yo joey.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 12:26 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yo joey.....

i saw your mot. V series car kit...where did you get that??and is it easy to install it into a cl???

-it has a mic and speaker phone rite??

thank you

i hab the same phone.....
Old 02-24-2001, 04:36 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by buyingCLsoon:
i saw your mot. V series car kit...where did you get that??and is it easy to install it into a cl???

-it has a mic and speaker phone rite??

thank you

i hab the same phone.....
</font>
I got mine from the Verizon Wireless Retail store. But you can get it from a Sprint Retail store or directly from Motorola.. A lot of companies on the net are selling it cheaper tho.. Just type a search for motorola handsfree kit and it will pop up.. It works for the Vadar and Star Tac phones.

...It's clear as daylight. I couldn't believe it.. The cost of the unit was about $150 and the install $75. The guy that did the install had about 20yrs experience in this. I tested it before I left and I was amazed. He sat in the passenger seat and I was in the drivers seat and he called the Verizon rep on the phone. We started talking to the lady and I gave her a test. I told her that I would start counting and would decrease my speaking volume as I kept counting. I advised her to tell me to stop when she could no longer hear me and repeat the last number she heard. ANywho, I started counting and when i got to number 26 I was at a whisper. Guess what? I stoped the test myself and asked her if she was still there cuz she never said a word. ANywho, she said yeah keep going, the last number I heard you say was "26".. That blew my freaggin' mine.*LOL*. This works even better since I got voice activated dialing feature. The speaker is installed below the steering column and you hear out of it just fine..
..The mic as you see is right next to the rear view mirror.. The cradle sits on a fit that uses the bolts of your stereo.. Again, the install really depends on the tech that does the job. Great wiring in mine. Everyone should get a kit for their car. They make one for just about every car.. I plan on getting the universal one that works off your car speakers and mutes your radio on incoming calls.. However, I didn't get it cuz it might mess up the Navi voice since it too must mute the speakers.

------------------
'01 3.2CL-S (BLACK &lt;&gt; EBONY) W/ NAVIGAT. KIT
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
~ REAR SPOILER ~ ** ~ACURA NOSE GUARD BRA~
~GOLD EMBLEM KIT + GRILLE~ ** ~ROOF VISOR~
~MUD GUARDS~ ** ~WOOD TRIM KIT~
~MAHOGANY SHIFT KNOB~
~ CARGO NET~ ** ~ WHEEL LOCKS~
~35% METALLIC CHROME TINT (all doors)~
~V-1 RADAR DETECTOR W/ REMOTE~
~MOTOROLA HANDSFREE PRO-INSTALL PHONE KIT~
~ALPINE 350W AMP - W/ 12" XTANT SPEAKER~

Joey's Mistress
Old 02-24-2001, 05:08 AM
Pro

what about when your are driving or the window cracked?

------------------
2001 acura cl type-s
comming soon
2000 accord v6 sedan
1997 4runner
1992 camaro
1993 volvo 850
"Tell me kid, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light"
Old 02-24-2001, 05:09 AM
Pro

what about if you change phones, can u just change craddle or is whole unit get replaced

------------------
2001 acura cl type-s
comming soon
2000 accord v6 sedan
1997 4runner
1992 camaro
1993 volvo 850
"Tell me kid, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light"
Old 02-24-2001, 01:54 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,181 Likes on 689 Posts
I have a car kit for my Nokia 6100 series and it's great. I did the install myself and it wasnt hard at all. The hardest part was finding a place to mount the speaker and connection box. I put the mic on my rear view mirror mount. Someone asked about changing phones - i wanted to get the new really small nokia but the store told me i would need to get a new kit.

------------------
'97 CL with custom scratches thanks to my mom's "wonderful" cats
Old 02-24-2001, 05:11 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NYREP1:
what about if you change phones, can u just change craddle or is whole unit get replaced

</font>
You do have to get a whole new kit..Unless you want to remain in the same family of phones.. My kit is good for V-series and Startac phones.. As long as I want to carry Motorolla phones in those families then I'm fine. You don't get loss of quality with the window cracked.. The tech placed the speaker under the steering chasis so it's isolated from a lotta air. The Mic pics up sound very well and does a good job at filtering noise...
..But if you really want the flexibility to go from phone to phone, buy the kit I told you that uses your Radio Speakers.. This thing is universal and is highend.. All you gotta do is change your cradle for this one. I will find da website and post it soon. I plan on getting it eventually only when I get a new phone that doesn't work with my current kit.

------------------
~MAHOGANY SHIFT KNOB~

Joey's Mistress
Old 02-24-2001, 06:19 PM
Race Director

Hey Joey, all

This puts the Vader/Vulcan phones to shame.

http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/v60c.html

None of the current accessories are compatible.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *

[This message has been edited by kensteele (edited 02-24-2001).]
Old 02-25-2001, 05:03 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
Hey Joey, all

This puts the Vader/Vulcan phones to shame.

http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/v60c.html

None of the current accessories are compatible.

</font>
That's nice Ken.. But why do you say that the accessories are not compatible? Per se the handsfree kit? I'm impressed, but not in awe.. After seeing some of the phones they carry in Europe when i lived there for a while, I just threw my hands up in total despair *LOL*.... Mid 2001 heh? I wonder which carrier is going to carry it.. I hope it's AT&T.. I have accounts with AT&T, SPRINT, and Verizon Wireless... It gives me the option to get the cool phones when they come out :-)... Although Verizon has had the best signal strenght, but AT&T is my fav.. Pocket Net (unlimited web access) and Sprint..oh well, I can pretty much flush my phone down the toilet along with their service *LOL*..

Here some sites for some other phone kit options...One of them is very cheap too..

1.car kit w/ cassette option

2.car kit with universal option

Any phones will work with these.. That would be my best choice.. I suggest you have a pro give u some possibilities for install sites..

------------------
'01 3.2CL-S (BLACK <> EBONY) W/ NAVIGAT. KIT
~MAHOGANY SHIFT KNOB~

Joey's Mistress

[This message has been edited by j_o_e_y (edited 02-25-2001).]
Old 02-25-2001, 02:53 PM
Race Director

Joey, I work at Sprint PCS here in Kansas City. Thanks for the comments.

I used to carry the V-phone for about a year but I have since switched to a different phone which I can't tell you about just yet (perhaps in a few short weeks).

Verizon will have all of the latest Motorola phones when they are available (later than sooner) and Sprint PCS always have the coolest phones and the best lineup to choose from; phones that other carriers will never see.

AT&T will never get the v60 unless it's GSM. TDMA is [going] dead. The v60 is a new phone that doesn't use the traditional Motorola V/StarTAC/Timeport accessories like carkits, batteries, chargers, etc. I choose not to get car kit installed because I will be implementing a bluetooth setup soon. http://www.motorola.com/bluetooth/action/index.html

Later.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 02-25-2001, 03:18 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

joey, I can't wait for you to get more mods. Your sig almost fills my screen. Hurry up so I can really put miles on the scroll wheel.

------------------
OK, so what's the speed of dark?

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote
Old 02-25-2001, 10:37 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
Joey, I work at Sprint PCS here in Kansas City. Thanks for the comments.

I used to carry the V-phone for about a year but I have since switched to a different phone which I can't tell you about just yet (perhaps in a few short weeks).

Verizon will have all of the latest Motorola phones when they are available (later than sooner) and Sprint PCS always have the coolest phones and the best lineup to choose from; phones that other carriers will never see.

AT&T will never get the v60 unless it's GSM. TDMA is [going] dead. The v60 is a new phone that doesn't use the traditional Motorola V/StarTAC/Timeport accessories like carkits, batteries, chargers, etc. I choose not to get car kit installed because I will be implementing a bluetooth setup soon. http://www.motorola.com/bluetooth/action/index.html

Later.

</font>

Sorry Ken *LOL*... I'm in Chicago and the Sprint reps told me it was common to have dead spots in major intersections... Not a good thing to tell a customer.. I had more drop calls on my Sprint phone in 1 month then i did on my AT&T phone in 2 yrs.. They didn't want to break my contract without paying the fine.. So i'm paying them money every month event tho I no longer have a phone.. This is all in hope that they will get there Cell Sites in order and I know they always have cool phones, that was my reason for signing up with them...
...I'm ordering Springs and Sways in a couple weeks.. I find myself swerving in and out of traffic so much more...I'm gonna save up about $1000 for the parts and labor.. Plus, I'm wondering why people that have had springs install not have the techs adjust the headlights.. Are they not willing to see it..

------------------
~ REAR SPOILER ~ ** ~ ACURA NOSE GUARD BRA ~
~ GOLD EMBLEM KIT + GRILLE ~ ** ~ ROOF VISOR ~
~ MUD GUARDS ~ ** ~ WOOD TRIM KIT ~
~ MAHOGANY SHIFT KNOB~
~ CARGO NET ~ ** ~ WHEEL LOCKS ~
~ 35% METALLIC CHROME TINT (all doors) ~
~ V-1 RADAR DETECTOR W/ REMOTE ~
~ MOTOROLA HANDSFREE PRO-INSTALL PHONE KIT ~
~ ALPINE 350W AMP - W/ 12" XTANT SPEAKER ~