WTF 6 speed clutches and Comptech flywheel - clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003 | 05:56 PM
Suzuka Master

okay, sorry for your misfortune... did not mean to bring it up.. just looking for some insight..

Eric (Types1967) has had the C/T package on his car for well over 7K and has not had an issue.. My first thought of all this points the finger at the mechanic Migel... but that is just my .02.... since he put 2 packages in and had 2 failures...
Old 10-16-2003 | 06:01 PM
Spectacular Aroma About

Originally posted by allmotor_2000
Acura has placed 2 calls / day to Comptech and have received no response... SO... no loaner... no nothing... I am PISSED I couldn't call them today... will find out tomorrow! This is absurd.

Acura SAID they used the tool on my car... although I don't quite believe them cuz I went into their shop and saw the tool personally... it looks quite new to me and unused!

However... I can't dispute that - I think they want to blame it on a product issue.

IF they used the tool on my car... then it has to be something else!

More to come...
Man what a bone job! Did you get to talk to the tech and get an idea if he knew about the tool? It's hard to dispute if they have it there I guess but what else could it be? Did you tell them about the problem before they showed you the tool? Would they have had enough time to get it to cover their ass before you got there? Are there any trouble free Comptech Flywheel installations? Sorry so many questions but I was really interested in doing this mod down the road.
Old 10-16-2003 | 07:53 PM
Safety Car

He (they) seemed very eager to tell me the 'used the tool' - my concern is that when I had them install it... I specifically requested the use of the tool and ASKED him (the tech... Momo... Miguel is the service advisor) if he used it. He said yes... but from what he pointed to... it appeared to be the clutch alignment tool. Now... I can't be sure. If they said they used it... I can't dispute that. The tool was there when I dropped the car off Monday. Now... I can't find out when they purchased it or received it... not privy to that kind of info!

The other car doesn't have the same issue - it has some sort of vibration when the clutch is depressed. Now... that seems like a balance-problem. If the motor is inherently 'unbalanced' somewhat... the ultra-light flywheel is not going to dampen any of that. When the clutch is depressed... nothing in the tranny is driven... when the clutch is let go... a portion of the tranny is spinning as well.

I will call them tomorrow... and seek some sort of resolution.

WORST case is I give them the stock flywheel and have them put a new clutch/pressure-plate on - with me paying for it!
Old 10-17-2003 | 04:53 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

Damn I hope I never have to take my car to a dealer. It's just so hard to tell what exactly was done unless you do it yourself. Any word from Comptech? The tool looks like an oversized clutch alignment tool but there is also a large bracket that bolts to the bell housing to allow you to compress the pressure plate springs.