Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 10:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally posted by SilverBullet
So were mine except for the price of my car

2003 6spd w/o Nav 28,300

With Nav 30k.
So I am still right, in Philadelphia area you will save at leat $2K by getting fully loaded Maxima SE vs. 6 speed CLS ( 2003 models)

could you give me any TX zip code, I wonder what cars direct has to say about prices in your area....
Old 11-28-2002, 12:33 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn...where did you find an 03 CL-S w/navi for 30k? I paid sticker b/c i ordered it and it came to just over 35k b/c of dealer options and stuff...but the sticker was 33.2K....anyways....how did this become a price issue, when it was originally about performance?
Old 11-28-2002, 07:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally posted by Zootking
damn...where did you find an 03 CL-S w/navi for 30k? I paid sticker b/c i ordered it and it came to just over 35k b/c of dealer options and stuff...but the sticker was 33.2K....anyways....how did this become a price issue, when it was originally about performance?
I never said it was a price issue... somebody was trying to tell me its the same price... its not...
Old 11-28-2002, 11:44 AM
Banned

Originally posted by russianDude
So I am still right, in Philadelphia area you will save at leat $2K by getting fully loaded Maxima SE vs. 6 speed CLS ( 2003 models)

could you give me any TX zip code, I wonder what cars direct has to say about prices in your area....

A Loaded 6spd Maxima without Nav but with heated seats, is 28k.
Old 11-29-2002, 02:55 PM
Intermediate

Acura 5.9 0-60 and 14.6 1/4 trap 98mph
Maxima 6.0 and 14.7 trap 97 mph

The exact is true of the Auto's in these cars with the Maxima being .1 faster than the Acura with a 1mph higher 1/4 trap.

I own a 2k2 Maxima. Someone mentioned earlier about the Acura, Infiniti, Lexus crap. Just to shed some light on the subject. America is the only place these cars are sold under that name. Everywhere else in the world they are labeled Honda, Nissan, Toyota. We Americans like to feel special and that's why these "Elite brand names" were created. You are driving a Honda CLS. Both of these cars are fantastic and quite honestly it's all up to the driver who wins. The Acura is a little bit more refined and I love both the TLS and the CLS. I just couldn't justify the difference in price for what you get. To me the Acura TLS wasn't 4-5k more refined, but that doesn't mean I don't absolutely love both the TLS and CLS.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:45 PM
av2
Intermediate

The CL Type S is the better of the 2 cars, but it's more expensive. I think the CLS is much more refined than a Maxima. In terms of who's faster, why care? They are very evenly matched. If we have to compare, in auto, I give my vote to the CLS. In manual...I still give my vote to the CLS. I think the CLS has the slight edge due to its 20 extra hp. A G35 coupe or sedan will be a better match for the comparsion. Maximas are made to compete with the Accords V6s and not with the CLS.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by av2
The CL Type S is the better of the 2 cars, but it's more expensive. I think the CLS is much more refined than a Maxima. In terms of who's faster, why care? They are very evenly matched. If we have to compare, in auto, I give my vote to the CLS. In manual...I still give my vote to the CLS. I think the CLS has the slight edge due to its 20 extra hp. A G35 coupe or sedan will be a better match for the comparsion. Maximas are made to compete with the Accords V6s and not with the CLS.
Honestly, the Maxima wasn't made to compete with the Accord, Camry, etc. It was made to be the middle ground between say the Acura TLS and an Accord. The CLS doesn't have a 20 hp advantage, it's got a 5 hp advantage. The driver holds the key to victory, not the car in this case. Yes the CLS is a bit more refined and the price difference reflects this.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:24 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Virus
Honestly, the Maxima wasn't made to compete with the Accord, Camry, etc. It was made to be the middle ground between say the Acura TLS and an Accord. The CLS doesn't have a 20 hp advantage, it's got a 5 hp advantage. The driver holds the key to victory, not the car in this case. Yes the CLS is a bit more refined and the price difference reflects this.
To bad on the Dyno the CL-S does hold 15-20hp advantage... since the Maxima is overated.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:29 AM
almost as fast as a CL-S

hi russ

i figure i would put this in here

wouldn't want facts to get in the way

Originally posted by SteVTEC
I already previously posted up the engine vs engine dyno comparisons before somewhere, but just for reference I'll link them again here.

Stock CL-S 6spd chart: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/stevte...k_Astroboy.jpg
Stock Maxima 6spd chart: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/stevte...anceMagcom.jpg

So we know the total power under the curve, but the Acura weighs a lot more. 3446lb for the CL-S 6spd vs 3239lb for the Maxima 6spd. Taking this into account, the following results are then seen.

But this isn't the whole story just yet.

The Acura DOES have slightly shorter gearing because it can rev higher (6900rpm vs 6600rpm). This will even it up some in the Acura's favor. Also, the dyno chart only goes up to 6500rpm for this comparison because Astroboy's dyno only went up to 6700rpm. I don't have data past that. So I just stopped the chart at 6500rpm like all the others.

In the end, it's going to be a very close race between either car. But Newton says the Maxima has the advantage overall. The Max has the most advantage off the line or at lower speeds with its superior torque, but the Acura has a slim advantage from a roll at higher speeds with its better top-end. The Maxima will feel more athletic and peppy during daily driving because of the low-end though, unless you "daily drive" above 5500rpm all the time.

So in the end, to answer the original question of which is faster. Newton says:

Yes. :wall:

hehehe
Old 11-30-2002, 01:32 AM
Banned

Ummmm

To bad those aren't real DYNO CHARTS.

6spd CL-S on a dyno chart does 215-220 hp and about 205-210 tq to the wheels STOCK

A 6spd MAX does 200-205 hp and about 215 tq to the wheels STOCK.

Sorry but THAT IS PROOF.

If the search engine actually worked on maxima.org I would get the dyno graphs up. REAL ones, not ones that were tampered with.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:37 AM
almost as fast as a CL-S

ok russ

thank you for playing

oh btw .. i used the search function to find that info

FYI: if you read the posts.. its hp / weight dyno

Ummmm

6spd CL-S on a dyno chart does 215-220 hp and about 205-210 tq to the wheels STOCK

Sorry but THAT IS PROOF.

If the search engine actually worked on maxima.org I would get the dyno graphs up. REAL ones, not ones that were tampered with.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:41 AM
Banned

Originally posted by doug
ok russ

thank you for playing

oh btw .. i used the search function to find that info

FYI: if you read the posts.. its hp / weight dyno
I was never owned sir. You were just wrong. We were not discussing weight.

203.7fwhp and 224.3fwtq Maxima DYNO bone stock 6spd.

And a Fully loaded Maxima weight isn't much off from a CL-S 6SPD weight. As per others actually weighing the cars recently.

Why not you quit making it look like Maxima is the best car period when it isn't?! JUST ADMIT IT! Jeasus, you maxima people never quit.

Also kinda funny how the Maxima owners are crying because they are missing 15 hp....

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&pagenumber=4
Old 11-30-2002, 01:46 AM
almost as fast as a CL-S

how can we not discuss weight? where are these cars running? on the moon?

anywoo.. i am not going to get into a pissing match with you here .. i just don't feel like it

And a Fully loaded Maxima weight isn't much off from a CL-S 6SPD weight. As per others actually weighing the cars recently.

Why not you quit making it look like Maxima is the best car period when it isn't?! JUST ADMIT IT! Jeasus, you maxima people never quit.

Also kinda funny how the Maxima owners are crying because they are missing 15 hp....

Old 11-30-2002, 02:21 AM
av2
Intermediate

Ops, my bad. I thought the Maximas only put out 240hp like the Altimas due to the same engine. Guess I was wrong. I don't like the Maximas as much as the CLS due to personal perferences, but I do respect the performance Maximas put out. Still a very impressive car.
Old 11-30-2002, 05:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by doug
how can we not discuss weight? where are these cars running? on the moon?

anywoo.. i am not going to get into a pissing match with you here .. i just don't feel like it
you're still wrong the cl-S will dyno right up until fuel cut at 7200 rpm not 6500 and it's not peak numbers but area under the curve. I dont care to do the math but i think knowing what i know ,the cl-S will have a larger area
Old 11-30-2002, 09:00 AM
almost as fast as a CL-S

ok buddy

Originally posted by typeR
you're still wrong the cl-S will dyno right up until fuel cut at 7200 rpm not 6500 and it's not peak numbers but area under the curve. I dont care to do the math but i think knowing what i know ,the cl-S will have a larger area
Old 11-30-2002, 09:04 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by av2
Ops, my bad. I thought the Maximas only put out 240hp like the Altimas due to the same engine. Guess I was wrong. I don't like the Maximas as much as the CLS due to personal perferences, but I do respect the performance Maximas put out. Still a very impressive car.
Honestly, I'm not so sure Nissan didn't fib on the 255hp anyway

Russ, I'm not over here stating that my Maxima is the best thing on this planet. I posted real stats that I got off the internet. I do agree that the Acura CL and TL S's are more refined than the Maxima. I don't think anyone can argue that point. I personally didn't think the extra refinement was worth all the extra money. Obviously, the folks that bought the Acura's did think so. No ones wrong. Regardless of dyno #'s, stats, etc., it all comes down to the driver.
Old 11-30-2002, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
for sure it's a drivers race there's no doubting that ...though same driver same day i give the edge to the cl and that's tring to be un biased as far as refinement i also own a v6 accord ..it's not that far off but the cl is nicer compared to the maxima im sure it's just as close but as far as price ...one could purchase an cl-S auto for about 27.5 no prob....the TL i know you can get for 28.3 ...a max is probablly around 25 -26 leather SE auto
Old 11-30-2002, 11:49 AM
av2
Intermediate

Honestly, I'm not so sure Nissan didn't fib on the 255hp anyway

Russ, I'm not over here stating that my Maxima is the best thing on this planet. I posted real stats that I got off the internet. I do agree that the Acura CL and TL S's are more refined than the Maxima. I don't think anyone can argue that point. I personally didn't think the extra refinement was worth all the extra money. Obviously, the folks that bought the Acura's did think so. No ones wrong. Regardless of dyno #'s, stats, etc., it all comes down to the driver.
Virus, well said. If you guys really want to find out which car is faster, just for fun, why don't we set up a friendly race. Cars are pretty much even in acceleration, it will all come down to the driver. That's the best kind of racing.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:18 PM
Racer

LOL...

Hahhaha... probably more believeable if the CL-S in YOUR sig dynoed at that much, eh? If your freaking CL doesn't even dyno that, then....

Ummmm

Sorry but THAT IS PROOF.

Old 11-30-2002, 02:31 PM

A loaded Maxima GLE is 32k, go to the Nissan website. That is nuts.
You are driving a Honda CLS
You are kinda wrong. The CL-s and TL-S were designed in America for the American market. I know the TL is the Honda Inspire, what is the CL called? The TL and CL are sold in Japan but not in Europe.

IMO, the CL/TL/Maxima/I35 are so evenly matched it is ridiculous. All great cars with very similar performance. Acura and Infiniti ownz Nissan service wise though.
Old 11-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Intermediate

No doubt about it, Nissan service sucks no matter where you go. When you buy an Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, etc., they really treat you much better.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:22 PM
5th Gear

Russ, Russ, Russ...

First off let me start out by saying my first car was a 90 Acura Integra, I think acura's are great car's, and I'm not here to bash on Acura... Russ on the other hand...

Maybe if you didn't change cars (and allegiance) more often than most people change there underwear, you wouldn't have the problem of people calling BS on you all the time!
Russ Quote From Maxima.org
"Saw a CL-S and TL-S run at the track Fri night!
Talking about slow! Mid 15s was what they were getting in 30 degree weather!

And the Maximas were getting 14s!
"

YOu can see it for yourself here
How's that for being owned Russ?

You can see more of Russ's handwork here or to sum it up: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea and its taking Honda this long to catch up with other Japan manufactures with more powerful cars.

and yet more still: You must be a stupid kid. You don't know **** obviously about what would affect a car. Gearing helps, but not near as much as weight. Weight is a big negative on the CL-S. Also, Even if the CL-S has less drag on the front, that does not become effective till 90+ mph anyways. The Max will defintely own you till then. If a 2k1 5spd Max takes CL-Ss all day long in 5spd form, I am positive a auto and 6spd will take any model CL-S, Tl-s here
I could keep finding Russ quotes all night!

Quit talking so much smack, you are the most two faced person I have ever seen! You even have your own Maxima website! I hate hypocrites, and you sir fit the definition to a "T" You can run along and try and delete your post on the .Org like youve done before now...
:o

Old 11-30-2002, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

Re: Russ, Russ, Russ...

Originally posted by blubottlemax
First off let me start out by saying my first car was a 90 Acura Integra, I think acura's are great car's, and I'm not here to bash on Acura... Russ on the other hand...

Maybe if you didn't change cars (and allegiance) more often than most people change there underwear, you wouldn't have the problem of people calling BS on you all the time!
Russ Quote From Maxima.org
"Saw a CL-S and TL-S run at the track Fri night!
Talking about slow! Mid 15s was what they were getting in 30 degree weather!

And the Maximas were getting 14s!
"

YOu can see it for yourself here
How's that for being owned Russ?

Quit talking so much smack, you are the most two faced person I have ever seen! You even have your own Maxima website! I hate hypocrites, and you sir fit the definition to a "T" You can run along and try and delete your post on the .Org like youve done before now...
:o
OUCH! That's going to leave a mark.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:10 AM
Banned

Re: LOL...

Originally posted by numbaonestunna
Hahhaha... probably more believeable if the CL-S in YOUR sig dynoed at that much, eh? If your freaking CL doesn't even dyno that, then....

Oh? Funny thing is I have a auto which almost dynos what the 6spd MAXIMA does!

HAHAHAHA BUSTED.....

I dare see a auto Maxima break 195.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:12 AM
Banned

Re: Russ, Russ, Russ...

Yawn, here we go again with these low life Maxima owners. To bad no MAXIMA even with mods can match me now. It would take a SC or a 6spd Maxima with mods like Emax to even dare take my car out.

Can anyone say I am a low 14 sec car now

Also beat a friend in a LT1 TransAm this past weekend, with many witnesses! :P

Also, so what, I woke up and saw the light. The CL-S and TL-S are so fucking hard to launch its not funny. That is why they will not get good times especially on stock tires. The Maxima has advatages... bigger tires and stickier stock.

I see more CL-Ss and TL-Ss running lower times than Maximas period.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:42 AM
5th Gear

Re: Re: Russ, Russ, Russ...

Ah yes Russ, because I'm a Maxima owner, i'm a lowlife right? But you, youve pulled your life together and purchased yourself one of them fancy Acura's haven't you? Pulled yourself out of your slum, low existance and bought a real mans car? Get off your high horse you worthless bag of hot air! Quit trying to make this Acura vs. Nissan, that's not what I'm after here, I'm after the fact that your a two faced, hypocritic lyer so full of himself he's about to pop like Mr. Stay puff himself! Mods like Ethan? Why do you have to bring him into it? Nothing against him at all, but please, he has nothing unusual done to his car! Certainly not your 'magic' headers you like to brag about so much! I'm here to say our car's are not that different performance wise. I'm not the one claiming any car is a super exotic compared to the other, your the only one babbling out this worthless crap. And it's the SAME exact thing you did on the .Org. I feel sorry for everyone who has to listen to your babble you freakin fraud. If you had half a set of balls you own up to being the little b!tch that you really are. "ive seen the light" gimme a freakin break, you have your head WAY too far up your a$$ to see any light, unless youve managed to get up far enough to circle back to your mouth. So hard to launch? You drive a god damn auto! If you can't learn to launch an auto, please, park your car and stay off the streets! Don't waste anymore money at the track, and keep the citizens of Texas safe! God your a waste of space!

Yawn, here we go again with these low life Maxima owners. To bad no MAXIMA even with mods can match me now. It would take a SC or a 6spd Maxima with mods like Emax to even dare take my car out.

Also, so what, I woke up and saw the light. The CL-S and TL-S are so fucking hard to launch its not funny. That is why they will not get good times especially on stock tires. The Maxima has advatages... bigger tires and stickier stock.

Old 12-01-2002, 01:49 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Russ, Russ, Russ...

Wahhhhhhh...can I cry for you? Nah your not worth it.

You showed real childish behavior here in this post.

lol!

Me and Ethan talk like every day about the cars. We never have problems. It's people like you coming to other sites and starting shit. Grow the hell up.

Why not you tell us who you REALLY are instead of using a different name here than on maxima.org? You don't want to prove to the rest of the maxima guys how stupid you look?

Yea, we like our headers, 30 hp to the wheels, too bad you guys can't get that.

Ethan has 95 manifolds, so he can fit a ypipe on. Alot of work for much less power.

Yes hard to launch, you have never experience the power of our cars, and know what it takes to launch them properly. So again you have no clue.

I can do half throttle on the street off the line, all I do is spin.

I have a auto, and make as much power as he does now.

Oh yea, I spanked badly a 3.5 SE Altima 5spd the other night too...sent him home crying. 2+ car lengths to 60 twice.

He asked for it since he reved at me.

Originally posted by blubottlemax
Ah yes Russ, because I'm a Maxima owner, i'm a lowlife right? But you, youve pulled your life together and purchased yourself one of them fancy Acura's haven't you? Pulled yourself out of your slum, low existance and bought a real mans car? Get off your high horse you worthless bag of hot air! Quit trying to make this Acura vs. Nissan, that's not what I'm after here, I'm after the fact that your a two faced, hypocritic lyer so full of himself he's about to pop like Mr. Stay puff himself! Mods like Ethan? Why do you have to bring him into it? Nothing against him at all, but please, he has nothing unusual done to his car! Certainly not your 'magic' headers you like to brag about so much! I'm here to say our car's are not that different performance wise. I'm not the one claiming any car is a super exotic compared to the other, your the only one babbling out this worthless crap. And it's the SAME exact thing you did on the .Org. I feel sorry for everyone who has to listen to your babble you freakin fraud. If you had half a set of balls you own up to being the little b!tch that you really are. "ive seen the light" gimme a freakin break, you have your head WAY too far up your a$$ to see any light, unless youve managed to get up far enough to circle back to your mouth. So hard to launch? You drive a god damn auto! If you can't learn to launch an auto, please, park your car and stay off the streets! Don't waste anymore money at the track, and keep the citizens of Texas safe! God your a waste of space!
Old 12-01-2002, 02:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Russ, Russ, Russ...

Russ you are so full of it I dont know where to start.

A. Your car is not a low 14s car until you hold a 14 second timeslip.
B. I know of more N/A Maximas in the 13s than CL/TL's, so how are they running lower numbers????
C. A stock 6 speed Maxima with a competent driver would rape you from any speed.....Quit dreaming.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:22 AM
5th Gear

Re: Re: Re: Re: Russ, Russ, Russ...

If you knew how to operate the 'Search' function, you would have found me, since I post in every forum except the .Org under 'blubottlemax' But your not that smart, so we'll just move on...

Childish? Why, because I called you on your BS? Please, explain
You showed real childish behavior here in this post. "he asked for it since he reved at me" yeah, that sounds like adult like behavior. Once again, your trying to turn this into acura vs. nissan, and Ive already said, I like acuras, got nothing against them what's so ever. Oh yeah, congrats, you beat a car with less horsepower stock than you have, which probably had no mods, pat yourself on the back and stand in the limelight big man. Don't let that gust of wind knock you off the podium.... Now, on to the meat on the subject... You mean to tell me you see nothing wrong with your past shit talking, read your own post! I mean, Ive only quoted your EXACT words! '
If a 2k1 5spd Max takes CL-Ss all day long in 5spd form, I am positive a auto and 6spd will take any model CL-S, Tl-S
lol!'
Care to explain that, or continue to skirt the subject?
I'm obviously not the only one that thinks your an assbag, look at the previous post, or the one I pasted below...

Re: Why does everybody pick on.......
Long history here. Where do I start:

1) Russ has owned 6 new cars in the past 4 years. He has no self control when it comes to cars. None. He's paid near-MSRP on at least several cars, yet he'll still chime in from time to time with car buying tips and the like.

2) Russ has always fully supported the community of the particular car he drives and to some degree or another bad mouthed his previous community. When he had a Firebird, he bashed Maximas. Went back to a Maxima, bashed Firebirds. Went to a Sentra, bashed Maximas. You get the trend. While it's fine to see the positives and negatives in each car, he seems to jump from one ship to another quickly, changing his opinion the instant he moves to another vehicle.

3) The car Russ is driving at the time is always, always "the best", it seems. He only reports when he wins a race. He'll never admit to the 15 BrandX cars he's lost to but quickly posts the one questionable BrandX win. The guy never seems to lose a race, and never admits to being beat by a soul. Everything about his car at the time is the best.

4) He posts a fair amount of antagonistic trash. He posts when another forum is bashing Maximas, or when Russ wants us to believe they're bashing Maximas. He posts when some owner of some vehicle from some other site beats a Maxima, even if it's some car that he has never owned so should have no interest in. It's all intended to start a flame war either here or on the other site. He cruises other sites to find flame war fodder. Here's a perfect post from another maxima.org member, e28fixer, that supports this:
"Russ appears to be cruising the other make/model enthusiast discussion groups looking for opportunities to praise his car as "better than", "more luxurious than", "faster than", etc. I wonder if the guys on the BMW/Porsche/Ferrari/Lotus/McLaren/RX-7/Supra/3000GT/Stealth/Corvette/Altima/Passat/Jetta/IS300/Camry/WRX/G35/Accord/Civic Hybrid/Eclipse/Neon/PT-Cruiser/Insight/Elantra/Corolla boards are as sick of hearing his tripe as I am... hmmmmm"

(sarcasm alert)
5) Repeated misuse of the words they're, there, and their. He doesn't seem to understand that these words are not interchangeable.
(end alert)

Seeing all the above, it's more than a little irritating when Russ chimes into a thread calling BS on some guy that just casually posted a mild kill. Russ has NOOOOOOO room whatsoever to call BS on anybody's thread. None. 0. Nada. Keine.

The guy strikes a nerve of most folks that have been around here for awhile. We've heard it a million times. If you haven't been around for a few years, you wouldn't understand the history. Please don't assume I'm at all worked up on any of this though...I could frankly care less about Russ or the majority of folks on this forum, and I am by no means a diehard Maxima peeps/community-type guy. You simply asked why people bash Russ and I'm telling you why, in my opinion based on what I've seen, why they (we) do. The guy is an immature tool and that's my opinion.

From ]why does everyone pick on Russ?

THere is also a nice post by you trying to get other people to talk crap on another forum sticking up for the Max...

Russ, please do us all a favor ->
and don't post on other sites as the "official" representative for the Maxima community. I am not a moron and do not like being represented by...you.

Thanks!

Does ANYONE see a pattern here?

Me and Ethan talk like every day about the cars. We never have problems. It's people like you coming to other sites and starting shit. Grow the hell up.

Yea, we like our headers, 30 hp to the wheels, too bad you guys can't get that.

Ethan has 95 manifolds, so he can fit a ypipe on. Alot of work for much less power.

I have a auto, and make as much power as he does now.

Oh yea, I spanked badly a 3.5 SE Altima 5spd the other night too...sent him home crying. 2+ car lengths to 60 twice.

He asked for it since he reved at me. [/B]
Old 12-01-2002, 02:40 AM
av2
Intermediate

Is there a war going on here? Just set up a friendly race and see who wins. All this talking is just going no where. Next saturday at Carlsbad raceway, let's get together some maximas and CLS or TLS in stock and modified forms and see who wins. Those do not show next saturday are automatically "losers." Bring digital cameras and let's all find out together. Sounds fun? Well, let's do it. The raceway opens at 1:00pm.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:45 AM
5th Gear

Ha Ha, that's kinda funny, since Carlsbad is the first place I ever raced at! I used to live in Vista when I was in the Marine Corps, and I went there to race a few times. Those guys hate imports though! That and you have to drive down that long ass dusty dirt road to get to the track! I don't think there track is very accurate either...

Originally posted by av2
Is there a war going on here? Just set up a friendly race and see who wins. All this talking is just going no where. Next saturday at Carlsbad raceway, let's get together some maximas and CLS or TLS in stock and modified forms and see who wins. Those do not show next saturday are automatically "losers." Bring digital cameras and let's all find out together. Sounds fun? Well, let's do it. The raceway opens at 1:00pm.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:59 AM
av2
Intermediate

The dirt road is not so bad, and the admission is around $20 to race and $10 to watch. Or just to California Speedway in Fontana? Better at the track than the streets, right? Better yet, go to Willow Spring and test the overall performance of the cars on a road course.

Or for quick runs, people live near Rowland Hts can test their cars at Pathfinder road at around 11:00pm. Just gather by the basketball field at 10:45pm tomorrow. Anyone up for this?

If you guys are too scare to attemp, let's just drop the topic and stop the trash talking.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:04 AM
5th Gear

Like I said before, this isn't about Acura vs. Nissan, this is about Russ's problem with being full of himself and talking out his ass...
Old 12-01-2002, 08:28 AM
Intermediate

This thread is way off topic. It was a stock vs. stock statistics questions. It's been answered. Stop the chest pounding!
Old 12-01-2002, 10:28 AM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Russ, Russ, Russ...

Hey Silverbullet... what you dyno now with your mods? It's gotta be at LEAST 250 wwhp (wrong wheel horse power), right? Since your sweet obx headers are good for 30, and you probably have some INJEN intake and think that's good for 20.... LOL

Well, what's your dyno? Lemme guess, you haven't dynoed since you got your mods... hahhaha
Old 12-01-2002, 11:03 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Russ, Russ, Russ...

Originally posted by Maximized
Russ you are so full of it I dont know where to start.

A. Your car is not a low 14s car until you hold a 14 second timeslip.
B. I know of more N/A Maximas in the 13s than CL/TL's, so how are they running lower numbers????
C. A stock 6 speed Maxima with a competent driver would rape you from any speed.....Quit dreaming.
It's okay, how do you know I don't have a timeslip? I did go to the track friday night .

LOL!!!!! Thats actually funny. N/A Maximas with no interior in the 13s . Emax hit 13.8 with all his mods. But he had a good 60 ft as well. So whats your point? We have alot more CL-S TL-S in the mid to low 14s than Maximas period.

Here we go again with these Maxima foolish lies. A 6spd Maxima rape me? Funny, if the Altima is supposely FASTER and lighter than the Maxima, I doubt that seriously since I raped one this weekend. Oh yea, beat a LT1 TransAm that runs 13.9 at 100 mph. He was a auto as well, and did a 30 mph roll. I pulled on him to 90, but by 90 he was creeping back, but not enough to get by my car by 100 where he let off due to POPO. It was setup and posted on the local car club forums by others who saw it .

Find me a Maxima wanting to run me that you REALLY think can rape me. Please do, because there isn't one.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:08 AM
Racer

wow... that was fun.

if you 2 or 3 guys want to keep going on this take it to im or email.