Wrong CT Springs? Dealer insists they do not fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Manny Tranny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrong CT Springs? Dealer insists they do not fit

I dropped car off at dealer last night and they were suppose to install CT Springs and Sways (that I purchased online through Dean).

Dealer calls me earlier today and tells me the CT Springs don't fit. I got Dean on the phone and conferenced in the Dealer. We went through the obvious and Dean stated he never had this type of problem before.

Dean has confirmed the correct part number was on the box of CT Springs. It's either the dealer doesn't know how to install these or CT put the wrong parts in the box. Dean's doing his part and contacting CT to see if he can get someone there to contact the dealer.

Dealer wants me to pay for half the cost of the unistall and re-install of the original Springs which I couldn't argue.

The only good thing that came out of today was the CT sways are on and what a noticible difference. I seem to be hearing more rubber squealing as I make turns and take off going into a turn. Must be those CT sways holding down the CL!l
Old 07-29-2003, 05:54 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Strange, never heard of this before. What dealer is it? Maybe the MASS dealers are a bunch of Massholes.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:57 PM
Pro

did you check and make sure that they put them on the right parts of the car rear on the rear front on the front?
Old 07-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Spectacular Aroma About

I'll bet they mixed tehm up. The taller ones are for the rear and the shorter ones are for the front. If you read the load ratings it's easy to figure out. I thought mine were wrong until I discovered I was trying to put a rear spring on the front.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:18 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe they tried to put em in upside down

i had the fronts on the left side and the backs on the ride side of the car,

it looked pretty sweet
Old 07-30-2003, 04:25 AM
Manny Tranny

Thansk for the feedback!

All your comments were covered when Dean spoke to the Service Manager at the Dealership. I spoke to a tech when I went to picked up the car and he told me they couldn't get the spring to sit inside the housing. He told me it rested on top of the housing where it should be sitting inside the housing. This suggests the diameter of the Spring is too large.

I'm hoping Dean can get Comptech to give the dealer a call so he can talk to them. I have the Springs in my trunk at this point so any pointers (diameter of the Spring's... yada yada,) would help.

I love the feel of those CT Sways though. I hope the CT Springs add even more thrill to the ride (once they figure out the problem!!).