Yes!!! 350z....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
i went 2.089 on stocks 60 foot...wanna race?
Old 11-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You asking me? Why would I do that... maybe add 300cc worth of Nitrous to make up for your bigger displacement

If you had a 8.969... you probably will hit 13's... how does the MPH compare... that is more reflective of the second half of a 1/4-mile race!
Old 11-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by typeR
does that say 9.032 for the 1/8th?
i just went 8.969 gues thats 13's for sure
You cannot really compare 1/8 times and get 1/4 times. Your car is probably a 13.9 car, just go run it.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:19 PM
Suzuka Master

damn this tread is so god damn ridiculous

with equal drivers

auto Z vs auto Cl-S =Z will win

6spd Z vs 6spd Cl-S =Z will win

what is the problem

3.5L 287 hp DOHC RWD vs. 3.2L 260 hp SOHC FWD

im sorry but the numbers just favors the Z. i have driven both cars except the auto Z and i can say the Z is faster PERIOD

sidemarker
Old 11-08-2002, 05:27 PM
Safety Car

Hmm

Sidemarker: I completely agree with you.

Maximised is having rejection issues and feels even a well-modded CL-S (6spd) will lose to a STOCK 350Z (6spd).
Old 11-08-2002, 06:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by allmotor_2000
Sidemarker: I completely agree with you.

Maximised is having rejection issues and feels even a well-modded CL-S (6spd) will lose to a STOCK 350Z (6spd).
i do agree with the fact that a modded cl-s 6 spd vs stock Z 6spd will be a close race. im glad you beat the Z and i think your car is pretty quick. but only time will tell who actually owns who in the long run...

sidemarker
Old 11-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by sidemarker
damn this tread is so god damn ridiculous

with equal drivers

auto Z vs auto Cl-S =Z will win

6spd Z vs 6spd Cl-S =Z will win

what is the problem

3.5L 287 hp DOHC RWD vs. 3.2L 260 hp SOHC FWD

im sorry but the numbers just favors the Z. i have driven both cars except the auto Z and i can say the Z is faster PERIOD

sidemarker
you cannot compare peak numbers...it's area under the curve, by weight by gear,by driver, that will tell the truth
Old 11-08-2002, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by allmotor_2000
You asking me? Why would I do that... maybe add 300cc worth of Nitrous to make up for your bigger displacement

If you had a 8.969... you probably will hit 13's... how does the MPH compare... that is more reflective of the second half of a 1/4-mile race!
79.35 on that one and on one pass i went just over 80mph
Old 11-08-2002, 09:12 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by Maximized
Great post Russ....Again showing your vast intelligence.

Nothing can beat a Nissan... lol

Let me clarify that statement.......Nothing can beat a Nissan as long as Russel Zotz is driving.

Has anyone in Chicago actually met this tool? Can any of you actually put up with him in real life? Cuz if he acts the way he does here, I'd have smacked the shit outta him by now for being so damn stupid ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Banned

you cannot compare peak numbers...it's area under the curve, by weight by gear,by driver, that will tell the truth
Very true.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by JRock

Has anyone in Chicago actually met this tool? Can any of you actually put up with him in real life? Cuz if he acts the way he does here, I'd have smacked the shit outta him by now for being so damn stupid ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
My name seems to always get brought in, but then he keeps backing up Nissans and saying nothing can beat them? Hmm strange...I am not saying that.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Suzuka Master

it was obvious that i was not comparing trucks and cars here and i didnt feel like looking up all the data but i believe the Z weights a little bit less then the CL-S and both had equal drivers.

typeR your beefed up cl-s is rated 3.5L 300 hp SOHC FWD, IT IS obvious that you can beat a 3.2L 260 hp SOHC FWD CL-S or even a 3.5L 255 hp DOHC FWD Maxima, would you agree without looking at weight gear or even its area under the curve?

i was simply just making the point that the cl-s can not hang with a Z. im pretty sure your car can but no stock cl-s in this world could beat a Z with equal drivers.

sidemarker
Old 11-09-2002, 01:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by sidemarker
oh my god this thread is so freakin stupid

the Z will kill our cars in a race PERIOD

sidemarker
cars...you didnt say stock...I/H tires and an auto will give a Z a run at which point i think it's a drivers race.... and the other statement doesnt matter truck or car when you quote someones peak hp/lbft and though it sounds dominating it might not be...imagine a mustang with 260/290 with a rpm range that maxed at 5K it doesnt but you see what i mean...we make the same horse and less torque you think we should lose...but we make the less torque for much longer all the way to 7200 rpm ,and instead we win easily with 5 k as the example...look at a dyno all the area below both lines were broken up into little cubes,gears, and drivers,weight equal... the one with the most cubes wins...not the one whos qubes reach a higher number..i hope this isnt confusing...im going fast
Old 11-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Nice race.

My cousin just got a Z last month, he got a base model for like 27k. I got to admit, it's a hell of a deal for a nice looking sports car. We haven't gotten to run yet cause he's not broken in, but we've played around a bit, I know I can hang with him in some gears. They are by no means blindingly quick in stock form...about as quick as an Lt1 I think.

My cousin told me that Stillen is about to drop a SC for it soon, like 70whp.

Check it out fellas http://www.freshalloy.com/site/featu...len/home.shtml
Old 11-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Banned

Yea but a 190 hp Maxima can beat a Z....

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=163752

Seems strange this Max owner comes in here with his BS, then these Maxima owners can beat a Z and nothing gets said.

Weird ain't it?

Oh yea another Maxima hanging with one...

http://forums.max-world.org/index.ph...eb13b13fb07b66
Old 11-09-2002, 07:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Alright I dont know anything. You among with the countless other internet racers need to get to a track to see what happens. A lot of people on this board think they are great drivers cause they can street race or drive in a straight line.

Look at the facts and you will see that my statement is highly possible. The Z puts down nearly as much hp as a 6 speed CL-S with mods. Now lets factor in a 200 lbs weight difference and a superior coefficient of drag. You probably raced a guy who didnt know how to drive his car to the fullest potential. It takes time to get good performance numbers out of a car. If it didnt, then the first time at the track we would be running record et's. Wait some time and you will see some good numbers coming in.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:16 PM
Banned

Alright I dont know anything. You among with the countless other internet racers need to get to a track to see what happens. A lot of people on this board think they are great drivers cause they can street race or drive in a straight line.

Look at the facts and you will see that my statement is highly possible. The Z puts down nearly as much hp as a 6 speed CL-S with mods. Now lets factor in a 200 lbs weight difference and a superior coefficient of drag. You probably raced a guy who didnt know how to drive his car to the fullest potential. It takes time to get good performance numbers out of a car. If it didnt, then the first time at the track we would be running record et's. Wait some time and you will see some good numbers coming in.
Oh but a Maxma with alot less hp down, seems to be able to keep up as well or even beat one. Hmmm.

LOL!

You are a BIASED Nissan idiot.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Banned

I know your past Russ. You try to hide it on this website and try to blend in. For shits and giggles, why dont you post on ClubSi. I am sure you will get a warm welcome. Why dont you tell everyone about your previous BS kills when you owned a Sentra and Maxima?? Tell them about all the faster cars that you spanked and then got flamed about.

My Maxima is a nice car and thats about it. I never said that I cannot get beat or Nissans in general. You guys own a nice car too and I recognize that. But YOU think you own a Benz or Ferrari. All your cars are the best or the fastest, but thats all a fantasy world you live in.
Lets see here...

Sentra SE 2.0, 15.5 stock, but a auto 4th gen 15.8-16.2 stock. Very possible.

I haven't talked shit, I just state the facts like I always have and how it happened. You sir are the one biased asshole that thinks other cars cant beat certain cars, but then a Maxima can!

WOOHOO!
Old 11-09-2002, 07:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SilverBullet
Oh but a Maxma with alot less hp down, seems to be able to keep up as well or even beat one. Hmmm.

LOL!

You are a BIASED Nissan idiot.
A Maxima that ran a 14.3 on street tires running a Auto Z from a roll and pulling barely a 1/2 car...sounds plausible to me.

Keep making yourself look dumber
Old 11-09-2002, 07:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Lets see here...

Sentra SE 2.0, 15.5 stock, but a auto 4th gen 15.8-16.2 stock. Very possible.

I haven't talked shit, I just state the facts like I always have and how it happened. You sir are the one biased asshole that thinks other cars cant beat certain cars, but then a Maxima can!

WOOHOO!
You state BS and have been caught many times on other forums. People on this forum are slow to catch on, but I assume they probably will.

Keep up the good work
Old 11-09-2002, 08:34 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Guess you missed the title of the forum?

I've never seen you post in 'Sanctioned Racing.' But you always bring up the track, in the wrong forum.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Bluto

I've never seen you post in 'Sanctioned Racing.' But you always bring up the track, in the wrong forum.
Anything can happen on the street. If you want to say car X is faster than car Y, the track is the place to do it. Also, at the track you get documented timeslips that you ran a certain time. I dont have problems when people post kills, just dont think you will beat everyone with that same car.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:54 PM
Old timer

Get a fucking clue that not everyone else has the same preference as you. A lot of us don't give a shit about your racetrack argument and just care about what actually happens on the street since that's what really matters to us.

That doesn't make us somehow "think we are great drivers." Stop putting words into our posts that aren't there just so you have something to argue about when there really is nothing to be said.

Old 11-10-2002, 12:08 AM
Banned

You state BS and have been caught many times on other forums. People on this forum are slow to catch on, but I assume they probably will.

Keep up the good work
Never been caught,. No one saw my races from these forums so how the hell do they even know? lol

"A Maxima that ran a 14.3 on street tires running a Auto Z from a roll and pulling barely a 1/2 car...sounds plausible to me. "

And per your quote above..a modded maxima that runs 14.3 on street tires without some parts of the interior can run or beat a Z. But why can't a modded CL-S with interior beat one?! And our mods create alot more hp than yours plus we have more hp and TQ to start with than that year Maxima. lol!
Old 11-10-2002, 12:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Get a fucking clue that not everyone else has the same preference as you. A lot of us don't give a shit about your racetrack argument and just care about what actually happens on the street since that's what really matters to us.

That doesn't make us somehow "think we are great drivers." Stop putting words into our posts that aren't there just so you have something to argue about when there really is nothing to be said.

Your a ricer and will never learn. Anything can happen on the street, but you cannot see that. Just cause it happens on the street doesnt mean its the gospel. Keep up the street racing, it will lead you to countless speeding tickets and possibly injury.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Never been caught,. No one saw my races from these forums so how the hell do they even know? lol

"A Maxima that ran a 14.3 on street tires running a Auto Z from a roll and pulling barely a 1/2 car...sounds plausible to me. "

And per your quote above..a modded maxima that runs 14.3 on street tires without some parts of the interior can run or beat a Z. But why can't a modded CL-S with interior beat one?! And our mods create alot more hp than yours plus we have more hp and TQ to start with than that year Maxima. lol!
I will refer anyone and everyone to do a search on either Clubsi or maxima.org to uncover the lies that you have told over the years. You have been called on it many times on various forums. YOU personally are the reason for "The Maxima is Gods Chariot" quote
Old 11-10-2002, 12:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Back on topic now:

The new Z is putting down ~240 RWHP and the a modded 6 speed is around that figure also. BUT the Z weighs roughly 200 lbs less than the CL-S and has a better CD. The 350Z has RWD, which is superior for performance also. Please tell me how why physics dont apply to this race?
Old 11-10-2002, 01:09 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by Bluto

Thank You! You can phuck up on the street and you can phuck up on the track. I race in a staight line and mostly stop light races. Whats the difference between going to the track and waiting for the tree, then waiting at traffic light for green? Think about that. You can have bad track conditions, weather, missed a shift, bogged, revlimiter, and a whole bunch of factors at a track. If i told you i raced from a stand still to about 110, what conditions rule out that, the other driver was phucked?

Maximized, like goldtypes and I stated, the auto z is slow for what it is. I don't recall nowhere, seeing the AUTO z in the low 14s. How hard is it to launch a car in AUTO? Answer that! You can brake torque, feather the throttle or whatever else but if your shit is stock and every damn company states you are at 14.7-14.8 how much time do you really think you can shave off of that. I don't like mag racing neither, but I use a few sources and compare data to get at least an average of cars performance. Furthermore I drove the new z in AUTO. Number don't mean shit because i can list a whole bunch of cars that produce numbers and have good weight distribution but are SLOW. Nissan over rates cars PERIOD. To the whole damn infiniti line to the maxs. Intake/headers on a cls, we put out the same numbers of a auto z. If the max on maxima.org runs 14.3 and alot of members here on our board with headers and intake run 14.3, what is so hard about beating a AUTO z? You believed the max story, why not ours?? Your contradicting yourself again. :P
Old 11-10-2002, 01:52 AM
Slice and dice

Hi folks, I'd like to put in my 2 cents. I was active on this board earlier, I was interested in buying a CL-S 6 speed. I test drove one, it's a very nice car. Pretty quick for a 4 seater.

However, I finally decided against the CL and bought a 350Z Touring, which I've put about 3200 miles on so far.

Given the same driver, the Z is faster than the CL. Not by a whole lot, but it's faster. With different drivers, on the street, the results could be swapped.

A lightly modded CL, ie. short of a SC or turbo will probably still lose to a well driven Z. I say this because of my belief that an intake, headers and exhaust do not add huge amounts of hp.

Physics still count for something.

Please note, the CL is very much a nice car. If I had the need for the 2 extra seats, I would seriously consider it.

An interesting question would be how the CL does against a Infinit G35C. Those two I think would compare much better.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:58 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by rouxeny
Hi folks, I'd like to put in my 2 cents. I was active on this board earlier, I was interested in buying a CL-S 6 speed. I test drove one, it's a very nice car. Pretty quick for a 4 seater.

However, I finally decided against the CL and bought a 350Z Touring, which I've put about 3200 miles on so far.

Given the same driver, the Z is faster than the CL. Not by a whole lot, but it's faster. With different drivers, on the street, the results could be swapped.

A lightly modded CL, ie. short of a SC or turbo will probably still lose to a well driven Z. I say this because of my belief that an intake, headers and exhaust do not add huge amounts of hp.

Please note, the CL is very much a nice car. If I had the need for the 2 extra seats, I would seriously consider it.

An interesting question would be how the CL does against a Infinit G35C. Those two I think would compare much better.
Nice honest opinion. That is welcomed!!! Did you get auto or 6speed.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:40 AM
Old timer

[BAnything can happen on the street, but you cannot see that. [/B]

That's what I just said to you, smartass. Why aren't you banned yet for being so ignorant?
Old 11-10-2002, 11:02 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by ThoroDredCLS
Nissan over rates cars PERIOD. To the whole damn infiniti line to the maxs. Intake/headers on a cls, we put out the same numbers of a auto z.
I dunno man...240whp from 287 crank. That's damn good for RWD, 16% loss is better than a lot of FWD cars.
Old 11-10-2002, 11:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Rouxeny: Thanks for the informed opinion.

I would just like to counter one thing you mentioned:

Actually, on the CLS, headers give a pretty large increase in power compared to most other cars. (25-30 wheel hp)

A I/H/P + tires 6 speed CLS should have a few more dyno HP than a 6 speed Z (stock). I think the race would basically be a drivers race. If the Z is modded, I think for now, short of a SC for the CLS, the Z wins hands down.

Modded Auto CLS (mine) vs. Auto Z should be a very good race too.

I really like the Z and it may be my next car. I was just staying my $.02
Old 11-10-2002, 11:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ThoroDredCLS
Thank You! You can phuck up on the street and you can phuck up on the track. I race in a staight line and mostly stop light races. Whats the difference between going to the track and waiting for the tree, then waiting at traffic light for green? Think about that. You can have bad track conditions, weather, missed a shift, bogged, revlimiter, and a whole bunch of factors at a track. If i told you i raced from a stand still to about 110, what conditions rule out that, the other driver was phucked?

Maximized, like goldtypes and I stated, the auto z is slow for what it is. I don't recall nowhere, seeing the AUTO z in the low 14s. How hard is it to launch a car in AUTO? Answer that! You can brake torque, feather the throttle or whatever else but if your shit is stock and every damn company states you are at 14.7-14.8 how much time do you really think you can shave off of that. I don't like mag racing neither, but I use a few sources and compare data to get at least an average of cars performance. Furthermore I drove the new z in AUTO. Number don't mean shit because i can list a whole bunch of cars that produce numbers and have good weight distribution but are SLOW. Nissan over rates cars PERIOD. To the whole damn infiniti line to the maxs. Intake/headers on a cls, we put out the same numbers of a auto z. If the max on maxima.org runs 14.3 and alot of members here on our board with headers and intake run 14.3, what is so hard about beating a AUTO z? You believed the max story, why not ours?? Your contradicting yourself again. :P
There is a big difference between the track and racing on the streets. If you dont see that, well then go to a well preped track.

Now, how does Nissan overrate the Z???? It dynos at 240 RWHP and that is what it should be putting down. Autos are easier to drive, especially from a roll. BUT obviously autos are somewhat hard to launch or we wouldnt be seeing bad 60' times. No one has taken an auto Z to the track and reported about it, so no one really knows what it runs. It should be a low 14s car with a good launch though.

I have never disbelieved the race the original poster said. I never called BS on the guy. I just pointed out that the Z's on the street are new and not fully broken in. Find me one Acura CL owner in a 6 speed that ran record times not broken in and only having the car for less than 3 months. If someone did that, they are one hell of a drag racer.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Banned

I will refer anyone and everyone to do a search on either Clubsi or maxima.org to uncover the lies that you have told over the years. You have been called on it many times on various forums. YOU personally are the reason for "The Maxima is Gods Chariot" quote
Like I said, I have never lied., My close local friends all know of my races and saw them. But see, you ASSUME I lied because its just unbelieveable!!! Umm but then when other Max guys do it, you believe them.

Go ahead, I don't care. You are just a stupid ass kid making yourself look worse and worse till finally you might get banned one of these days from this forum. How can they be lies when locals saw it, but idiots at clubsi and other places assume they are lies because THEY NEVER SAW IT since they are all over the country.

lol! No sir, your buddys at Maxima.org are the main reason gods chariot started not just me. I was once blinded like you are, and no longer have been.

See everyone, he is trying to toss the blame, but everyones sees him making gods chariot obviously is the Maxima. lol!
Old 11-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Senior Moderator

welcome back, you seem level headed, and so far your opinions are welcome ...but as one mentioned above the headers (primarily) and intake do add a significant increase in both HP and torque ,while the headers also serve to extend the torque curve dramtically...we have a dyno section, i suggest you take a look..welcome anytime...as soon, i expect there will be many 350Z Vs. CL-S threads, as more of these high volume performers are past the break in stage ...i personally look forward to my first run with one...came close the other day
Old 11-10-2002, 12:13 PM
Banned

Headers alone add 30 hp to our car, add intake, udp, exhaust, thats easily another 20.

With those mods our CL-S in auto will take a auto Z without a problem, 6spd will do the same against a 6spd Z. You don;t know alot about our cars since you haven't owned one.

Old 11-10-2002, 12:22 PM
Banned

For everyones info. I found this post at my350z.com.. All I can say is with Headers alone we will kill the Z.

350z Auto Dyno #'s...

Dyno results for the automatic
Heres my results from some dyno testing with my Automatic useing the tiptronic.

rwhp = 226 3rd gear ( tiptronic)
Tourqe = 214 3rd

rwhp = 214.6 4th gear ( tiptronic)
tourqe = 214.7 4th

So your losing around 21% with the automatic. I looked for some results on this site from a standard dyno but could not find any would like to see the difference in loss in auto vs standard. im thinking 1-2%. So if any of you standard owners have dynoed pls post your results.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...ight=auto+dyno
Old 11-10-2002, 12:28 PM
Suzuka Master

For everyones info. I found this post at my350z.com.. All I can say is with Headers alone we will kill the Z.

350z Auto Dyno #'s...

Dyno results for the automatic
Heres my results from some dyno testing with my Automatic useing the tiptronic.

rwhp = 226 3rd gear ( tiptronic)
Tourqe = 214 3rd

rwhp = 214.6 4th gear ( tiptronic)
tourqe = 214.7 4th

So your losing around 21% with the automatic. I looked for some results on this site from a standard dyno but could not find any would like to see the difference in loss in auto vs standard. im thinking 1-2%. So if any of you standard owners have dynoed pls post your results.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...ight=auto+dyno
What the stock auto Z is right around what a modded auto CL-S puts down. Dont forget to factor in that the CL-S is 200 lbs heavier
Old 11-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Banned

I am not talking about the races on video, which I proved you lied about before in the GTP post. I am talking about how you race so many cars and never lose. Anyone can do a search to find it. I just dont want to waste my time. Keep up with the BS, you have been caught on many other forums. This one will evenually see it.

BTW.....I dont think the Maxima is gods chariot. I dont plan on having next year. Any time I want to drive a superior car I can take a A8 or 330i for a cruise.

Am I dont posting anything in response to you on this thread
Umm me lied about the GTP races?! I NEVER FUCKING LIED in that thread. You were OWNED IN that thread like you are in this THREAD. The GTP owner now is a good friend of mine. You want to ask someone that knows my car. go to www.clubgp.com and ask DROD. He is a friend of the GTP I ran, and he has the same mods. He knows the races, and out of 10 RACES rolls, we were DEAD EVEN each damn time. When his belt was slipping is the only time I actually pulled on him. After he fixed the belt we had many other races which were all DEAD EVEN. Wow, I don't believe anyone actually posts losses. Anywhere. It's rare you see one. I have lost to cars, but haven't lost to any cars that are rated slower than me thats for sure.

You have already made yourself look like a ass. Good don't post, because everyone is sick of your BS lies on here.

Quick Reply: Yes!!! 350z....