an overstock of headers and be forced to lower their price. But because some of us have money to blow that will never happen...

sidemarker
Old 12-24-2001, 03:46 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am waiting for new headers too, Greedy or WarpSpeedPerformace or whoever custom made one....

I would buy from non-comptech just to fuel competition. Also, I would wait till I see a CLS dyno with said headers and wait for users feedback on the qaulity of the product.

CLS is stupidly fast enough on Q rated winter tires that I am forced to wait till next spring to WOT again.... Let alone adding new Performace mods, New Headers, AEM pullyes, and the RES....

I miss my 235/34/18 Nitto Extreme 555 tires.
Old 12-24-2001, 04:22 PM
Old timer

I don't care how much they cost, as long as they are made well I will buy them just to spite CompTech and their overpriced headers.
Old 12-26-2001, 09:52 AM
Mr. PC

Originally posted by sidemarker
GReddy is also a pricy company. I wouldnt bet that the headers for the accord v6 are going to be any less than 850-1000 if the gains are similar or equal. I don't think Greddy is going to be nice and sell them for under $700. They want a piece of the market. Hey if people keep purchasing comptech headers for 1200 then why not sell it for 850-1000. Remember a business wants to maximize there profit. If the header is released for under $700, that should tell you that the gains suck!!!

I think the only way to drive the price down is not to buy headers for a few months. Damn that would scare the shit out of comptech. They would have an overstock of headers and be forced to lower their price. But because some of us have money to blow that will never happen...

sidemarker
I have to disagree. GReddy would be smart in significantly lowering their price of the CL headers. Think about all the Comtech loyal customers out there. If the GReddy headers were $200 cheaper, most people would still buy the Comptechs. Only because of the name and the "higher" reliability. GReddy will have to offer a lower price to pull customers away from Comptech. Besides Comptech is making a killing with their $1200 headers and hopefully everyone knows that?? I would be very dissapointed if GReddy trys the same shit. Think about it, Comptech has a monopoly over that part = prices through the roof.
Old 12-26-2001, 12:27 PM
Banned

Okay....guys...I understand the knock against Comptech...it is expensive...but I got mine for $970 before the increase. Blame the power pirates in Texas for that one. Anyway.....to play some devil's advocate.....I'll give you an idea of the price comparos for Comptech and Greddy( US name...Trust is actually the Japanese name)...go to Tim's site and look at the exhausts...assume it would only cost maybe $100 to add a cat-back pipe.
Old 12-26-2001, 12:45 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Originally posted by moomaster_99
I'll give you an idea of the price comparos for Comptech and Greddy( US name...Trust is actually the Japanese name)...go to Tim's site and look at the exhausts...assume it would only cost maybe $100 to add a cat-back pipe.
You could also compare headers for an Integra GSR. Comptech's are 383 or 473. GReedy's go for 327. About $50-140 difference on a 4-cyl. So, for V6 headers, maybe $300 less?
Old 12-26-2001, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Bluto

You could also compare headers for an Integra GSR. Comptech's are 383 or 473. GReedy's go for 327. About $50-140 difference on a 4-cyl. So, for V6 headers, maybe $300 less?
That is because the Integ market is hyper competitive.....can you tell me if the power gains are the same?
Old 12-26-2001, 01:08 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Originally posted by moomaster_99
That is because the Integ market is hyper competitive.....can you tell me if the power gains are the same?
I don't know much about aftermarket integra parts Does one have more gains?

I just thought Comptech Header vs. GReedy header would be a good price comparision.

Until GReedy's header hits the dyno and track, it's all speculation.
Quality and availability are also issues.
Old 12-26-2001, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Bluto

I don't know much about aftermarket integra parts Does one have more gains?

I just thought Comptech Header vs. GReedy header would be a good price comparision.

Until GReedy's header hits the dyno and track, it's all speculation.
That is true....from a marketing standpoint...if your product was inferior...you would undercut the quality leader....if you had a product that was on par with the industry leader but wanted market share...you would undercut them by maybe a $200...and hope people would come to you anyway...if you only have 2 players in the market....you would not sink the prices by overloading the market with a lot of low priced items.

As for the Integra market.....and the civic market...they are probably the 2 biggest aftermarket targets in the US, if not the world. Anything made for a Civic can be easily modified to work for an Integra....the header manufacturers alone number in double digits.....let's see...Greddy, DC, Mugen, Comptech, Spoon, Pacesetter, Hotshot..and a ton of tuners in Japan...tons of smaller companies....
Comptech stands out from the rest in that they are race proven...
Old 12-26-2001, 04:24 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

Bah, I don't give 2 sh!ts if the GReddy headers are cheaper or not. I'm Canadian, eh...and $200 USD savings translated to about 50 cents CAD

Besides, I already paid a small fortune in canadian dollars for those Comptech headers...it would just be a waste of money to switch headers now.