What should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 03:27 AM
booooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should i do?

Let me just remind every1 that i have a 99 3.2 TL...

ok heres my story, my check engine light came on and my car felt like it was gonna die one day when i was trying to start it, So i changed my plugs to Bosch Plat +4's

Engine light when off, car was perfect, then two weeks later my light came back on, so i decided to take it to Park Ave Acura because they are really the Best Dealership. So i was charged $100 to find out what the problem with my car was, the tech told me my headers were cracked, so i was upset because i remembered hitting one of the schools speed bumps really hard one day (they are mountains) and i wasnt going fast at all less than 5 mph. so i take my car to Meinake and the guy charges me 100$ to weld my headers closed. I did that, reset my ECU all was well, 100 miles later the light comes back on...i go back to Meinake and the guy checked the headers again and says everything is good and he could run an engine check for $65, i was like naaaah man. i called the dealer i spoke to Frank, and he told me there could be something else wrong with the car, i asked if i had it checked, shouldnt the tech have told me if there was nething else wrong with the car, he said yea, but i needed to get it checked again, i told him i didnt pay 100$ the 1st time for nothing, so i noticed i needed an oil change badly, so i made an appt for that on January 7th at 12pm. i wasnt too sure what i gained from speaking to Frank, so i took a ride to the dealer, i spoke to Tom, who is my advisor, hes a really nice guy, i explained the situation to Tom, Tom said it might be from the gas tank cap being loose, he told me to tighten it and reset the ECU and if it didnt work to remind him on the 7th and he will take it from there. So i went to the car, took off the cap, tightened it and unplugged my batter all infront of PAA, the light went off, i was happy, drove home, and right when i pulled in my drive way it came back. so now im waiting til the 7th. Before i go to the dealership, im gonna go to Meinake and tell the guy, if it has to do something with the headers and they charge me to look at it, he has to pay for the fee, and pay the dealer to fix my headers or fix them himself. As for the Dealer, do you think they will charge me to look at it again after the initial problem was resolved?

what do you guys think?

Could it be something else?

Did Meinake screw me over?

Thanks in Advance
Old 01-05-2004, 03:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
obx headers i assume?

i don't understand how the meineke guy is responsible for anything. sounds like you will have to work something out w/ the dealership to figure out and solve the problem.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:38 AM
booooo

Stone racing Headers
Old 01-05-2004, 03:45 AM
Senior Moderator

maybe you should put your stock manifolds back on and see if that fixes the problem.

if the headers already cracked it's only a matter of time before they crack again.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:05 AM
booooo

shit, you think theres a high possiblity they crack again?

im upset...crap!
Old 01-05-2004, 04:28 AM
Senior Moderator

where did they crack? can you post a picture?

how long have you had the headers?
Old 01-05-2004, 04:43 AM
booooo

i had the headers since.....september i think, when Nashua did the 1st GB. Pictures, sure ill try and do it during the day.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:10 PM
booooo

took it to PAA and they told me i had TWO bad sensors and becuase the engine light didnt let me know to change them soon enough my cat converter went bad. Park Ave Acura changed the cat converter and both sensors under warranty and gave me a free oil changed

before my service advisor told me it was under warranty i thought my life was over, u know that feeling when u get bad news, after he told me it was under warranty i wanted to hug him.

PAA gets an A+++++