will my insurance rate go up if...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 04:33 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will my insurance rate go up if...

i am a victim of say a hit and run or if someone keys my car. does the insurance agency jack up my rates at all? or does it depends on which company insures you?
Old 03-16-2001, 04:49 PM
Instructor

it depends, you really have to determine if it's necessary to claim it first. If you start claiming little things on your car (i.e. scratches) ..then yes, they can increase your rates. And don't forget, there's usually a deductible on claiming comprehensive damages.

------------------
White/Ebony CL Type S with Navi...no mods until i get my tax return money.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:13 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cee eL eS:
well yeah...lets say my whole car gets keyed (ie all the panels) and i hafta get it re-painted...i dont mind paying the deductible...but will my insurance increase dramatically, if at all? oh, and lets just say this is the first time i've used insurance for this. no doubt though that insurance would go up after multiple claims. just wondering if it were one claim.</font>
Old 03-16-2001, 06:23 PM
Advanced

really depends on your ins. company....sometimes it will increase, sometimes it won't. thing is the ins. co. reps. can't even tell you whether or not it will go up for sure. someone in the company makes that decision when your up for renewal.

------------------
Black Type S, Spoiler, Comptech Headers, AEM CAI, Comptech Springs and Sway Bars...touch my car I WILL kill you
my other car is a hummer
Old 03-16-2001, 06:54 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cee eL eS:
i am a victim of say a hit and run or if someone keys my car. does the insurance agency jack up my rates at all? or does it depends on which company insures you?</font>
I was the victim of a hit and run in June of 2000. Brand new CL-S and I got side swiped passing another car. The Ford Bronco pulled out into me as I was passing another car. He then ran at over 100MPH. I caught him long enough to get his license number. He was tossing beer bottles out the windows on the way. The cops found him and he denied it was him and I could not identify him (I never saw him/her). My insurance went up $800 bucks a year because of that. It was defintely not my fault. The insurance company (AIG) wrote me a letter saying that there was reason to believe that they could recoup the money but so far I have heard nothing.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior