Xephyr CL-S vs M3

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 12:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maddogtx:
I am Buddha'a friend and I do remember an instance where Buddha was right on my tail in one of the races. Not to deny buddha credit, but I bogged. Also, when my clutch was in the slip stage buddha had me in one run by a car. There's no doubt that the CL-S will hang with the M3 after the launch, but the M3 will pull on the CL-S after the CL-S hits 4th gear. I recently learned how to really launch my M well so if I get a good launch I don't think buddha will catch me. I can consistently take a s2000 by 2+ cars (which were my latest runs). On the flip side, I got took by a supercharged s2000 & APR S4 by 2+ cars. Now I wish Buddha could get the headers and exhaust so we can run more, but I think he's going for a 540 in a year or so.

</font>
Like I said, no contest. I'd ike to try with better tires and headers. But I think I have better things to waste my money on. PLus I think with headers the torque steer is going to be incredible.

Old 04-25-2001, 12:28 PM
on bin laden

not to drag this topic out any longer, but do you guys seriously race past 3rd gear (~110mph) ??? didn't we all learn from the honda accord meets 16 camaro's at a dealership ???

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maddogtx:
I am Buddha'a friend and I do remember an instance where Buddha was right on my tail in one of the races. Not to deny buddha credit, but I bogged. Also, when my clutch was in the slip stage buddha had me in one run by a car. There's no doubt that the CL-S will hang with the M3 after the launch, but the M3 will pull on the CL-S after the CL-S hits 4th gear. I recently learned how to really launch my M well so if I get a good launch I don't think buddha will catch me. I can consistently take a s2000 by 2+ cars (which were my latest runs). On the flip side, I got took by a supercharged s2000 & APR S4 by 2+ cars. Now I wish Buddha could get the headers and exhaust so we can run more, but I think he's going for a 540 in a year or so.

</font>

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Eibach Pro-Kit (Waiting to be installed)
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19169 Road Lamps
*Rockford 500a2 [FOR SALE]
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2) [FOR SALE]
*77237-SOK-A02
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 04-25-2001, 12:44 PM
Banned

Eclipse23:

You dumb shit, who the hell said anything about a CLS being inferior to the M3???? This is all about Xypher vs Tom2 and doesn't include ALL the Acura family vs. the BMW family. Acuras are great cars within their own reason as are BMWs. They are equivilent in value if you look at the performance you get for both cars w/ accessories. Lets just keep this between Tom2 and Xypher and stop trying to bleed over to the whole family of cars. I come to this forum because I like Acuras and I don't talk BS about them. How about this for some midnight thinking Eclipse23, "can a person like more than one car?!?!??!". People like you piss me off when you think its your damn forum, keep the focus on whats really going on and not on your own opinions of whats going on.

You guys are trying to turn this into BMW vs Acura war, which it didn't even start as. It started as one guy BSing about HIS car and another challenging him to prove it on the track. Also, a "beamer"/"beemer" is a BMW bike, a "bimmer" is a BMW car.

As for Xypher, you loser, give that poor guy his check. You post about 5 times already to this post and as soon as the guy asked for his check, you disappeared! No one likes people who rip people off, no matter what they think they are. I would never order from this guy even if he was giving me 1/2 off! I would be afraid that I won't get my part until christmas.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eclipse23:
***THIS IS POSTED TWICE ON THIS BOARD APPEARING ON ANOTHER THREAD AS WELL***

These M3 guys are really starting to piss me off. I am detecting an identity crisis here, what else could it be. This is like the Corvette guys talking to the Camaro guys telling them how much faster their car is I am really happy that according the specs an M3 is faster, I would hope so for 50K less in my pocket. Now, a CLS with $1,800 worth of mods giving one a run for it's money, that's great and really shows how good the CLS motor is. Considering I saved $16k I would be happy if strait line racing is all I cared about and now I can whip a more expensive car.
BUT, you know what?

It's still not a BMW, it's still not an M3. M3's are beautiful cars, hopefully my next car will be one. Hopefully when I buy one I will not have the need to troll car forums where I challenge cars 0-60 that are almost 20K less than my ride. Hopefully I will troll the S4 boards or the Porsche and Corvette boards where the real challenges exist. This trolling by the beamer boys is sad, do you need me to give you guys a hug and reassure your inner child that your car is nicer?

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com
Forums are now open at www.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Old 04-25-2001, 12:47 PM
Banned

I think what Tom2 was trying to say was that the driver was NOT capable of getting the car under 15 sec. Hell, if you put a rookie driver behind an M3, they might get 16s!! I know the CLS is capable of 14s and I don't think thats what he meant by that comment.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stravis:

I think we're clear on the CL-S running 14's now so all this other bravado is unnecessary.
</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Old 04-25-2001, 01:04 PM
foolio at heart

I personally think that a lot of people would like to see this race happen. I don't see it as a challenge to cls in particular but a challenge to xephyr himself. just my .02 cents.
Old 04-25-2001, 01:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
M3Sins:
I have to give you credit one one thing, I did generalize all the M3 guys in here when the reality is my beef is more with the trash talkers. Reviewing your input into this whole mess as well as my own, don't take my comments personally. Your probably one of the only M3 guys who is not pushing the car in our faces so take my apology for what it is. Now saying that, let's get back to talking about how great my CLS is and how ok your M3 is.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Founding Member of the NO SCRATCHED RIMS CLUB

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 04-25-2001, 01:25 PM
Banned

Well I can't argue with you there. No need to apologize. Just that people sometimes start calling others troll because they don't like to hear what the other car is capable of. I know both cars are great and know what each are capable of in their own respectful ways. Anyways, your right, lets get back to talking about how great my M3 is and how ok your CLS is..hehe, just kidding

M3Sins:
....Now saying that, let's get back to talking about how great my CLS is and how ok your M3 is...

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Old 04-25-2001, 01:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by M3Sins:
Well I can't argue with you there. No need to apologize. Just that people sometimes start calling others troll because they don't like to hear what the other car is capable of. I know both cars are great and know what each are capable of in their own respectful ways. Anyways, your right, lets get back to talking about how great my M3 is and how ok your CLS is..hehe, just kidding

</font>

OK TROLL

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 04-25-2001, 01:28 PM
Advanced

I think what Tom2 was trying to say was that the driver was NOT capable of getting the car under 15 sec. Hell, if you put a rookie driver behind an M3, they might get 16s!! I know the CLS is capable of 14s and I don't think thats what he meant by that comment.
</font>
A unskilled driver is going to have an easier time getting a fast run with a auto vs stick. Although there are techniques to get a better launch, there's really not much to mashing the gas... I would understand if someone refuted the times of a manual car, because you have to get your shifts right.
Old 04-25-2001, 01:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tom2:
Gold- You're not credible at all, so don't even get me started.
</font>
oh okay... as long as you explain it very clearly like that with well thought out opinions and proof

You are a borderline Troll at best, Tom.

[This message has been edited by GoldTypeS (edited 04-25-2001).]
Old 04-25-2001, 02:26 PM
Drifting

When is a moderator going to lock this thread?

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 04-25-2001, 03:19 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
If you weren't trying to make the CL-S look bad, why did you post the following:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tom2:
MANY guys here driving a CL-S could not run under 15 seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted that because it's the truth. It doesn't make the car look bad. Face it, the CL-S is a car that runs around the 15 second mark without mods. Some ran a little bit better than 15.0 and some ran a little bit slower that 15.0 So what?

You guys really need to accept that, not think that it's putting the car down.

------------------
dead CL-S and M3
Old 04-25-2001, 03:22 PM
Unregistered Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoldTypeS:
oh okay... as long as you explain it very clearly like that with well thought out opinions and proof

You are a borderline Troll at best, Tom.

[This message has been edited by GoldTypeS (edited 04-25-2001).]
</font>
Gold,

You want me to waste my time digging up quotes and explaining? Okay, I'll do that......Just as soon as you provide me proof as well. You don't even cite ANY examples, you just go off of a post from Xephyr with his stupid accusations.

You are at best a lame excuse for a moderator.

------------------
dead CL-S and M3
Old 04-25-2001, 03:26 PM
Unregistered Member

Xephyr,

Still no reply? Come on bud, I'm waiting for an answer.

Hell, if you're scared to do it for the free intakes, then I'll run ya just for the hell of it.

In an earlier post, you stated that you don't give your product away for free. Well, if you beat me, I'd be paying for them, so they wouldn't be free as far as your concerned. But like I said, forget the intakes and let's just get this race going.

I think we should meet at Englishtown and do it officially on the strip.

------------------
dead CL-S and M3
Old 04-25-2001, 03:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Tom,

Can you stop posting how great your M3 beats a CLS? It is obvious and boring at this point. All of us CLS drivers expect an M3 to beat us mmmmmmmmkay?

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 04-25-2001, 03:48 PM
Unregistered Member

Tom,

Can you stop posting how great your M3 beats a CLS? It is obvious and boring at this point. All of us CLS drivers expect an M3 to beat us mmmmmmmmkay?

</font>
It's obvious? Not really. There are still a shit load of guys here that claim that they can beat an M3 or at the very least hang with an M3.

All I'm saying to those guys is PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

------------------
dead CL-S and M3
Old 04-25-2001, 03:55 PM
Advanced

I will place my $20 on Tom2's car. My guess, it will be close race.
Old 04-25-2001, 03:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

It's obvious? Not really. There are still a shit load of guys here that claim that they can beat an M3 or at the very least hang with an M3.

All I'm saying to those guys is PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

</font>

Congratulations your point is made can you drop it now?

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 04-25-2001, 04:00 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If am correct the M3 has Pilot Sport as stock tires, CLS has the MXM4 All season touring tires. That is enough to shift the balance to the M3.

I would also love to see at the track a CLS stock Vs CLS (with Toyo T1-S). My best guess is that the CLS with upgraded UHP tires, the Toyo CLS, will win with 0.5 sec consistently, assuming both are launched similarly.

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S, NAV.
- 3M clear bra, by Stonguard (full front bumper, and side mirrors, and partial hood)
- Acura Spoiler, Moonroof visor
- Splash guards, Winter mats, Trunk liner
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator
- HELMS Service Manual
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI
- 04/13/01: 235/40/18 NITTO 555 on 18x7.5, +45 offset, Koing Imagine in Silver with wheels locks

[This message has been edited by Nashua_Night_Hawk (edited 04-25-2001).]
Old 04-25-2001, 04:01 PM
Safety Car

I think we should meet at Englishtown and do it officially on the strip.

</font>
Tom,
I have not participated in this thread yet, but I have been reading through all of this and fail to see the point. I, along with most people, believe M3 stock to be quicker than CLS stock or CLS w/CAI; even if M3 has a half decent driver and CLS is being driven by a pro-racer.
Even if you take the worst car mag test for the M3 and the best time for the CLS 0-60 and 1/4, M3 is still faster. I think you know that, Xypher knows that, and almost everyone else knows that. So if you guys do a run at the track, what exactly will that accomplish?, besides much needed entertainment for us all at the forum
I mean if guys want to compare driver abilities, then go ahead run CLS vs CLS, but running a sports coupe vs a luxo-coupe is a little not fair, even IF CLS is a capable luxo-coupe. The race will be interesting to see, but somewhat one-sided.

Magazine racer signing off

------------------
---------------------
'01 CLS Satin Silver w/Black, Navi-less, spoiler,
Tint 15%, Polarqs M6s, Desired Mods: 18" Wheels/tires, Springs/Sways, CAI, subwoofer.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...513&a=12224080
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
Old 04-25-2001, 04:12 PM
Racer

so when's the race?

------------------
'01 cl-s blk/blk :: comptech headers, comptech springs, comptech sway bars
Old 04-25-2001, 04:19 PM
foolio at heart

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by so cal type s:
so when's the race?

</font>
That's what I've been waiting for.
Old 04-25-2001, 04:20 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blxmjx:
That's what I've been waiting for.</font>
i bet you 10 bucks on tom.

------------------
'01 cl-s blk/blk :: comptech headers, comptech springs, comptech sway bars
Old 04-25-2001, 04:32 PM
Banned

Xypher isn't going to respond. He has a question open from a customer about his refund. That little chicken shit isn't going to respond to this topic again. If he does, he isn't going to talk about that refund that the poor guys been waiting for for a month or so.

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Old 04-25-2001, 04:35 PM
foolio at heart

It depends on when the race is. I know xephyr has some stuff planned for his car. That's why he doesn't want to do it too soon.
If they raced right now Tom would definitely smoke him (IMHO). But down the road it would definitely be an interesting race.

I personally think xephyr is stalling. It's like you challenging me to a fist fight and me telling you to wait a couple of months so that I can train to become a black belt in kung fu.

It basically looks like a challenge, the answer is a "yes or a no".
Old 04-25-2001, 04:38 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

My CL-S can take ANY, repeat, ANY Hyundai out there. And to make it even more interesting, make that any Daewoo as well! I'm too old for this crap. I don't even race magazines, just bikes.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 04-25-2001, 04:41 PM
foolio at heart

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
My CL-S can take ANY, repeat, ANY Hyundai out there. And to make it even more interesting, make that any Daewoo as well! I'm too old for this crap. I don't even race magazines, just bikes.

</font>
Betcha, can't beat this hyundai
http://www.carenthusiast.co.uk/news2509/hyundai2.htm
Old 04-25-2001, 04:42 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blxmjx:
Betcha, can't beat this hyundai
http://www.carenthusiast.co.uk/news2509/hyundai2.htm
</font>
Well, okay .... MOST Hyundai's!

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 04-25-2001, 04:59 PM
foolio at heart

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
Well, okay .... MOST Hyundai's!

</font>
Hey, at least you'd be losing in style.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:29 PM
Banned

Xypher isn't going to respond. He has a question open from a customer about his refund. That little chicken shit isn't going to respond to this topic again. If he does, he isn't going to talk about that refund that the poor guys been waiting for for a month or so.

</font>
Alright you made your point about how you feel about Chris/Xephyr, now drop it.

We do not allow member bashing, so keep your comments off the board from now on. Take to email if you must state something derogatory about or to a member.

Don't speak for another member of the forum, goodjob is a big boy and can make decisions and speak for himself. He has made his point many times, and left it at that - the facts, and not stated any negative remarks about Chris/Xephyr.

This goes for everybody on the board, not just you. I have stated this before when we have had member bashing.

This is just a friendly reminder.

Thank you,
Management

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 20% tint , fenderwell trim[*] mud guards , winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI
Old 04-25-2001, 05:38 PM
Banned

I see you have a Xephyr CAI. Hmmm...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by avengerjr:
Alright you made your point about how you feel about Chris/Xephyr, now drop it.

We do not allow member bashing, so keep your comments off the board from now on. Take to email if you must state something derogatory about or to a member.

Don't speak for another member of the forum, goodjob is a big boy and can make decisions and speak for himself. He has made his point many times, and left it at that - the facts, and not stated any negative remarks about Chris/Xephyr.

This goes for everybody on the board, not just you. I have stated this before when we have had member bashing.

This is just a friendly reminder.

Thank you,
Management

</font>
------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech

[This message has been edited by M3Sins (edited 04-25-2001).]
Old 04-25-2001, 05:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

</font>
Come on man, you know member bashing is not allowed period. Weren't you the one who stuck his nose into this issue yet you told me to keep mine out of the Tom2/Xephyr issue? "Dont make this a board issue". Trust me I'm not starting with you, just bringing up a point.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 04-25-2001, 05:45 PM
Banned

</font>
And what do that mean, do you think that I am playing favorites. No.

I waited just a long as everybody, just that I didn't have to bitch and whine or let alone have someone else speak up for me.

So that being said, if you don't believe me do a search, you will see what I am talking about and just about everyone here knows that.

Alright, that being taken out of the equation, just kindly review what I stated, because I am sure that when you signed up you did read all the rules and regulations for posting here, didn't you? If not here they are:
http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/Ulti...i?action=agree

Paragraph 2 is the one in which I am referring.

Thank you.

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 20% tint , fenderwell trim[*] mud guards , winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI
Old 04-25-2001, 05:57 PM
Banned

I didn't say nothing more than "I see you have a Xephyr CAI. Hmmm..." Take it any way you want thats up to you.

Anyways, regarding the agreement. I admit, I didn't read it. Nor did 99% of the other people. Ok, you got your point across. No more Xypher bashing, I'll let someone else do it instead and keep my nose out. Why do people get so pissed so easy? Calm down, don't take it out on a law abiding citizen

EDIT:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB."

That is also in the agreement. Gotta keep on top of it, seen it go past that too many times... You can thank me later for pointing that one clause out.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by avengerjr:
And what do that mean, do you think that I am playing favorites. No.

I waited just a long as everybody, just that I didn't have to bitch and whine or let alone have someone else speak up for me.

So that being said, if you don't believe me do a search, you will see what I am talking about and just about everyone here knows that.

Alright, that being taken out of the equation, just kindly review what I stated, because I am sure that when you signed up you did read all the rules and regulations for posting here, didn't you? If not here they are:
http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/Ulti...i?action=agree

Paragraph 2 is the one in which I am referring.

Thank you.

</font>
------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech

[This message has been edited by M3Sins (edited 04-25-2001).]
Old 04-25-2001, 06:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ok.. now that thats over... lets race 5/4 englishtown nj

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X8 Competition Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 04-25-2001, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
This topic isn't productive anymore.
Post a new topic if/when you guys race an m3 and a cls.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech:Headers, Springs & Sways
AEM CAI
Toyo T1S Proxys 235/45/17
SSR Competition wheels 17x8
35% Llumar metallic tint
My Car

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 04-25-2001).]