Whats a good summer tire thats reasonably priced

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Has been sold for a while

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lou, of course I've seen plenty of cars with HRE wheels they are my favorite wheel by far. I just realized the reason yours look so odd to me is because of their small size, and because your car isn't lowered. I actually like all the other examples you posted. Perhaps I was wrong in saying the fitment wasn't correct.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:15 PM
It's Go-Time.

I love my Toyo T1S.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by J.T.'s 3.2TL
Lou, of course I've seen plenty of cars with HRE wheels they are my favorite wheel by far. I just realized the reason yours look so odd to me is because of their small size, and because your car isn't lowered. I actually like all the other examples you posted. Perhaps I was wrong in saying the fitment wasn't correct.
I agree, Lous trying to achieve an aggressive look with just tires, not gunna work. Those HRE's are awsome rims.. on lets say a BMW or even on that Aston Martin you posted. They don't look right on a Mercedes though, first of all they look way to small for that CLK frame,second the car isn't lowered so it looks even worse. If your going to buy HRE's you have to do them up right, and if your going to throw small rims on a big-body coupe, buy them bigger. Also, why the hell would you want Hot Rod style tires on a Mercedes? The two don't go together. No offense but that Mercedes isn't fast, making it look more like a hot rod would be hideous, it's not a Lambo. That Benz looks bone-stock too.. not that theres anything wrong with that, but that CLK isn't really a tuners car either. I would sell those HREs.

"I ended up getting the Pirellis Pzero nero M+S in the front for now to match the P7000 in the rear. Now the front look meatier than the back and its driving me nuts."
Old 02-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Intermediate

look at how much better they fit the BMW and Ferrari. I think the Lambo is different, since it uses rims way wider than the ones Lou got. But the BMW and Ferrari pics with those HREs looks a lot cleaner, better fitment. I guess the brand name really doesn't make the rim.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Busy Living

cheap summer tires would be Kuhmo ECSTA 711.

I'm having some installed right now. 235/45/17, installed for $410.

Of course it's snowing out today. Should be interesting.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 99CLstag
I agree, Lous trying to achieve an aggressive look with just tires, not gunna work. Those HRE's are awsome rims.. on lets say a BMW or even on that Aston Martin you posted. They don't look right on a Mercedes though, first of all they look way to small for that CLK frame,second the car isn't lowered so it looks even worse. If your going to buy HRE's you have to do them up right, and if your going to throw small rims on a big-body coupe, buy them bigger. Also, why the hell would you want Hot Rod style tires on a Mercedes? The two don't go together. No offense but that Mercedes isn't fast, making it look more like a hot rod would be hideous, it's not a Lambo. That Benz looks bone-stock too.. not that theres anything wrong with that, but that CLK isn't really a tuners car either. I would sell those HREs.

"I ended up getting the Pirellis Pzero nero M+S in the front for now to match the P7000 in the rear. Now the front look meatier than the back and its driving me nuts."
your a funny guy considering your saying that the CLK is not aggresive and slow... compared to what a viper or a corvette

first of all the car is dropped with Kleemann suspension which is speed sensitve suspension that is more functional than for looks. Do you even know who Kleemann are ??? Im glad you joined the forum to directly post on my thread Wow I get that much attention

the wheels are 18" and the biggest you can go is 19" on the car anyways which I wouldnt do with and HRE wheel in NY. Have you even been to NY ??? No offense but you're looking way to deep into wheels bro. Get a life and keep it moving....I think they look good on a Bmw and aston martin???? that is the most retarded statement Ive ever heard

dude HRE wheels in my personal opinion would look good on any car.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Banned

look at how much better they fit the BMW and Ferrari. I think the Lambo is different, since it uses rims way wider than the ones Lou got. But the BMW and Ferrari pics with those HREs looks a lot cleaner, better fitment. I guess the brand name really doesn't make the rim.
lesson #1 dont speak out when you have no idea of what your talking about

he went with a 10" rear

Old 02-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by lou
lesson #1 dont speak out when you have no idea of what your talking about
-It's called a Body Kit and lowering springs.

CLK isn't aggresive, and IS slow. The quarter mile times are pathertic:

V6 version CLK(18v)- does 1\4 mile in 15.7 (thats SLOW).. the CL

is quicker..

V8 version CLK(24v)- does the 1\4 mile 14.8 (still slower than the CL-type S)

So where the hell do you get the CLK being quick? ( I know family sedans quicker than this, not even sports sedans).

not to mention the ripoff price your paying for the Mercedes.

info taken for specs: http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicl.../russ9933.html

-on to the Kleeman suspension:

your suspension varies depending on how you drive (your speed).. well Mercedes isn't performance oriented, they are much more luxurious oriented. that said, the Kleeman suspension fine tunes your dampening settings, which are adjusted for RIDE COMFORT in the Mercedes Benz, not performance (ie. a track setup). They certainly arn't no Stassis either.

"dude HRE wheels in my personal opinion would look good on any car."- I totally disagree. HREs on a civic?

** I want to see hot rod tires on that red benz **

-first off, they wouldn't fit, secondly. it would look horrible.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Banned

wow the more I compare the pics the more Im impressed by the lip on those suckers.

I my wheels

Old 02-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Banned

-It's called a Body Kit and lowering springs.

CLK isn't aggresive, and IS slow. The quarter mile times are pathertic:

V6 version CLK(18v)- does 1\4 mile in 15.7 (thats SLOW).. the CL

is quicker..

V8 version CLK(24v)- does the 1\4 mile 14.8 (still slower than the CL-type S)

So where the hell do you get the CLK being quick? ( I know family sedans quicker than this, not even sports sedans).

not to mention the ripoff price your paying for the Mercedes.

info taken for specs: http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicl.../russ9933.html

-on to the Kleeman suspension:

your suspension varies depending on how you drive (your speed).. well Mercedes isn't performance oriented, they are much more luxurious oriented. that said, the Kleeman suspension fine tunes your dampening settings, which are adjusted for RIDE COMFORT in the Mercedes Benz, not performance (ie. a track setup). They certainly arn't no Stassis either.

"dude HRE wheels in my personal opinion would look good on any car."- I totally disagree. HREs on a civic?

** I want to see hot rod tires on that red benz **

-first off, they wouldn't fit, secondly. it would look horrible.
the clk 430 does 0-60 in 6 seconds what sedan do you know that does that in an auto tranny ???

and another thing before I waste my time on teaching you..... what car do you drive??. I bet somebody that couldnt fight his own battle put you up to this what a

you probably drive a Ford mustang
Old 02-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Intermediate

"first of all the car is dropped with Kleemann suspension"- Lou

Explain how you "dropped" your car..?

-the Kleemann setup has no perches. Your at the same ride height stock.

Kleemann is an automotive tuner that does a lot more than suspension. They make wheels, tune the ECU, offer their own Kompressor.. all for Mercedes. Essentially any aftermarket suspension setup will be better for performance, than your Kleemann setup.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
G35 Sedan
Old 02-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by lou
the clk 430 does 0-60 in 6 seconds what sedan do you know that does that in an auto tranny ???

and another before I waste my time on teaching you what car do you drive. I bet somebody that couldnt fight his own battle but you up to this what a

you probably drive a Ford mustang

what family luxury cars are quicker with auto tranny?:

Lexus GS430
BMW 540i
Lexus LS430

these are all quicker. And The 0-60 on the 430CLK is more like

0-60 in 6.5

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ford/performance1.htm

-it's funny you have to resort to name calling Lou. The funny thing is you bought a Benz and HREs, yet your car doesn't really look that good (for the money you spent it sure doesn't).

* you must be new to the tuning scene if you think you "dropped" your ride height with a stock Kleemann setup.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Banned

what family luxury cars are quicker with auto tranny?:

Lexus GS430
BMW 540i
Lexus LS430

these are all quicker. And The 0-60 on the 430CLK is more like

0-60 in 6.5

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ford/performance1.htm

-it's funny you have to resort to name calling Lou. The funny thing is you bought a Benz and HREs, yet your car doesn't really look that good (for the money you spent it sure doesn't).

* you must be new to the tuning scene if you think you "dropped" your ride height with a stock Kleemann setup.
Whos is calling anybody any names all that Im saying is your my student because you are misinformed. Here stop looking at different websites take a look at the comparison by Edmunds that will help a bit

http://edmunds.com/reviews/compariso...6/page021.html

and by the way read the reviews about what they said about it
Ls 430
Gs430
Bmw 540

dude those are not regular cars in the least..I would have no problem being in the same leaque as those cars. are you kidding me I like all those cars.

the Kleemann suspension on my car drops it 1 inch all around so what are you talking about??? . This is why I need to know what you drive cause you're a total ROOKIE ???

granted my car doesn't look good...so what I know what it does in real life....and believe me you would think otherwise if you experienced. Do me a favor and show me how to tune a car since Im so bad at it...show me what your talking about it. Put up or shut up Im sure you've heard that before

dude your boring me dont mind if I dont respond to your silly comments I feel stupid just trying make sense of it
Old 02-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Homeless

Originally posted by Scrib
G35 Sedan
Old 02-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
They don't look right on a Mercedes though, first of all they look way to small for that CLK frame,second the car isn't lowered so it looks even worse. If your going to buy HRE's you have to do them up right, and if your going to throw small rims on a big-body coupe, buy them bigger.

Old 02-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Scrib
G35 Sedan

other cars that are just as fast or faster than the CLK430..

STI
EVO
330I
TL
Audi S4

what else am i missing?
Old 02-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Also lou,

All those CLKs you posted look bad ass... you know why? Cuz they have rims bigger than 18s
Old 02-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Banned

"first of all the car is dropped with Kleemann suspension"- Lou

Explain how you "dropped" your car..?

-the Kleemann setup has no perches. Your at the same ride height stock.

Kleemann is an automotive tuner that does a lot more than suspension. They make wheels, tune the ECU, offer their own Kompressor.. all for Mercedes. Essentially any aftermarket suspension setup will be better for performance, than your Kleemann setup.

suspension comes with springs and dampers. The springs lower the car anywhere form .70- 1 inch depending on options on the car
Old 02-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Crazy Sellout
Also lou,

All those CLKs you posted look bad ass... you know why? Cuz they have rims bigger than 18s
I know that I wouldnt even compare those cars with mine they are on a totally different level
Old 02-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Crazy Sellout

other cars that are just as fast or faster than the CLK430..

STI
EVO
330I
TL
Audi S4

what else am i missing?
I know the sti, evo, and s4 but those are sport sedans unlike what he said.

he said he can mention family sedan that are faster that arent even sport.

the 330 is slower in auto
Old 02-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Intermediate

I'm misinformed?

-your the one claiming the CLK430 does 0-60 in 6.0 flat, thats a dream. It's more like 6.5.

Your little Edmunds COMPARE sheet is a total NOOB sheet.

your on the fvckin Acura CL forum, and your saying the Type-S runs the quarter in 14.9?

none of the cars I mentioned are even on that list, except the Acura.. so what am I looking at.. a 330 vs. a 430?? v8 vs. v6?

The 330 with a smaller engine is clearly quicker than your coupe.. I don't see the purpose of posting that.. it makes your CLK look bad.

"dude those are not regular cars in the least"- Lou

Uh, the 540 isn't a regular car? I see more of those and more Lexus LS430's than CLK's.

-your Kleemann setup is still considered STOCK mercedes, and it has no height adjustability.. you didn't lower it, you bought it like that. (1 inch lower is not much). That Kleeman suspension is a ripoff, I could almost buy coilovers for that price.

http://www.mercedesperformance.co.uk...LK%20class.pdf

If you were "tuning" your CLK, you would have the Kleemann ECU in there and would have a better suspension. It looks like you havn't done a single thing besides rims to that car. Like I said before, this isn't a tuners vehicle, who buys an Automatic for the track? (especially a benz). To tune cars, you adjust the ECU mapping and add performance components to the engine.. none of which you are doing.

"granted my car doesn't look good...so what I know what it does in real life....and believe me you would think otherwise if you experienced."- Lou

-seems like it was written from a 2-year old.

I have too many stage X's to drive, why would I waste my time driving a stock CLK430?

I'm trying to make sense of what you want in this car?
-performance?
-looks?

-it's just a mercedes, luxurious and well refined. Not a true sports coupe at heart.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by lou
I know the sti, evo, and s4 but those are sport sedans unlike what he said.

he said he can mention family sedan that are faster that arent even sport.

the 330 is slower in auto
Did you not see the list?

540i
Lexus GS430
Lexus LS430

-those are just the 3 I thought of in under a min.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

noobie is owning you right now lou
Old 02-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Intermediate

I am actually not a NOOB, I have been in "the Scene" for some time. Just havn't been around here, I am one of the biggest HRE fans too, I am just not feeling them on the CLK. My focus is primarily ECU mapping and transverse engine modifications to achieve the results needed, although I am into it all.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Banned

I'm misinformed?

-your the one claiming the CLK430 does 0-60 in 6.0 flat, thats a dream. It's more like 6.5.

Your little Edmunds COMPARE sheet is a total NOOB sheet.

your on the fvckin Acura CL forum, and your saying the Type-S runs the quarter in 14.9?

none of the cars I mentioned are even on that list, except the Acura.. so what am I looking at.. a 330 vs. a 430?? v8 vs. v6?

The 330 with a smaller engine is clearly quicker than your coupe.. I don't see the purpose of posting that.. it makes your CLK look bad.

"dude those are not regular cars in the least"- Lou

Uh, the 540 isn't a regular car? I see more of those and more Lexus LS430's than CLK's.

-your Kleemann setup is still considered STOCK mercedes, and it has no height adjustability.. you didn't lower it, you bought it like that. (1 inch lower is not much). That Kleeman suspension is a ripoff, I could almost buy coilovers for that price.

http://www.mercedesperformance.co.uk...LK%20class.pdf

If you were "tuning" your CLK, you would have the Kleemann ECU in there and would have a better suspension. It looks like you havn't done a single thing besides rims to that car. Like I said before, this isn't a tuners vehicle, who buys an Automatic for the track? (especially a benz). To tune cars, you adjust the ECU mapping and add performance components to the engine.. none of which you are doing.

"granted my car doesn't look good...so what I know what it does in real life....and believe me you would think otherwise if you experienced."- Lou

-seems like it was written from a 2-year old.

I have too many stage X's to drive, why would I waste my time driving a stock CLK430?

I'm trying to make sense of what you want in this car?
-performance?
-looks?

-it's just a mercedes, luxurious and well refined. Not a true sports coupe at heart.
dude I got bored half way through the post....the Edmunds post says 6.1 which goes against your 6.5

as far as the other cars dude they are post all the time regarding the clk beating the gs 430 and vice versa...so going by posting magazine 0-60 times and quarter miles are all debatable.

as far as susension you said it wasnt dropped which it is cause its an inch lower so now its a total ripoff cause they're not coilover OK I didnt know coilovers adusted its dampening.

what else like do you want me to prove you wrong on. That the clk is not a tunable car they are guys in the forum that dropped bigger S/C engines in a clk that have more that 700 HP and cost over $170k ...so quess what your WRONG again

you wrong about

0-60 times

that my car is lower due to the Kleeman suspension

that HRE arent made for Benz

that benz is not a tunable car

what else can you possibly say that can top this
Old 02-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Banned

Did you not see the list?

540i
Lexus GS430
Lexus LS430

-those are just the 3 I thought of in under a min.
if you read my post before I already mentioned I have no problem being in that leaque

only you would think thats an insult
Old 02-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned

I'm misinformed?

. Like I said before, this isn't a tuners vehicle, who buys an Automatic for the track? (especially a benz). To tune cars, you adjust the ECU mapping and add performance components to the engine.. none of which you are doing.

his name is Sleestack and had a Kleemann supercharger in a clk430 and now is upgrading to a 6.2 L

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...threadid=31557
Old 02-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Intermediate

whats yor point? I can find a Buick Riveara tuned if I wanted to.
The fact still stands, it will never do $hit at the track.

only I would thinks thats an insult - sure

-1\4 mile times arn't debatable with skilled, seasoned drivers.

(any way you look at it, with equal drivers, the CLK is slower). Yes, you can test this.. its called pro drivers on a track with averaging.

-you Kleeman setup is essentially Mercedes verison of a "sport package". I would not call this "dropping" the car, you are at stock sport height. In order to achieve a "real" drop, you need coilovers or adjustable shocks, or springs that drop the car more than .7-1". Remember, all you have is a stock sport height, definately not a track/performance setup in terms of reducing "dive", "roll", and "understeer". Granted, it should help.. but for $1000+ it should do a little more than help. I brought up coilovers, because you could almost get coils for the price you spent to drop it 1" most, still not allowing an aggressive dampening setup (as its adjusting for luxury).

-your JUST WRONG, when you said the CLK430 does 0-60 in 6.0 flat. Its closer to 6.5.

- I NEVER said HREs wernt made for a Benz, I said the HRE setup you have does not look that great. I have seen HREs on SL500s that look amazing. Your rims look to small with the big-body Benz, especially with your drop.

- Benz isn't the most tunable car, in fact it's one of the worst. For starters most don't come in a manual. This has a big bearing when tuning a vehicle. Benz is limited to it's tuning support, which it lacks. Theres a reason you don't see Mercedes come track day. Any car these days has a supercharger available.. yippe', it's what you can do with the s\c for the price you pay. Essentially it all boils down to money, and with Mercedes your left with little MOD decisions at an insane price, when the results are not what they should be. Who has $170k?

* anyway you look at it, your CLK isn't going to ever be a competitor at the track, it's sad. * When I could take a 540 and compete with the big boys.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Banned

whats yor point? I can find a Buick Riveara tuned if I wanted to.
The fact still stands, it will never do $hit at the track.

only I would thinks thats an insult - sure

-1\4 mile times arn't debatable with skilled, seasoned drivers.

(any way you look at it, with equal drivers, the CLK is slower). Yes, you can test this.. its called pro drivers on a track with averaging.

-you Kleeman setup is essentially Mercedes verison of a "sport package". I would not call this "dropping" the car, you are at stock sport height. In order to achieve a "real" drop, you need coilovers or adjustable shocks, or springs that drop the car more than .7-1". Remember, all you have is a stock sport height, definately not a track/performance setup in terms of reducing "dive", "roll", and "understeer". Granted, it should help.. but for $1000+ it should do a little more than help. I brought up coilovers, because you could almost get coils for the price you spent to drop it 1" most, still not allowing an aggressive dampening setup (as its adjusting for luxury).

-your JUST WRONG, when you said the CLK430 does 0-60 in 6.0 flat. Its closer to 6.5.

- I NEVER said HREs wernt made for a Benz, I said the HRE setup you have does not look that great. I have seen HREs on SL500s that look amazing. Your rims look to small with the big-body Benz, especially with your drop.

- Benz isn't the most tunable car, in fact it's one of the worst. For starters most don't come in a manual. This has a big bearing when tuning a vehicle. Benz is limited to it's tuning support, which it lacks. Theres a reason you don't see Mercedes come track day. Any car these days has a supercharger available.. yippe', it's what you can do with the s\c for the price you pay. Essentially it all boils down to money, and with Mercedes your left with little MOD decisions at an insane price, when the results are not what they should be. Who has $170k?

* anyway you look at it, your CLK isn't going to ever be a competitor at the track, it's sad. * When I could take a 540 and compete with the big boys.
so now your whole discussion going towards not being a good track car you started out strong like you knew what you were talking about and finished that the 540 is a better track car and who has $170K

and now my susension is not considered dropped because it doesnt drop it more than an inch

did you wake up in the morning a decided to make a complete fool of yourself to whoever you help do their tunning

any my car is not a big body Benz the cl is another wrongfull statement
Old 02-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Intermediate

-you have sport suspension, wake up! (I guess a sport package BMW is considered "dropped"?)
-the "perfomance" debate started when you asked what other Auto tranny sedans can run the 0-60 in 6.0.
- #3 who cares! , you havn't done 1 performance mod to that Benz. Your focus is looks, but the rim setup you have doesn't even look good on that Benz body, others obviously agree. So what have you really accomplished with this Benz? (status?)

Look what he had to do to that CLK. He went from a 4.3L to a 6.2L. They have to resleeve the block, almost remove everything just to compete properly. He did this to allow more compression also with the S\C. You shouldn't have to do all of this to tune a vehicle, this just shows whats needed to tune a MB properly.. a LOT of knowledge and money, which makes it not that tunable from the get-go. Which supports my claim that MB is not a very tunable company. he had to modify a bunch of parts made for other vehicles with this setup too.

tuners quote-> "When the project started, Brad informed that it could take anywhere from 6 months to a year. Everything, including the engine, transmission, ecu, suspension, chassis, brakes, interior and exterior, is being altered, so there is alot of planning and production involved. Some of the timing on production of parts is outside Evosport's control and I'm not interested in having them use the same MKB parts that Renntech, Brabus, etc. use. Now that the engine block is complete, things should be moving faster, however, I have explicitly told Vadim to take as much time as he needs. My wife and I have a baby coming in a few weeks so I should be preoccupied and sleep deprived for the next few months. I'm also on the border of having my license suspended so a little time with my Audi A6 4.2 or E320 is probably good for me. I have complete confidence that Vadim and his crew are going to build an absoulte beast that will be well worth the time spent without my w208."

-he has to modify everything, including the tranny. This car is soo untunable its scary. After he's done he doesnt even know if his MB will have major issues either.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:07 PM
Banned

Look what he had to do to that CLK. He went from a 4.3L to a 6.2L. They have to resleeve the block, almost remove everything just to compete properly. He did this to allow more compression also with the S\C. You shouldn't have to do all of this to tune a vehicle, this just shows whats needed to tune a MB properly.. a LOT of knowledge and money, which makes it not that tunable from the get-go. Which supports my claim that MB is not a very tunable company. he had to modify a bunch of parts made for other vehicles with this setup too.

tuners quote-> "When the project started, Brad informed that it could take anywhere from 6 months to a year. Everything, including the engine, transmission, ecu, suspension, chassis, brakes, interior and exterior, is being altered, so there is alot of planning and production involved. Some of the timing on production of parts is outside Evosport's control and I'm not interested in having them use the same MKB parts that Renntech, Brabus, etc. use. Now that the engine block is complete, things should be moving faster, however, I have explicitly told Vadim to take as much time as he needs. My wife and I have a baby coming in a few weeks so I should be preoccupied and sleep deprived for the next few months. I'm also on the border of having my license suspended so a little time with my Audi A6 4.2 or E320 is probably good for me. I have complete confidence that Vadim and his crew are going to build an absoulte beast that will be well worth the time spent without my w208."

-he has to modify everything, including the tranny. This car is soo untunable its scary. After he's done he doesnt even know if his MB will have major issues either.
and my point is your are absolute WRONG and would love for you to tell him that his W208 is not a tunable car.

they guy was gonna buy a Ferrari as his weekend car and use his Clk 430 to race

any your wrong again the clk 430 doesnt come with Kleemann it comes with AMG remember that
Old 02-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Intermediate

your clueless. He can't do ANYTHING with his 4.3L CLK. The guys basically rebuilding the engine. The thing you fail to recognize is that his W208 isn't based on the 4.3L engine that YOU have.. it's been redone. I could take a KIA and throw an M3 engine in there.. does that make Kia a tunable vehicle? No.

"they guy was gonna buy a Ferrari as his weekend car and use his Clk 430 to race"- Lou

-first off, he didn't buy a Ferrari.
-second, he isn't even doing the tuning himself, he's paying for it. This guys not a professionaly tuner, he's just some rich guy trying to completely customize his Benz. You on the other hand, havn't done a single thing to make your CLK quicker, once you do.. you will soon realize the realities of MB.

- do yourself a favor, go find a 4.3L CLK thats got the original block/sleeves, thats been tuned for the track, come back and tell me it's a tunable car.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Banned

your clueless. He can't do ANYTHING with his 4.3L CLK. The guys basically rebuilding the engine. The thing you fail to recognize is that his W208 isn't based on the 4.3L engine that YOU have.. it's been redone. I could take a KIA and throw an M3 engine in there.. does that make Kia a tunable vehicle? No.

"they guy was gonna buy a Ferrari as his weekend car and use his Clk 430 to race"- Lou

-first off, he didn't buy a Ferrari.
-second, he isn't even doing the tuning himself, he's paying for it. This guys not a professionaly tuner, he's just some rich guy trying to completely customize his Benz. You on the other hand, havn't done a single thing to make your CLK quicker, once you do.. you will soon realize the realities of MB.

- do yourself a favor, go find a 4.3L CLK thats got the original block/sleeves, thats been tuned for the track, come back and tell me it's a tunable car.
he's only one them MR clueless. Ill do you a favor and as a homework assignment look up Timster, Ted Baldwin, Mach 430 to start with and see what they have done the 430 and one of them is a 320. Once your done come back to me and we'll discuss because it seems to me you have the rug pulled from under your feet and dont have a leg to stand on.

Lou
Old 02-17-2004, 04:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Kumho ECSTA Supra 712
Old 02-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by lou
he's only one them MR clueless. Ill do you a favor and as a homework assignment look up Timster, Ted Baldwin, Mach 430 to start with and see what they have done the 430 and one of them is a 320. Once your done come back to me and we'll discuss because it seems to me you have the rug pulled from under your feet and dont have a leg to stand on.

Lou
.. first of all , looks like Timster has the E55. (hes got under 20 posts in the last 6 months).

2nd, Ted Baldwin doesn't own a CLK anymore, hmm wonder why? He bought a G55.

3rd, I don't see a "Mach 340".

-I searched and theres really not much other than the S\C and ECU. Why did you give me these names? Timster hadn't been active hardly at all on the forum. Not much going on there, except buying and selling new MB's.

What exactly did you want me to see? I've seen the 430 S\C..
I am yet to see anything special using the 4.3l and not going W208.

-you should be the one doing your homework though, afterall your the one with a MB, not me.. you should spend more time on there forum learning instead of acting like your a pro tuner, while driving a stock CLK. Let me guess, your not going to do any performance mods on the CLK. So I am back after searching, trying to figure out why you gave me names, and not specifics done to the 430.. is it that you lack the knowledge to inform me on the great CLK430 mods? Either way, it seems like you have been spending too much time shootin the $hit with the Acura forum that you havn't gotten anything done to the CLK.. not that you really can do much for under $2k.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Banned

.. first of all , looks like Timster has the E55. (hes got under 20 posts in the last 6 months).

2nd, Ted Baldwin doesn't own a CLK anymore, hmm wonder why? He bought a G55.

3rd, I don't see a "Mach 340".

-I searched and theres really not much other than the S\C and ECU. Why did you give me these names? Timster hadn't been active hardly at all on the forum. Not much going on there, except buying and selling new MB's.

What exactly did you want me to see? I've seen the 430 S\C..
I am yet to see anything special using the 4.3l and not going W208.

-you should be the one doing your homework though, afterall your the one with a MB, not me.. you should spend more time on there forum learning instead of acting like your a pro tuner, while driving a stock CLK. Let me guess, your not going to do any performance mods on the CLK. So I am back after searching, trying to figure out why you gave me names, and not specifics done to the 430.. is it that you lack the knowledge to inform me on the great CLK430 mods? Either way, it seems like you have been spending too much time shootin the $hit with the Acura forum that you havn't gotten anything done to the CLK.. not that you really can do much for under $2k.
thats a good student but Im gonna have to give you a failing grade cause all those guys have more than one car.

Most of those guys do S/C, cams, differential, brakes, ecu mapping that suppose to do wonders to the clk430 for like $900 and is undectable, I heard the clk55 airbox yields 20 hp to the clk 430,

what other type of mods would you like to tell you about???

am I gonna put more mods on the clk 430...mmm...who know I may not keep it . I think its fast enough for me and Im not taking her to the track so thats irrelevant.

did you prove your point only that you claim to be a tuner and proved otherwise

you dont like my Hre thats an opinion but all the other misinformation is just bullsheet

like I said before you get an "A" for effort but an "F " for failing to provide facts :thumbsdn:
Old 02-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Intermediate

wait.. wait .. wait

-your intelligence is showing with regards to your mathematical skill level.

I hope you just didnt say that the supercharger + cams + aftermarket chip (tune ECU) + brakes + diff. = $900

-yeah, an airbox will yeild you 20HP

-so basically you proved my point.. you have the ECU, which remaps your CLK, giving you pretty minimal gains being that your naturally aspirated. Other than that all you have is the S\C, which alone is more than $900. The S\C yields you less than 10 PSI also with the 430 engine. That airbox alone will definately not gain you 20HP, do you believe EVERYTHING said ?

-looks like you failed the test, rolling into town with HREs that look horrible on your car, no MODs done, slower than a stock Type-S in the quarter. You havn't done anything to prove yourself, you claim that you might sell the car you just bought, if it's all that why would you even consider selling it, you just bought it. The one thing you are considering is as ghetto as ever.. putting 65's on a CLK, trying to achieve a "hot rod" image, when your CLK is the farthest thing from one.

-your straight up noob material, anything more than 14 seconds in the quarter isn't "fast enough". like you claim to be happy with. You are obviously having second thoughts with this car, and you just got it.. don't you do your homework before buying these cars? (why would you need a new car?)

*and obviously you don't know those guys you listed so well, because 2 of them have sold their non-AMG CLK's, that you used as an example. * I wonder why, and now your thinking of selling your CLK.. must be a great car

-maybe you should spend more time on the MB forums, and less on the Acura.. considering you don't even own one.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Banned

wait.. wait .. wait

-your intelligence is showing with regards to your mathematical skill level.

I hope you just didnt say that the supercharger + cams + aftermarket chip (tune ECU) + brakes + diff. = $900

-yeah, an airbox will yeild you 20HP

-so basically you proved my point.. you have the ECU, which remaps your CLK, giving you pretty minimal gains being that your naturally aspirated. Other than that all you have is the S\C, which alone is more than $900. The S\C yields you less than 10 PSI also with the 430 engine. That airbox alone will definately not gain you 20HP, do you believe EVERYTHING said ?

-looks like you failed the test, rolling into town with HREs that look horrible on your car, no MODs done, slower than a stock Type-S in the quarter. You havn't done anything to prove yourself, you claim that you might sell the car you just bought, if it's all that why would you even consider selling it, you just bought it. The one thing you are considering is as ghetto as ever.. putting 65's on a CLK, trying to achieve a "hot rod" image, when your CLK is the farthest thing from one.

-your straight up noob material, anything more than 14 seconds in the quarter isn't "fast enough". like you claim to be happy with. You are obviously having second thoughts with this car, and you just got it.. don't you do your homework before buying these cars? (why would you need a new car?)

*and obviously you don't know those guys you listed so well, because 2 of them have sold their non-AMG CLK's, that you used as an example. * I wonder why, and now your thinking of selling your CLK.. must be a great car

-maybe you should spend more time on the MB forums, and less on the Acura.. considering you don't even own one.
your still coming back for some more OWNAGE

What now....what's your next claim to fame that I have bad math and I dont do my research.

come on really your a tuner ??? Please tell me that is not true...I really dont want to believe it.

Did you ever ask yourself why would I ever want to tune my car that might void my warranty and maintenance for the remaining of the 4 years 50K miles.

...I thought that would be obvious are you 16 years old ??? Im serious you sound very noobish

why are making a big deal about my car if I may not even have it long or I just might buy a tuning car in the side. Either way unlike what your trying to say I am very happy with my car, the wheels and its speed. I realize that there are faster cars out there and they will only get faster with time.

I am really liking the new GS430 and thats why Im already putting it out there....I dont want to defend the clk 430 and trade for the GS 430 in a year or two

as much as I love the clk430 I realize its maintenance cost and without warranty I wouldnt like to be in that situation

say what you want but I can be in a worse position that Im at now driving a benz with my HRE...and thats all that matters

do what makes you happy and I hope you have 19" hre on your car because that the type of person I am. but do 19" fit the 99 cl
Lou
Old 02-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Has been sold for a while

This just gets better and better.