Xephyr Polished CAI's For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2001, 12:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xephyr Polished CAI's For Sale

Fellow Acura CL Type S owners:

I have had dozens of replies regarding my CAI and pricing insturctions etc... I have considered the options and will agree to produce these for anyone that is interested. I will be posting a new web site that will start with the CAI and in the next weeks adding PIAA's, tires, rims etc... Im trying to register a domain name As far as specs and results of the CAI ... my GTECH has yet to arrive I will call tomorrow .. DYNO this Saturday. The pricing will be $105 for the polished aluminum CAI with clamps, and extension coupler. It will be $165 with a K&N RF-1007 filter (Trying to find a better price for filter) and $130 with a generic cone filter. In the interim please look to http://TypeS.50Megs.com for pictures and some sound clips of how it sounds installed. It is made of 4mm polished aircraft aluminum and will allow for an AEM Bypass filter on the same axis as the throttle bottle. I hope to include the bypass filters also.. Im just trying to get supplier pricing rather then retail ... Please respond to this forumn as to the general interest .. even if I have already communicated with you by phone or email

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Custom Chromed Aluminum Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Custom Aftermarket Paint Etching On Driver Door http://types.50megs.com/index.html
Old 01-22-2001, 02:11 AM
Banned

Also,

I'd love to hear some suggestion of what other products or information you would like to see. Now is the time to speak up

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Custom Chromed Aluminum Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Custom Aftermarket Paint Etching On Driver Door http://types.50megs.com/index.html
Old 01-22-2001, 02:34 AM
Drifting

I will for sure buy one, I would like it if you were to include the bypass though. Let me know as soon as I can purchase one.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Nose Mask/Mud Guards/Wheel locks/
Comptech Springs & Filter/PIAA 1969/20% Tint/Acura lettering removed/
12in Sub with AMP/Dynomated Trunk/Sub control under dash/
Clifford G4 Solaris Alarm
Old 01-22-2001, 02:41 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh yeah......the bypass would have to be mounted on a straight part, so if the intake is a one piece, you will need to cut it somewhere.

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 01-22-2001, 02:43 AM
Banned

Webtoker,

You should be able to purchase on Tues or Wednesday as my merchant account is being finalized such that I will be able to accept checks, and credit cards.. Turnaround time will be 1 Day for fabrication + 3 Days UPS Ground Shipping .. I am trying to get a few AEM bypass valves to prefit the intakes so it will be a cleaner install for you all

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 02:45 AM
Banned

TW1112,

According to AEM the bypass valve should be placed on the same axis as the throttle body. That means it should be placed prior to the bend of the down pipe. If I receive any contradictory information from AEM I will precut and fit the adapter.

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 02:47 AM
Safety Car

Wow...going into full business?? Careful, AEM eventually will get their CAI out.

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 01-22-2001, 02:50 AM
w.t.f., mate?

Would the CAIs void the warranty? I am dead-set on getting a CAI on soon.

Oh and is it hard to install? Should I hire a shop to put it in for me?

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! Quantum tint, hyper-white road lamps, and I just got a spoiler on baby!! Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector. Beautiful shine provided by Meguiar's Gold Wax. Shuttup, I know it's not Zaino

Former post count : Over 470
Old 01-22-2001, 02:53 AM
Safety Car

Intakes shouldn't void any warranties as long as the dealer cannot prove that the intake was the main part that caused any failure.

As for installing, they are pretty easy to install. The hardest part is taking the car apart

------------------
Tw1112
Old 01-22-2001, 02:54 AM
Pizdetz

I would definitely be interested in purchasing this.

------------------
Sundance Gold CL-S
Spoiler, Navi, mud guards, 35% tint, air horn, remote starter
Comptech springs & sways are next!
Old 01-22-2001, 02:54 AM
Safety Car

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xephyr2K:
TW1112,

According to AEM the bypass valve should be placed on the same axis as the throttle body. That means it should be placed prior to the bend of the down pipe. If I receive any contradictory information from AEM I will precut and fit the adapter.

</font>
Really??? Hmm....I should've read my instructions! I just read that it should be on a flat area...whoops

------------------
Tw1112
Old 01-22-2001, 02:59 AM
Banned

For all of us that are worried in regard to voiding our warranty's... The Magnusson-Moss Act protects the consumer from having our warranty work voided by stating: (paraphrase)
A manufacturer can not revoke warranty unless they can prove that the failure was directly caused by Non-OEM modification. Additionally, specifically referencing air filters, Warranty's can not be voided by air/oil filters by the manufacturer unless they provide the at no cost. Again, Im not an attorney but this should not be a concern in any area other then hydro-lock.. where the AEM bypass filters warranty/guaruntee takes precedence if it should occur.

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 03:06 AM
Safety Car

Yeah...how would you know if the bypass is working?? I have it on and I wonder all the time about that.

Also, if you are going to cut the pipe, what do you use to cut it? Any preperations/cautions?

------------------
Tw1112
Old 01-22-2001, 03:13 AM
Banned

TW1112,

One way to test this if you are brave is to drive through 16" of standing water LOL... Another less traumatic way would be to unbolt your intake and filter...submerge the filter in a 5 gallon bucket of water and connect a "wet-dry shop vac" to the other. Flip the switch and see how much water comes though the induction pipe I actually will do this soon.

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 03:17 AM
Safety Car

THATS A GREAT IDEA! tell me what happens! I have taken my intake on and off so many times since I have gotten it, I am trying to go a week or two without having to tamper with it...

------------------
Tw1112
Old 01-22-2001, 03:21 AM
10th Gear

Xephr--definitely interested in buying the CAI---with bypass valve...is shipping a problem? I'm out in Boston, MA.

Keep us updated!!

------------------
2001 CL-S w/ Nav. Silver, V1 installed, comptech springs / koni shocks, comptech exhaust. PIAA 19169 / Solaris 6005.
Future - AEM CAI soon w/bypass valve, comptech headers soon. Brembos, and pirelli P7000s.
Old 01-22-2001, 03:22 AM
Banned

TW1112,

Not that I am complaining but in your sig you have listed an AEM intake... Why interest in mine? Again , not that I'm complaining !!! LOL

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 03:40 AM
Safety Car

TW1112,

Not that I am complaining but in your sig you have listed an AEM intake... Why interest in mine? Again , not that I'm complaining !!! LOL

</font>
Im interested because when I was shopping for my intake, I was considering building my own and I am astonished by your custom intake. IMO for the money that you are asking, that is a great intake..looks awesome! Asking a lot of questions because the questions asked deal with my intake too. I will stop if you would like though.

------------------
Tw1112
Old 01-22-2001, 04:22 AM
Banned

TW1112,

Ask any question that strike you Thanks so much for your interest and compliments on my CAI! The one thing that I'm trying to do is keep the cost as low as I can ... mostly because I am so annoyed and irritated about the prices that most vendors are asking... Mind you I understand the R&D costs associated with new products but we are still being gouged especially when most new products are built on existing platforms.... Intakes $300+ I built one for my friends 2000 528i BMW and he loves it Looks great and DINAN (Their equivalent to Comptech) wants $500 for an asethetically horrible CAI. Somehow I think that Vendors would make much more $$ if they priced lower and could get higher volumes ... but thats just me... I love that Comptech is making Headers for our car and Im sure that the price will continue to drop ... but im looking into the cost of having intakes machined for our cars and seeing the actual diff. in cost and overall quality of performance... In my opinion 1 or 2 horses would not justify hundreds of dollars for the everyday "street-racer"... eventually yes every pony counts but I think for the most of us minimal power differences dont justify huge price diffs... My original goal was to price it at %50 of AEM ... still trying to shave off the dollars ..... Ill do my best guys Thanks for your support and encouragement ... Ive had scores of replies, emails and phone conversations w/many of you

Xephyr/Chris

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 04:50 AM
Intermediate

hey Xephyr2K,

can you please let me know when your CAI will be available for sale. I am really interested in purchasing one from you. The prices on the market are funny!!

------------------
2001 Type-S, Silver, Nav,
Old 01-22-2001, 11:21 AM
Racer

Hey Xephyr2K,
I'm definitely interested, but I was wondering if you were willing to install the intake too, especially since I'm not that far from you and I would be able to drive down to your place. let me know, thanks..

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
No Mods yet
Getting V-AFC soon
Old 01-22-2001, 11:27 AM
Banned

cls16,

No problem, I am finalizing my suppliers today and trying to whittle down the prices on the bypass filters. Since you are local. anyone else that is too .... If you make the trip down I will do the install for you

Xephyr/Chris

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 11:31 AM
Racer

cls16,

No problem, I am finalizing my suppliers today and trying to whittle down the prices on the bypass filters. Since you are local. anyone else that is too .... If you make the trip down I will do the install for you

Xephyr/Chris

</font>

Great! Just keep me updated.

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
No Mods yet
Getting V-AFC soon
Old 01-22-2001, 03:13 PM
Advanced

Xephyr,
I like the CAI a lot. And for $165 i like it even more. How much of hp increase do you expect to get from it?

Also i think you may have been asked this question before, but where did you find that awesome dash/trim treatment? I'd love to do something similar to mine, but maybe in a darker wood color. If you bought it at an aftermarket shop could you pass along the name and contact info?

I'd greatly appreciate it. And your car looks fantastic! Gotta be ZainoBros.

------------------
Bullet-TypeS
Old 01-23-2001, 01:28 AM
Banned

Gtech times tomorrow!!!!!

------------------
Old 01-23-2001, 12:06 PM
Banned

Ladies/Gents:

Well this morning on my way to work I did a few 0-60 runs with the Xephyr Polished CAI ... And the preliminary runs were very encouraging.. Either my car is extraordinarily fats or this intake is incredible ...or GTECH is wayyyy off..... BUT here is the situation:

I work out in the boonies so I go down a long farm road the back way to work. The road is twisty however there is a length just under a 1/4 mile that is flat, straight, and seems very level. There are cut down corn fields on both sides so I can see if and police cars are in route... The outside temperature was 22 degrees farenheit. My first run was in D4 VSA off. Tuned the GTECh to 0, made sure it was straight... waited for the "Go" and here are the outcomes....

1) 6.22 Sec. (Yesterday, 19 deg farenheit, VSA off, SS, mild wheel spin)

2) 6.68 Sec. (Yesterday, same as above but massive wheel spin)

3) 6.05 Sec. (Today, 22 deg farenheit, VSA Off, D4, slight spin)

4) 6.10 Sec. (Today, Same as #2, little more spin)

5) 6.08 Sec. (Today, Same as #2 & #3, nice clean launch, spinning but accelerating)

The runs yesterday were done with about 3/4 tank of gas, the runs today were with just over 1/4 tank of gas. Today's were +/- .03 consistently in both directions on the same street. I thought that might help if there was som pitch to the road if I ran both ways.. So please hit me with some follow-up of what others have had with their CAI's. I'm completely stock aside from the CAI and some bulb upgrades.

So is my car that fast...? Is my Intake that good? Or is GTECH off....? I still feel I can get a better launch but...will have to wait till tonight to try and do some 1/4's and HP #'s .....

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Custom Chromed Aluminum Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, 0-60 Best Time 6.05 GTECHhttp://types.50megs.com/index.html
Old 01-23-2001, 03:07 PM
Banned

Those are some nice runs and nice looking times. I am definitely interested and the price is looking better and better all the time.

How hard will the install be and what all does it entail? I would like to do it myself so I could save the $$$ from labor.

Let me know, and let me know when I can order one from you. Really looking forward to it. Sounds awesome too!!!!!! Great work!

avengerjr@acura-cl.com

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 35% tint[*] fenderwell trim , mud guards[*] winter floor mats , full nose mask
Old 01-23-2001, 11:27 PM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

i'm interested as well-but i gotta wait until your 'water test' with the shop vac!! it floods a few times a year in houston!

have you considered a way to have both a CAI and a short version?? that way i could remove the CAI pipe when the weather is really bad, and not worry--i know that you can do this with some brand-name intakes

BTW-nice car!!!! i wanted black sooooo bad, but i just couldn't keep my last one clean (gravel/mud/birdshit at work and home parking lots). this is my third silver car-definately the easiest color to take care of
Old 01-24-2001, 02:02 AM
w.t.f., mate?

Hurry up and get the dang-darned things in production, I wanna order.

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! Quantum tint, hyper-white road lamps, and I just got a spoiler on baby!! Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector. Beautiful shine provided by Meguiar's Gold Wax. Shuttup, I know it's not Zaino Getting a red Acura badge very shortly.

Former post count : Over 492!
Old 01-24-2001, 02:19 AM
Instructor

Is it smog legal in Clifornia?

I would hate to have to take it off everytime I have to get a smog check!!

------------------
2001 CL-P Emerald/Parchment
Old 01-24-2001, 02:24 AM
Safety Car

Great runs Xephyr2K!

mattldm: Aren't smog checks done once a couple of years now? I mean can't you just pay more and only have to take the car in like once every 5 years or so? I have no idea..I heard that somewhere. Oh and they shouldn't be that hard to take off..

------------------
Tw1112
Old 01-24-2001, 02:35 AM
Instructor

You get an exemption for a certain amount of time when the car is new. After that it is every 2 years, no way around it!

It probably wouldnt be a big deal to change it every two years but it would be nice to not have to. It is also a big selling point to say that it is "50 State Smog Legal!"

------------------
2001 CL-P Emerald/Parchment
Old 01-24-2001, 04:04 PM
7th Gear

Zephyr,

i'm interested as well! after the water-suck test results!

Lance
Old 01-24-2001, 04:07 PM
7th Gear

oops sorry,

Xephyr not Zephyr
Old 01-24-2001, 05:22 PM
Adult Supervision

So is my car that fast...? Is my Intake that good? Or is GTECH off....?

</font>
It must be the PIAA's... I have the '69's, maybe I need to get the yellows!

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, Road Salt Finish by Mass DOT, only 1 scratched rim
Old 01-24-2001, 09:56 PM
Racer

Xephyr2K,

I'm ready for this CAI. When can you get it to me in Miami,FL. You told me in your e-mail that you are putting up a web site. Is it up yet. Whats up, I want your CAI. By the way keep up the great work.

------------------
------------------
2001 Silver 3.2 CL-P
Tints, piaa road lamps, hyper white turning signals & backup lights, eyebrows
Old 01-24-2001, 10:08 PM
Pro

Xephyr,

Ever consider incorporating a velocity stack into the filter like AEM and RS Akimoto? This will allow for smoother air flow to the TB.

------------------
Frank
01-S White/Parchment
Comptech Sways & Springs
Old 01-25-2001, 02:45 PM
Banned

Bringing this thread back up to the top for all to see!

Xephyr2K,
What the news?!?! Hopefully you are working on trying to get ready for all these orders your going to have!!

Looking forward to hearing more about you CAI and answer some questions some people posted for ya!

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 35% tint[*] fenderwell trim , mud guards[*] winter floor mats , full nose mask
Old 01-25-2001, 02:47 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by avengerjr:
Bringing this thread back up to the top for all to see!

Xephyr2K,
What the news?!?! Hopefully you are working on trying to get ready for all these orders your going to have!!

Looking forward to hearing more about you CAI and answer some questions some people posted for ya!

</font>

Ya, my cash is in standby mode. I can't wait!!! ;-)

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Nose Mask/Mud Guards/Wheel locks/
Comptech Springs & Filter/PIAA 1969/20% Tint/Acura lettering removed/
12in Sub with AMP/Dynomated Trunk/Sub control under dash/
Clifford G4 Solaris Alarm
Old 01-25-2001, 11:52 PM
Banned

Well Everyone,

After way too much time and money spent setting up my suppliers, website, photos, etc.... We're READY!!!!! As of 9:30PM tonight my domain name of www.XephyrPerformance.com is still NOT ready However the accounts are set up, and the site is READY !! The shipping start date will be 1/31/01, Everyone who pre-orders will have their shipment sent that day ! I have not been posting much this week as I have been trying to set the accounts up, finalize arrangements with my suppliers, etc etc... The more of you that pre-order the less strain it will put on my budget as I have already invested quite a bit of time and money in this endeavor. So please all of you who can pre-order, do, these things will put me in the poor-house as I had to order quantities to keep the prices down. In all I am also now working with the same supplier/machine shops to prototype headers and sway bars for our beloved cars. I hope to be able to maintain a significant price advantage over Comptech/AEM, but as these will be higher dollar value items I'll really need to do my homework on the demand for these items. Enough stalling until my domain is processed by Network Solutions my e-Commerce site can be located at

http://64.177.148.124/

Please reply to the new thread I started called "Xephyr Performance CAI Online!!!" I really want all of your feedback and suggestions on the site. The site is SSL encyrpyted and PAYPAL enabled ensuring you against fraud. Realtime Chat is going to be up Saturday Night !!! So enjoy and help me to be able to launch this project with a bang!

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Custom Chromed Aluminum Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Type-S and CAI

Quick Reply: Xephyr Polished CAI's For Sale