Zaino THOROUGHLY tested every day!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 06:14 AM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino THOROUGHLY tested every day!!

besides tree sap, dirty birds, and the normal grease, grime, and dirt from the roads, Zaino has held up to the "acorn" tests every day at my house extremely well...and we're talking a good 10-20 foot suicide mission too...sometimes i hear it from my room, and i get nervous, but no scratches, pits, or dents yet...sometimes i'm sitting in my car when an acorn comes down...it freaks me out it's so loud!! ...so bottom line is one more reason to put that Zaino on people!!
Old 11-12-2001, 06:21 AM
Banned

A car cover doesn't take nearly as much work!
Old 11-12-2001, 06:45 AM
Instructor

Re: Zaino THOROUGHLY tested every day!!

Originally posted by Scooter
besides tree sap, dirty birds, and the normal grease, grime, and dirt from the roads, Zaino has held up to the "acorn" tests every day at my house extremely well.....so bottom line is one more reason to put that Zaino on people!!
I'm truly amazed at how wet and shiny looking
both are cars are with Zaino.
I have a confession to make:
"I'll put drivers side window down half way (cold out) and just run my hand back and forth on the smooth feel of the roof with Zaino on it." Using the claybar took all the contaminants out and the finish is sooooo smoooooth! Love the product.

My wife got top dollar for her 97 Honda Accord when she traded for TL because the finish of the car looks so new. The time put into weekly wash and Zaino (1 coat) is about 45 minutes per car and worth it in the long run. I want to get three more coats on before snow flies.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:57 AM
Instructor

geez all these talk about zaino, now i wanna get some for my car. I was just looking at their website and god is it confusing. Can anyone tell me which 1 i have to buy,where can i order them and is it easy to use? Oh and is it safe to use it on my car if its only 2 weeks old?
Old 11-12-2001, 10:48 AM
'Cooter

the younger, the better...start protecting your baby ASAP

u absolutely need Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6, and Z7...anything else is up to u...don't forget to get Original Dawn before Zaino'ing for the first time.

Z1: once or twice a year as a base coat - 1st coat u apply when u first get the package

Z2: the polish - apply it as often as u want...make sure u mix it with the Z1 for the first coat...DO NOT remove Z1 without first applying Z2...THEN u can buff off both coats together

Z5: swirl mark reducer - also use as often as u want...pretty self-explanatory...u can use Z5 as an alternative to Z2 when u mix with Z1...u really shouldn't mix Z2 and Z5 together...so think of it this way...u wash and dry your car...now u have to make a choice...Z2 or Z5...u should use one, then wait 6- 24 hours before using another.

Z6: spray - use this after doing a coat of Z2/Z5...the spray acts as the finisher for each coat...u can also use Z6 inbetween washes to keep the car sparkling clean.

Z7: car wash - a must for the collection b/c it contains polishes found in Z2 that will sink into the paint coats while u're removing dirt, grease, and grime at the same time...smells good too

the easiest way i can think of describing the process is to run through simulations of washing/waxing the car using all of the above products, so let's run through a couple:

1. (this is your first time Zaino'ing the car) wash the car with Dawn...dry the car...Z1 the entire car and let it sit for a few moments...DO NOT buff...Z2/Z5 on top of Z1 and let it sit anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours depending on how hot/cold and humid/not humid it is...good test to see if it's ready is to take a finger and run a line through (if there is no smearing, u're good to go...if there is smearing, wait longer and repeat)...buff off both coats when dry...wait a few moments and admire the view...Z6 the car (u don't need much at all...a little Z6 goes a loooong way)...u're done!! now wait 6 - 24 hours before doing the next application

2. let's say u wait a week to wash/wax again: Z7 car wash and dry...Z2/Z5 and wait 30 minutes to a few hours...buff off...Z6 spray...u're done!!

3. basically every time after that is the same procedure

Notes:
- i usually alternate Z2 and Z5 every time since my baby is full of swirls

- many people swear by the clay bar...so u can clay bar your baby before, after, or both depending on how much u can get off...the bar takes away many contaminants and smooths out the finish very successfully

- Feldcrest white 100% cotton towels are best for drying/buffing

- Zaino EVERYTHING on the car - like the light covers, badging, and wheels

that's all i can think of at this point...hope this helps...makes a great FAQ section
Old 11-12-2001, 11:29 AM
Banned

You guys are too nuts about Zaino, its actually funny.

Zaino really does seem to have a big cult around it.
Old 11-12-2001, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Thank you soooo much for the explaination scooter. Whats original dawn though??
Old 11-12-2001, 11:47 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by yayaya143
Thank you soooo much for the explaination scooter. Whats original dawn though??
Plain old DAWN dishwashing detergent.
It will strip ALL wax from your car, but wont hurt the paint.

Go with the original stuff, because you don’t want any extra added fragrances or colors that will be harder to get off the paint.

Shawn S
Old 11-12-2001, 12:12 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shit, i've been putting on z1 everytime! Any adverse affects?
Old 11-12-2001, 01:01 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Zapata
shit, i've been putting on z1 everytime! Any adverse affects?
one hell of a basecoat ...u're good for like a few years now ...i'd say the extra Z1's don't really add/take away from what u have already, so save that Z1