Wrote my letter to Honda....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 12:54 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrote my letter to Honda....

Well....I have had enough of my lemon CL-S.. I just sent my letters to the President and Vice-President of Honda Canada.
I also attached 8 pages worth of "service records" - or problems I have had with the car since I took delivery...

I paid an arm and a leg for this car and all I got was a lemon which had just about everything go wrong with it. From 2 tranny replacements, to fuel system problems, brakes, ball-joints, actuator, you name it.. the people at my dealership know me on a first name basis and I have had enough...

In my letter, I basically listed all the problems that I have had and expressed my disappointment with the product they have sold me. It is a shame that a car company with multiple reliability awards could sell me such a product (and at a $30K cost! )

I am basically asking for either a new vehicle, or to void my lease and refund my downpayment...

I am now eagerly awaiting response from them.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does Canda have a Lemon Law?
Old 02-11-2002, 01:05 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I haven't checked with my lawyers yet... I would suspect that we probably do...

I don't even think it is a matter of a lemon law here, it is just that this car is probably the worst in quality then any other car I have owned... I had a 90 Civic Si which NEVER went into the shop....

How could Soooo many things go wrong with a 2001 luxury model with under 30,000miles? While some of my problems are common with others on this board (Tranny, Actuator, brakes)... the car still runs very rough, makes all kinds of noises, and frankly I don't enjoy driving it anymore due to the fear that it feels like its gonna break down.. It is a QA issue for sure...

Another thing is that I leased my CL-S... Technically, the car belongs to Honda Canada Finance... it is not even my car and I don't want to worry about it..
Old 02-11-2002, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Wrote my letter to Honda....

Originally posted by ruvz
or to void my lease and refund my downpayment

Trying to get that 350Z aren't ya

Hope everything goes well with Acura Corporate.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:08 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Re: Re: Wrote my letter to Honda....

Originally posted by bioyuki

Trying to get that 350Z aren't ya

Hope everything goes well with Acura Corporate.
I got the 350Z on order, but it is most likely going to be my brother's... :P
Old 02-11-2002, 03:15 PM
Intermediate

what's bro, I know how you feel. i've had the same problems but not to your extent. I've had my tranny service twice and the 2nd time they replaced it. I've had my rotors resurface three times, water leak inside the driver side pillar(somwhere in the ceiling), and just had my headlights re-placed due to moisture. and no I didn't clear my headlights. I'm all stock. I have 27,500 in my car and I too am leasing. I've filed a complaint to Acura's Customer service and they have opened a file. Basically I'm asking what you're asking. New car or end my lease early without penalty. So hopefully everything works out for both of us. keep me posted, I'll do the same

2001 Blk-Cl Type S
Comptech drop in
Polarg M6
Tranny failure and warped rotors WTF!!!!!
Old 02-11-2002, 03:35 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by bdavid13
what's bro, I know how you feel. i've had the same problems but not to your extent. I've had my tranny service twice and the 2nd time they replaced it. I've had my rotors resurface three times, water leak inside the driver side pillar(somwhere in the ceiling), and just had my headlights re-placed due to moisture. and no I didn't clear my headlights. I'm all stock. I have 27,500 in my car and I too am leasing. I've filed a complaint to Acura's Customer service and they have opened a file. Basically I'm asking what you're asking. New car or end my lease early without penalty. So hopefully everything works out for both of us. keep me posted, I'll do the same

2001 Blk-Cl Type S
Comptech drop in
Polarg M6
Tranny failure and warped rotors WTF!!!!!
How fast did you get a response from them?
Old 02-11-2002, 06:55 PM
Banned

Jeezus... sounds like you guys had a lot of problems. Almost makes you want to buy a Chevy... almost
Old 02-11-2002, 06:59 PM
What can I get ya?

Re: Re: Re: Wrote my letter to Honda....

Originally posted by ruvz

I got the 350Z on order, but it is most likely going to be my brother's... :P
I am getting one, but not for another year after my car is paid off. Can I drive yours?