You just Zaino'd and you're pissed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2001 | 08:33 PM
I'm out of HELL!!!!

You just Zaino'd and you're pissed!

Pissed that you spent ALL day making your car beautiful and now you have to drive it around and get it dirty.

Manual labor that takes this long and has this much satisfaction at the end should be cherished for longer than an hour!

I spent all day on my car and have to drive tonight. Tomorrow I have to drive from Long Island to Princeton, NJ and then from there back & forth to Philadelphia Mon-Thurs of this week.

Still worth it in my opinion. You take care of a lot more than just a regular car wash. The effects of Zaino will last much longer than some driving to PHL and back.

-Rob M.
Long Island, NY
Old 07-14-2001 | 10:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Did you clay the car? If not than you got no beef. Zaino, first time, is labor intensive. Everytime after, (unless you clay again), it's easy.
Old 07-15-2001 | 12:58 PM
I'm out of HELL!!!!

This is not my first time using Zaino on the car.

I didn't clay though - because I don't have Z-7. Maybe I can just use some regular car wash crap to lubricate the clay bar.

-RM
Old 07-15-2001 | 12:59 PM
Drifting

Claying the car makes a HUGE difference. I couldnt believe it. If youclay, then you have to redo the wax though.

Spiro

Originally posted by RobOnLI:
<STRONG>This is not my first time using Zaino on the car.

I didn't clay though - because I don't have Z-7. Maybe I can just use some regular car wash crap to lubricate the clay bar.

-RM</STRONG>
Old 07-15-2001 | 10:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by RobOnLI:
<STRONG>This is not my first time using Zaino on the car.

-RM</STRONG>
Yes. It's fine to use some decent car wash to lubricate. Get a new spray bottle, fill it with a solution of car wash and water and clay to music. Do a section at a time and run your fingers over a clayed area versus a nonclayed area and you'll be amazed at how smooth the car feels with the clay. Not sure if it means much though!

O. Btw. Claying is VERY labor intensive if done everywhere on a single day.
Old 08-05-2001 | 02:02 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Do you use Z6 at the end?

The only place on my car that gets consistantly dirty is the areas behind the wheels. Looks like mudflaps are my next mod!

My car stays pretty clean otherwise, besides dust and all. You shouldn't be getting hammered in an hour. (Although an hour of highway driving can be horrible with rocks and all)
Old 08-05-2001 | 07:21 AM
Suzuka Master

After Z1 (twice a year only), Z5, Z2
arrrrgggghhh!
ran my car through sprinklers and puddles
..it was unavoidable

oh well.
shit happens
Old 08-05-2001 | 12:54 PM
I'm out of HELL!!!!

Chod,
Always Z-6 at the end...Z-6 between 5 & 2 as well.

Just a biyatch trying to keep it looking as good as it looks just after finishing it.

I traveled to Philly everyday that following week (I Zaino'd on Sat, drove to Princeton, NJ on Sunday and then back & forth to PHL from Princeton M-F). I think it's time to Zaino again. The car can use it.

-Rob
PS - Chod...you're only out in Ronkonkoma - I'd like to see your car at some point. Maybe at LI meet if I ever get to one.