Wounded CL.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
P.

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Wounded CL.

Well, got into a first accident in the CL. Minor damages though, was pretty pissed about the whole incident. Was my fault apparently, even though the guy didn't turn on his signal but swears he did. Was on a two lane road just went around em as he was turning, then BAM! My passenger side mirror was hanging off!!! I GOT SIDESWIPED!!! No body damage just bad scratches on passenger door and a new mirror.Also recieved a ticket for passing on a double line, to add icing on the cake. About lost her, am trying to keep it as long as I can, without some dumbass playing bumper cars on the road and totaling it. Got to be a more defensive driver now these days. Nobody was hurt, and that was the most important thing. Car is going in body shop on Monday. Will try to post some pics after I get it back, as I just had recently put some wheels on it, and had it lookin right. Just can't seem to get my phone to compat with my computer for the photos. Until then I will be driving around lookin ghetto.

Last edited by VIPCLS; 05-16-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by VIPCLS
Well, got into a first accident in the CL. Minor damages though, was pretty pissed about the whole incident. Was my fault apparently, even though the guy didn't turn on his signal but swears he did. Was on a two lane road just went around em as he was turning, then BAM! My passenger side mirror was hanging off!!! I GOT SIDESWIPED!!! No body damage just bad scratches on passenger door and a new mirror.Also recieved a ticket for passing on a double line, to add icing on the cake. About lost her, am trying to keep it as long as I can, without some dumbass playing bumper cars on the road and totaling it. Got to be a more defensive driver now these days. Nobody was hurt, and that was the most important thing. Car is going in body shop on Monday. Will try to post some pics after I get it back, as I just had recently put some wheels on it, and had it lookin right. Just can't seem to get my phone to compat with my computer for the photos. Until then I will be driving around lookin ghetto.
Damn, sorry to hear about your CL.

I damn near lost mine a few days back when I was merging onto the highway and turning across two lanes. Had to because ~100m after the on ramp, the first lane you get on turns into an off ramp for the next exit, stupid, I know) and I checked, double checked and shoulder/mirror checked (convex mirror circles FTW). As I'm turning into the 2nd lane, the tard in the BMW X6 behind me decided that she wanted to try to pass me. Something made me check the lane one more time before completing the lane change and that's when I saw the front end of the X6 right by my head... thank god there was no one else on the lane right of me...

I have an increasingly strong feeling that my CL will be totaled or face a massive component failure sometime in the near future... that nagging feeling that something really bad is going to happen (at least when it does, be sure that pictures will be plentiful, granted I'm not dead...)
Old 05-17-2012, 01:18 PM
P.

Yea so you know the feeling. The best way to explain it is it was like a bad dream come true. And wake up the next morning and sure enough it was real. Plus not to mention all the insurance crap I have to deal with, and money im having to put out for something that really wasn't even my fault! BS

Last edited by VIPCLS; 05-17-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
After being in some near accidents myself, I understand fully now the true words of "drive defensively".

Hope the CL gets fixed painlessly.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 PM
P.

Thanks for the support.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea def sucks man
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 PM
P.

Got the CLS back. Was like $1,000 in damage on passenger side. Got alot of new paint, and new odds and end pieces. I was away from the car for about a week with a allright rental, but nothing compared to the Acura.