You think Acura service sucks? Read this then.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 12:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You think Acura service sucks? Read this then.

Ok - so my wife's 99 Expedition with 31,000 miles on it died on Friday - as she was shopping for a wedding gift for a wedding in Daytona that she was the Maiden of Honor at on Friday.

No big deal - it just wouldn't start. She turns the key, it clicks, and the dome light dims. I'm thinking battery or starter - both no biggies. Read on.

So she calls the Ford roadside assistance. The tow truck gets there an hour and a half later (not bad!) but she's 6 months pregnant, and it's 95 degrees and 90% hunidity.

So she gets to the dealer (Don Reid in Maitland, FL) and the tow truck guy says "they never come to greet you with a tow here - you're going to have to go up and find someone". Again - 1:00 on a Friday, extremely hot, 6 months pregnant.

So she goes to look for a service advisor. The first 4 people she finds are on the phone and "wave her off". Assholes. She finally found someone who cared, and as soon as HE got off the phone (clearly phone calls are MORE important than the GDMF people standing in front of them!), he took her info, key, and she called me.

She gave them her cell and our home number.

The wedding was Saturday and we came home at 8:00 to find no message from the dealer. So when I got up this morning, I called the dealer. "Oh - that's been finished since Saturday afternoon at 3:00." I was a bit perturbed so I mentioned that we didn't get a call on Saturday. "Sorry".

It turns out that would be the first and LAST time we got a "sorry".

So we go in this morning to pick it up, and I decide I want to speak to the service manager to let him know of the lack of care in his service people. After waiting for 20 minutes for him, I suggested we go somewhere quiet (so as to not cause a scene). He takes us into his office. My wife told him the story.

All he answered with were excuses, "They were busy - they were on the phone", "Did the people on the phone have name tags? If not, they weren't service advisors" and one REALLY bad idea, "Well, it was warranty work so we don't get to those first".

WTF???!!!??!!

And then, "Well, we should have called, but it was 3:15 and we close at 4:00 on Saturday. We don't call warranty work customers when we find the problem - only when it's fixed".

NEVER a "sorry" from the SERVICE MANAGER. Never a "what can I do to make it up?" Never a care for customer service.

When I take my car in (granted, it's an Acura...) for service, they get off of the phone to take care of my problem. They apologize for things they have no control over ("sorry you had to wait so long for the tow truck - we'll take care of your next oil change for free" - that happened with my 97 3.0CL!), and most of all they give customer service - over all other things.

So next time you don't get a loaner on time(Ford laughs at you), or have a little bit of a problem, give them credit - they can NEVER be worse than Ford.
Old 08-13-2001, 01:49 PM
Burning Brakes

amen, we should appreciate what we have and get
ford sux
10 yrs ago my sig was 3 fords
Old 08-13-2001, 04:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Trade it in on an MDX!!!!

Problem solved
Old 08-13-2001, 04:15 PM
Banned

That was my idea, but she wanted the 3rd row seat, 5.4L V8 (to tow a horse trailer soon) and the extra space.

Originally posted by CL-SPS:
<STRONG>Trade it in on an MDX!!!!

Problem solved </STRONG>
Old 08-13-2001, 09:04 PM
www.drippinwet.com

don't blame ford and there products for lousy service, i was service manager for a year in a dealer in indiana, we did everything we could for customers, and then some, its all in where you go and what kind of dealer they are