Windshield Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 04:57 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Windshield Problems

Did a search and couldn't find anything about this problem. There seems to be some kind of stains on my windshield that only show up when the wipers go over the certain areas. I had a problem earlier where some piece of black junk got stuck under a wiper and was smeared on the windshield. I had cleaned it off and didn't expect anything else from it. But everytime the wipers move, I can see the exact area where the junk used to be. I've cleaned with Windex, Stoner glass cleaner, and tried rubbing alcohol but nothing can get rid of it. Anyone have any ideas what I can use?
Old 12-04-2002, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try Oxiclean or CLR. I had water spots on my windshield and nothing would get it out. I wound up taking it to the guy who put my tint on. He rubbed it out with a acid/water combination. Hope this helps.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:20 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally posted by Gator CL-S
Try Oxiclean or CLR. I had water spots on my windshield and nothing would get it out. I wound up taking it to the guy who put my tint on. He rubbed it out with a acid/water combination. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll definitely try the stuff out.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

My car, & the Mustang had those marker letters on it. It was clean so I thought, but when it rained, or there was moisture on the window, I could see the "burning in" out line of the lettering. I clayed the windshield, & that solved it.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Killer stuff...

I got a bunch of this stuff (I no longer use Zaino for main window protection):

www.diamondite.com

You can get the whole kit OR you can order the suspended clay with cleaning tool (has a Scotch-Brite like bottom/scrubbing surface) -- it will remove garbage, mineral deposits, etc from glass.

If you get the "whole kit", you clean, then put a polycarbonate layer over the window that helps hide little scratches and pits; it also protects the windows and helps avoid future problems.

"Welcome to the future of glass! The Diamondite® System is a newly patented two-step process used to remove contaminates from glass surfaces. Diamondite® Spray Clay is used to clear unwanted deposits from the surface including acid rain spots. Diamondite® Shield then seals the surface to offer future protection against acid rain spots, scratches, abrasions, and chipping. Diamondite® Shield is the first of its kind hydrophobic aerosol spray. The protection Diamondite® Shield delivers is the result of molecular polymer bonding to the surface. The Diamondite® System may be used on all glass and glass-like surfaces such as auto windshields, aircraft windshields, marine cabins, and store-front displays. Diamondite® Shield also offers results and protection on other glass-like surfaces such as tile and marble. Application is simple and requires no special training or tools and may be used by do-it-yourselfers as well as by professionals...."

SPRAY CLAY LINK WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES OF TINTED GLASS:

http://www.diamondite.com/sprayclay.htm

BEFORE:
"Hard water (acid rain) spots on tinted windows. These spots are very visible and reduce the appearance of the vehicle. Spray Clay removes these spots very quickly and safely."

AFTER:
Old 12-04-2002, 09:24 PM
Team Owner

I bought the Zaino Z-12 glass polish thinking it was just a glass CLEANER, but it turns out it’s actually a product that is designed to fix you’re problemn.

I haven’t used it yet, but I’m sure it works as well as their other products.
here is the write-up on the website.

Shawn S
Z-12 CLEAR-VIEW GLASS POLISH
Finally, a glass cleaner and polish that really works. We have yet to find a stain that it did not remove. Formulated with modified cleaners and mild abrasives, that deep cleans and polishes all glass surfaces. Removes acid rain, water spots, road film, stubborn stains, annoying interior glass film and fine to medium scratches. This product will remove plasticizing (the hazy film that attaches to the inside of the windshield on all late model vehicles) in one application. Leaves glass crystal clear and sparkling. You will think the glass disappeared. Will not scratch or distort glass. Great for restoring old windshields. Can also be used to clean chrome and metal surfaces. For hand or machine use. Not for use on Coated Glass, painted or plastic surfaces.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:25 PM
Team Owner

That one that Eric posted about looks pretty impressive too.