why all this max/cl-s talk?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 01:29 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why all this max/cl-s talk?

ok, as you can tell, i am a maxima owner. i love my maxima. im sure that you guys over here love your cl-s' as well. we both have good reason to, they are both great cars. so why all this max vs cl-s junk? is a cl-s in general faster than a maxima? yes. is it possible for a maxima beat a cl-s sometime, somewhere? yes. all im saying is we both have wonderfully engineered cars that are leaders in their classes, and that are heads and shoulders above any american competition out there. why cant we just respect one another as enthusiasts who happen to have different cars, not rivals who dont respect each others opinions or cars?....by the way, who here had the cl-s' at scott honda the other nite? just saw you briefly then you left. you were leaving as i was coming. i think one was silver with tint and some type of aftermarket rims. anyone?
Old 08-12-2001, 01:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
I love maximas... as for the rivals, i think its just for fun.. i mean i would never do harm to a maxima if i ever seen one or anything. I think maximas are great cars.. and i know everyone on this board thinks the same way.

I think its just fun trash talk as if we all were playing one big game of basketball..its all in good sportsmanship. ya know?
Old 08-12-2001, 01:37 AM
Powered By HONDA

just do not get mad.. i love maxima too..but just some car chat and discussion here.. take it easy buddy..
Old 08-12-2001, 01:44 AM
Retired Post Whore

Maximas are nice cars, I'm a big fan of them. I would never disrespect one, it's just that other people from maxima.org come on to this forum and talk mad shit about our cars and vice versa.
Old 08-12-2001, 01:45 AM
5th Gear

im not getting upset, im just making an observation...i noticed the same thing on our board....and im enough of a vet to know what talk is....i just dont see the point of getting into it too much when its nissan vs honda....we are in it together
Old 08-12-2001, 01:48 AM
Pro

I have got one of each , I have a 99 maxima SE and a 2001 CL-S and love them both equally, the CL-s is way faster, but the maxima is built better overall. Still they are both fantastic cars and I think people are just talking , dont worry baout it , people do it on all boards.
Old 08-12-2001, 04:05 AM
Rx Master

i have had 2 maxs and now a 3rd has blessed my family, and i love them very much, great cars, stylish and awesome engines. i may get my 3rd if acura doesnt do someting about the 255hp max comein out, but we will see in 2 years.
wg
Old 08-12-2001, 06:26 AM
Suzuka Master

it's all a phase

bmw-->stang-->....
Old 08-12-2001, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
i like the maxima i had an '85 digital dash...mine was a rebuilt though and that bithch kept sayin "your door is a jar" "fuel level is low!" oh i wanted to kill that bitch...anyway after three transmissions i reluctantly decide to call it quits...i did love that car...and hate it at the same time
Old 08-12-2001, 12:49 PM

MAXIMAS are OK, but they are just normal looking cars. Theres just something special that stands out about a Type S. Xenon headlights, unique styling, Acura status.

I'd understand the hype behind your car if it was an Infinity, with more hp, but its just a nissan.

Also, perhaps you should ask your boys on the Maxima web board the same question you're asking us...
Old 08-12-2001, 12:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i think if you ask a civic owner to compare his car to a max, the civic owner will tell you how much better the civic is and how much more value it has, even if it's a little slower, etc. etc. etc.

the point is, people choose to buy certain cars for different reasons (style, speed, budget, etc.)...but whatever those reasons, he will defend his purchase, whether it's a max, a civic, a cl-s, etc.

i'd rather not put down other people's rides, whether it's a hyndai, civic, focus, etc...'cuz personally, i don't know under what circumstances they bought that car and their reasons for why their car is the best for them may be totally something i never even considered when choosing my car. unless it was a new beetle...then i'd ask, "what the hell were you thinking?!"
Old 08-12-2001, 01:29 PM
Intermediate

maxman2k,

I was at Scott Honda for a while last Friday night. I have a silver CL-S with tint, SSR Competition wheels with Bridgestone PP 03s, Comptech headers, springs, sways, etc. etc. "Xenon" from this site was there with his silver CL-S also but we left about the same time. Sorry that we missed you.

Bob
Old 08-12-2001, 10:26 PM
5th Gear

Bob....i think i saw you...i was coming up the street that leads to scott honda when i saw 2 type-s', one with tint and rims, didnt see the other too good, and you turned into a parking lot not too far from the dealer.....you perhaps?
Old 08-13-2001, 11:24 AM
Burning Brakes

my totally unbiased .02, having both cars and an i30t
the cl-s RULES
Old 08-13-2001, 12:16 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems people talk/argue over:

personal opinions
mag numbers
time slips
street races

Throw in a little brand loyalty and immaturity ... you get a lot of conversation.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:36 PM
SatinCL

everyone's bored.

At least it gives the Admin's and Mods something to do.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Maxima is easily one of the closest contendors to the CLS in numbers. Kinda like the GTP, that's why I think all the contraversy takes place.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by maxman2k:
<STRONG>ok, as you can tell, i am a maxima owner. i love my maxima. im sure that you guys over here love your cl-s' as well. we both have good reason to, they are both great cars. so why all this max vs cl-s junk? is a cl-s in general faster than a maxima? yes. is it possible for a maxima beat a cl-s sometime, somewhere? yes. all im saying is we both have wonderfully engineered cars that are leaders in their classes, and that are heads and shoulders above any american competition out there. why cant we just respect one another as enthusiasts who happen to have different cars, not rivals who dont respect each others opinions or cars?....by the way, who here had the cl-s' at scott honda the other nite? just saw you briefly then you left. you were leaving as i was coming. i think one was silver with tint and some type of aftermarket rims. anyone?</STRONG>
I have not once put down a Max...the flame wars started from Max owners coming to our CL FORUM and attacking us...for no other reason than the fact that people posted racing stories and were vehemently attacked as BS and insulted as well.
Old 08-13-2001, 09:36 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Originally posted by eclipse23:
<STRONG>Maxima is easily one of the closest contendors to the CLS in numbers. Kinda like the GTP, that's why I think all the contraversy takes place.</STRONG>
The Pontiac Grand Prix GTP? Holy crap that car is a steaming pile.

I've owned two GMs and my mom had a '93 GP. I used to sell GPs too. I would never, ever buy one.

It's sad too. That 3800 Series II engine is a freaking beast and it gets put in pieces of crap like the GP and Bonneville. What a waste.
Old 08-13-2001, 09:38 PM
w.t.f., mate?

Originally posted by maxman2k:
<STRONG>ok, as you can tell, i am a maxima owner. i love my maxima. im sure that you guys over here love your cl-s' as well. we both have good reason to, they are both great cars. so why all this max vs cl-s junk? is a cl-s in general faster than a maxima? yes. is it possible for a maxima beat a cl-s sometime, somewhere? yes. all im saying is we both have wonderfully engineered cars that are leaders in their classes, and that are heads and shoulders above any american competition out there. why cant we just respect one another as enthusiasts who happen to have different cars, not rivals who dont respect each others opinions or cars?....by the way, who here had the cl-s' at scott honda the other nite? just saw you briefly then you left. you were leaving as i was coming. i think one was silver with tint and some type of aftermarket rims. anyone?</STRONG>
why the max/cl-s talk? cuz you guys started it
Old 08-13-2001, 10:23 PM
Ace rider

Originally posted by BobB:
<STRONG>maxman2k,

I was at Scott Honda for a while last Friday night. I have a silver CL-S with tint, SSR Competition wheels with Bridgestone PP 03s, Comptech headers, springs, sways, etc. etc. "Xenon" from this site was there with his silver CL-S also but we left about the same time. Sorry that we missed you.

Bob</STRONG>
Hey Bob, any pics? How you liking the S03's? I'm thinking of getting those tires, just not sure. Nice setup!
Old 08-14-2001, 12:05 AM
Intermediate

Decat,

No pics yet, but I'll try to post some soon. So far, I really like the PP 03s. They stick like glue, aren't very noisy and look good, too.

Bob