Would wiring my system void my lease?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 01:46 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would wiring my system void my lease?

My car is on a 3 year lease and i got it August 31st 2000. I am going to be putting a system in, probably 2 12's and an amp. I know there has to be alot of wiring done and it prolly means ripping the carpet. Now would something like this mess up my lease? I will be taking the system out of course when the lease is up. I just don't wanna have any surprises when its time to return the car. And if it does mess up my lease, is there a different way to wire everything to where it doesn't screw anything up?
thanks in advance
marc
Old 07-03-2001, 02:15 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Marc S:
<STRONG>My car is on a 3 year lease and i got it August 31st 2000. I am going to be putting a system in, probably 2 12's and an amp. I know there has to be alot of wiring done and it prolly means ripping the carpet. Now would something like this mess up my lease? I will be taking the system out of course when the lease is up. I just don't wanna have any surprises when its time to return the car. And if it does mess up my lease, is there a different way to wire everything to where it doesn't screw anything up?
thanks in advance
marc</STRONG>
In your lease, it says you are required to return the car in the same condition as you received it with the exception of normal wear and tear. If you are ripping the carpet to put your system in, they will charge you for it at the end. But if you want to make sure, talk to the dealer or if your leasing company is AHFC or Honda Lease Trust, call the 800 number listed on the invoice. They will be able to tell you definitively.
Old 07-03-2001, 02:33 PM
Team Owner

As long as it doesn’t do any irreversible damage to the car, I don’t see how they could charge you.
When the lease is up, it might be easier to cut off & abandon the wires instead of ripping things apart again.

Now if you are cutting into the door panels for extra Tweeters or something, I think you would expect a penalty charge.

Shawn S
Old 07-03-2001, 02:39 PM
Advanced

I'm sure you can install it in such a way that you wouldn't do any permanent damage. You can do a search on here and find out how to install the wiring by just lifting the carpet, no cutting necessary, feed the wires through near the pass-through. If I were buying a used car out of a lease, I'd consider it a plus if the wiring were already there, as long as it's quality stuff and done professionally.
Old 07-03-2001, 03:25 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Marc S:
<STRONG>My car is on a 3 year lease and i got it August 31st 2000. I am going to be putting a system in, probably 2 12's and an amp. I know there has to be alot of wiring done and it prolly means ripping the carpet. Now would something like this mess up my lease? I will be taking the system out of course when the lease is up. I just don't wanna have any surprises when its time to return the car. And if it does mess up my lease, is there a different way to wire everything to where it doesn't screw anything up?
thanks in advance
marc</STRONG>
I'm pretty sure you can install a decent system without cutting any wire. Just make sure you find the right person who's carefully enought and have some experiences with CL. (like me yeah,right! )

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: SilverKnight ]