WOW, close calls w/ the Cops....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 09:08 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW, close calls w/ the Cops....

well...

last nite i was goin fast as fawk and i passed a cop goin well over 100 luckily he alredy pulled some one else over, lucky break for me

then tonite i was at a red light and i had i was gonna gun it to the usual 90ish then my cousin about a 1/3 mile ahead of me 2 wayed me and said theres a cop ahead hiding on the side of the road, another close one

i wondering now lets say i passes the cop at about 60ish goin WOT, by the time the cop reacts and starts to follow u think he can catch me??

i need the some smart peeps(eric L) to figure out the feet per sec rate or somethin

i gotta slow down man but its too hard to resist, i know i'm better off just slowin down and gettin a nasty ticket but what would u do?? i was thinkin of goin into a apartment complex or somewhere and just ditch the car over nite i dunno.

sorry for ramblin
Old 09-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Suzuka Master

English man, it's your friend.

Where were you speedin? Where was the cop hiding?

I don't know if he could catch you, but he'd certainly hit 140+ if he felt you were worth it. And he'd probably radio ahead and get you owned. Running is never worth it.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:19 PM
///M POWER

i know it aint worth it, i just dont dont know if he can catch me, i dunno how fast those big ford cop cars are
Old 09-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: WOW, close calls w/ the Cops....

Originally posted by darrinb
i wondering now lets say i passes the cop at about 60ish goin WOT, by the time the cop reacts and starts to follow u think he can catch me??

I guess it was a Ford Crown Victoria with 4.6L V-8 239HP engine.

Sure they will try to catch you. If they cant, they wil call an interceptor and sure you will be lickely to be subject to go to jail.

As soon as you know they saw you, just slow down and wait for him to pull over. You already lost.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:28 PM
///M POWER

ok, so he calls another cop, its not like theres another cop 1/4 mile down on the same street, the nearest cop might be 2-3 miles away
Old 09-12-2003, 11:44 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

dude!

Let me put it this way:
YOU CAN'T RUN FROM THE RADIO!!

In the past I have ran from cops(really dumb) and didn't get caught(luck).

Heres what I did. As soon as the cop saw me I knew he was gonna chase me. I turned off all my lights and after I got around the corner I took the first dirt road(don't haul too much ass - they can see fresh tracks if you gas it). Then drove down this dirt road for about 5-6 seconds and took the second driveway(someones home). The homeowners were not there and I turned around in their driveway. I hung out there for about 15 minutes then turned on my lights and cautiously drove my ass home.

I just got lucky that the cop thought I stayed on the main road.

I have more running-from-cops stories but don't feel like sharing them.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

I got 1 story when I was on a bike, and its very similar to AK_MOBBER. Dont even try bro
Old 09-13-2003, 12:25 AM
Racer

Shouldn't this be in the Ramblings Section?

Don't be stupid and try to run from the cop just cause you think you can.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:18 AM
A-CL Senior Member

AK_Mobber: Care to share my running from cop stories?
Old 09-13-2003, 03:45 AM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
Hah! Can't run from the coppers. If you're lucky like AK_MOBBER it's a fluke.
Think about it. They have radio, which will let other cops know instantly where you are and what your car looks like. Why take a chance thinking the next nearest cop is miles away? They travel in packs for this very same reason.
And what if they just happened to have an air unit flying at the time? Many police choppers now have FLIR cameras, which mean that you can hide in someone's driveway, but that bitch will see that your car is the only one that's hot - instantly given away. And don't forget asshole citizens that think they're doing the right thing and instead of minding their business will call 911 saying "I saw this nut running away from the cops, he turned left at xxxx, I think he's a drug dealer driving that Acura".

Like zamo said, as soon as they see you, game over. Id' take a $200 ticket over a week/month in jail any day.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:38 AM
Still trolling

Originally posted by AK_MOBBER
YOU CAN'T RUN FROM THE RADIO!!
Old 09-13-2003, 07:01 AM
Balla on a Budget

Originally posted by darrinb
i know it aint worth it, i just dont dont know if he can catch me, i dunno how fast those big ford cop cars are
U are kidding right?
Old 09-13-2003, 07:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
slow down before you kill someone
Old 09-13-2003, 09:11 AM
-S namyaC-

Running from the cops is pretty stupid. There are some exceptions, and rules if you ever want to try. Never, ever run if you see a helicopter out, or hell even if you have one in your area(we don't here...). Do not run in the city, esp at night. If you are out in the county, there is a good chance the next car is greater than 5 mins away, but also that the one guy there has nothing better to do than find you. Still, running is stupid. Better way is to know a cop or be one. FOP stickers One in the middle of the tag, the other on the rear window just so the officer will see it just as he walks up.

About the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, and what it can do:
HP @ RPM 239 @ 4900
Torque (lb.-ft. @ RPM) 287 @ 4100
Limited Slip Axle Ratio 3.55
4 Speed Automatic transmisson - I can't find nor do I recall the exact ratios..but they ARE NOT normal...this car gets shitty ass gas mileage, the gears are optimised for quick launch, and lots of travel under 75 mph. Most of the cars will top out around 108-110, unless they got the 3.27 axle ratio (most don't). If you think about it, there isn't much need for the car to go faster than 110, and more need for quick pick up.

Now, if your city/county/state has other cars...Mustangs/Camaros/etc, they are a totally diff story. They did make a police package F-body (basically an SS/WS6 minus the fru fru shit).

I've got a white Taurus with the Police Pack engine/trans...and I've left some people lookin at my taillights Also weird how noone passes you at night on the highway...

-Michael
Old 09-13-2003, 09:16 AM
Suzuka Master

This is a really stupid topic and you really should slow down. Thinking you can outrun the cops is stupid. And yes, they will catch you. If not with their car, they will call ahead. Enjoy spending some time in jail if you try
Old 09-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Black is a ***** to Clean

Nah...I'm enjoying this topic

I'm interested in all these police vehicles and their specs. I remember visiting a part of Ford' website outlining their police packaged cars and trucks. In my area there are Crown Vics, Impalas, Camaros, Expeditions and supposedly Mustangs.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:34 PM
///M POWER

Originally posted by proaudio22
Running from the cops is pretty stupid. There are some exceptions, and rules if you ever want to try. Never, ever run if you see a helicopter out, or hell even if you have one in your area(we don't here...). Do not run in the city, esp at night. If you are out in the county, there is a good chance the next car is greater than 5 mins away, but also that the one guy there has nothing better to do than find you. Still, running is stupid. Better way is to know a cop or be one. FOP stickers One in the middle of the tag, the other on the rear window just so the officer will see it just as he walks up.

About the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, and what it can do:
HP @ RPM 239 @ 4900
Torque (lb.-ft. @ RPM) 287 @ 4100
Limited Slip Axle Ratio 3.55
4 Speed Automatic transmisson - I can't find nor do I recall the exact ratios..but they ARE NOT normal...this car gets shitty ass gas mileage, the gears are optimised for quick launch, and lots of travel under 75 mph. Most of the cars will top out around 108-110, unless they got the 3.27 axle ratio (most don't). If you think about it, there isn't much need for the car to go faster than 110, and more need for quick pick up.

Now, if your city/county/state has other cars...Mustangs/Camaros/etc, they are a totally diff story. They did make a police package F-body (basically an SS/WS6 minus the fru fru shit).

I've got a white Taurus with the Police Pack engine/trans...and I've left some people lookin at my taillights Also weird how noone passes you at night on the highway...

-Michael
so like low-mid 15 sec car i'm guessing??
Old 09-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Lets go Hoo's!

Originally posted by AgentDSS

I'm interested in all these police vehicles and their specs. I remember visiting a part of Ford' website outlining their police packaged cars and trucks. In my area there are Crown Vics, Impalas, Camaros, Expeditions and supposedly Mustangs.
Yeah, I am too...are there any places online where we can check specs on Police Vehicles, I am curious to see what kind of different modifications they do to the Expedition in general. In CT we have Crown Vics, Expeditions and Intrepids.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:37 PM
A-CL Fanatic

Last night I saw someone pulled over by a completly black F-150 extended cab, the only that made it a cop car was the lights which were inside. They are pulling some sneaky crap.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Instructor

Fearless Flying

This may be old news, but indeed humorous.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:05 PM
Racer

interceptors are awesome. their engine is totally awesome. they will hit 140+, pretty quickly with the torque they have.

The old 428's they used to use...I think in the 70's put down 350 hp & 459 ft lb's of torque ( if I remember correctly ). I've heard of people rebuilding those and putting them in some later model interceptors. I'm not sure if police use those... if they did, I would not run, haha

I would not run anyway. One, when I was driving to new orleans, i saw lights really far behind me. I heard the detector go off and I was speeding, but I could said to myself, I'm gonna beat this motherfucker. Of course I stopped and the cop passed me. Apparently he had a call somewhere else...but it was not a ford police interceptor it was a fucking corvette. The fucking city police had a god damn corvette. Driving through there, I've found that they have two other. That would just be stupid to run from a vette if you saw one.

At any rate, it's people like you who make "world's most scariest police chases" happen. Go "git 'em" darrinb.