What is the P in CL-p

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 07:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
Fact 1: You are an ass hole

Fact 2: Satin01CL (a senior and well respected moderator on this site) has the Comptech Headers and a K&N drop in filter. Those are his only mods. His best Gtech is 6.33. That is at least equal to 0-60 performance of a Type-S. All for $1050.

Add a CAI and/or Comptech Exhaust and/or Pulleys and you can see the perfomance is not an issue.

Fact 3: Any CL-S owners could get the same performance mods and then they would obviously beat a modded CL-P.

Fact 4: You are a dick.

Fact 5: A CL-P with Springs and Sways will out handle a stock CL-S anywhere anytime. So for $500 a CL-P will out handle a stock CL-S.

Fact 6: Any CL-S owners could get the same mods and then the CL-S may have a slight advantage.

Fact 7: You are an ass hole.

Fact 8: Quote from aeon “Perhaps it is too much car for me, but it might also be too much for you but you wouldn't know that would you...”

First, at least you admit that it is too much car for you, and perhaps the real issue here is actually your CL-P envy.

Second, I do know because I test drove both and was orignialy going to go for the CL-S. But I liked the interior of the CL-P IMHO. Also, going 0-60 .4 seconds faster for $2000 was not that important to me. That is why I will likely only add a CAI.

Fact 9: Quote from previous reply "Use my quotes in their entire context please. Several people said that the P in CL-P stands for “Pussies” “Poor” “Poo” etc… So I jokingly said that the “S” in CL-S stands for stupid. I guess you have gone through much of your life being labled as stupid, so I can understand why that would offend you so much. "
--So I take it you have gone through most of your life being called a "Pussy"?

Nope, no one has actually ever called me a Pussy to my face. But I never attacked the person who posted that the P in CL-P stood for Pussy, Poor, Poo, Penis etc….

You are the one who attacked me first. After I jokinly replied that the S in Type-S stood for "stupid". Therefore I am left to believe that you actually were offended by my statement. I mean why else would you make it personal??? So I go back to my original thesis that you have been called stupid all your life.

Fact 10: Quote from previous reply "Well according to you, on a few occasions has helped you from having an accident. So I guess you need VSA, or perhaps it’s to much car for you?!?"
--It has, and I'm not the only one. Need VSA? Probably not, but again I'm also not one of the ones who has crashed my car yet.

More proof that the CL-S is to much car for you.

Fact 11: Quote from previous reply "Anyways…Lighter rims = better performance. If you buy lighter rims you should probably go up a size or two."
--I don't want to go up any size in rims, I like the 17''s that CAME WITH THE EXTRA $2K.

You may not want to, but many other do. My original post applied to modifying the stock CL-S or CL-P. If you got either car and were concerned about performance and looks then you would upgrade your rims. Is that hard for you to understand???

Fact 12: For around $2,000 in mods I could have a CL-P that would be equal or perhaps better than a stock CL-S in terms of straight line performance and also would be able to out hande a stock CL-S. Notice I am saying a modded CL-P against a stock CL-S. I know that a modded CL-S will beat a modded CL-P. So once a CL-S owner adds those mods he would obviously beat the modded CL-P.

Fact 13: You are a moron.

Fact 14: Headers = 20 HP for $1000
CAI = 8-10 HP for $200
Denso and Pulleys = 5-8 HP for $300

So for $1,500 I now have CL-S performance or better.

Fact 15: Springs for $200
Sways for $300

So or $500 I now have a car that will, yes, will out handle a “stock CL-S”.

Fact 16: For my hypothetical $2000 investment I now have a car that I slightly better performer than a stock CL-S.

And I don’t have to put up with the perforated/hairy seats straight out of an 89 Pontiac Firebird.

And I don’t have to look at surplus bowling ball wood in my car. I have the natural looking brown wood in my CL-P.

And I don’t have the white/silver gauges straight out of a Maxima.

Fact 17: I realize that people like those features in their CL-S and I will not attack them if I disagree with their point of view. But I like the interior of the CL-P a lot more and I knew that if I ever want to go faster that I could always add some mods to my car.

Fact 18: Quote from aeon: $3,900 for a car that still won't have the handling characteristics or the power of an S.

Already showed you a few facts ago that I don’t need to spend $4000. For that much I would just get the Comptech supercharger.

Fact 19: Quote from aeon: If this doesn't cover your original point then nothing will in your mind and you are destined to be a Naval lawyer.

Umm, no you didn’t prove a damn thing. And what do you have against JAG?

[This message has been edited by SilverSoCal_CL-P (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 07:05 PM
I've seen this before...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh fuck, we're arguing over our OWN cars?!

------------------

2001 Satin Silver CL-P
"Where's our damn body kit?!"
Old 06-16-2001, 07:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mugen_Power:

</font>
Hey all I did was post that I could add some mods to a CL-P and make it comparable to the stock CL-S, then aeon attacked me and makes it personal.

[This message has been edited by SilverSoCal_CL-P (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 07:15 PM
6SPDCLS

No shit...where is the loyalty in owning an Acura? Seems like some people are having a cow over the CL-P...

I must disagree on one thing. The Xenon HIDs on the CL-P. If it's a CL-P, don't include Xenons...that way, everyone can distinguish between the CL-P vs. CL-S.

Some of the dumbshit things Acura does...just like Sony Vaio laptops...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mugen_Power:

</font>
Old 06-16-2001, 07:16 PM
Instructor

I thought this was going to be just a friendly discussion, I thought the S=Shit and P=poo was funny, but I didnt think anyone would take this kidding around so seriously.
S=Superior!!!

------------------
2001 3.2CL-Type S, No Navig., Satin Silver, Spoiler, mudguards
Old 06-16-2001, 07:28 PM
Learn to swim.

Oh good lord, your back. Well I don't want you to think I'm denying you your next lesson but I've got to go unpack and bring the boat around. I am flattered though that you spent some much time researching my previous posts, I have never had an understudy before--I hope I don't disapoint you. Also I wanted to express to you how marvelous it is that you have been with this board since HA net and how relevant it is to this discussion.

By the way, I am an asshole--but that does not make you right.

Good Evening...
Old 06-16-2001, 08:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aeon:
Oh good lord, your back. Well I don't want you to think I'm denying you your next lesson but I've got to go unpack and bring the boat around. I am flattered though that you spent some much time researching my previous posts, I have never had an understudy before--I hope I don't disapoint you. Also I wanted to express to you how marvelous it is that you have been with this board since HA net and how relevant it is to this discussion.

By the way, I am an asshole--but that does not make you right.

Good Evening...
</font>
Believe me, I do not admire an ass like you. But anyways it looks like I finally proved my point.

1: A CL-P can be modded to be comparable to a stock CL-S.

2: aeon is a dick.

If I had not thoroughly proven my point you probably would have continued on with long worthless posts. You seem to think that you are the shit, well you have proven in this post as well as many others that your are nothing but an obnoxious asshole.

The only reason I brought up H/A.net was because in over a year, you are the biggest ass hole I have come across on this or the other Acura-cl boards.

So go on attacking people on this board, but you will continue to look "stupid".

Old 06-16-2001, 08:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rsuzara:
I thought this was going to be just a friendly discussion, I thought the S=Shit and P=poo was funny, but I didnt think anyone would take this kidding around so seriously.
S=Superior!!!

</font>

That's my whole point, but aeon decided to make it a personal attack upon me. And I have witnessed him do that on to many occasions to other members of this board. This should be a friendly place where we can exchange ideas, but aeon acts like a punk and ruins it for the rest of us.

Old 12-29-2001, 11:54 PM
Race Director

FUCK THIS I AINT READING ALL THIS!!!!!!!

Premium
Old 12-30-2001, 12:06 AM
Pro

Originally posted by e1828
Just playin' I have hairy seats

------------------
2001 Silver CL-S
DOM: 10/2000
i thouught i was the only one that happened to
Old 12-30-2001, 12:31 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you cl-s owners gotta give us cl-p owners some respect, fear the cl-p!!!!!!!!

-briancl
Old 12-30-2001, 12:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by amirsafdari

[KVIT]It's kinda funny that a thread asking a simple question (which was answered in the first reply) has degenerated into a pissing match. Quit with the hijacking already.[/KVIT]

BTW, Premium.
Old 12-30-2001, 02:32 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by vince

[KVIT]It's kinda funny that a thread asking a simple question (which was answered in the first reply) has degenerated into a pissing match. Quit with the hijacking already.[/KVIT]

BTW, Premium.
i was just saying, theres a lot of text to read with the arguments...

Premuim.
Old 12-30-2001, 04:07 AM
Learn to swim.

Amir! Where have you been?

Digging up 6 month old posts I see, well more power to you...
Old 12-30-2001, 03:52 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by aeon
Amir! Where have you been?

Digging up 6 month old posts I see, well more power to you...
No i didnt dig it up, haha i remember that shit.

post it again

Old 12-30-2001, 04:59 PM
Honkey

Acura dubbed it the CL-P (premium) so that people would see that this is NOT just a base model. It has many of the SAME wonderful features that the Type S has, minus the performance. The CL-P is still a really fast car. At the time of purchase I wanted a classy looking car that would be a pimp cruiser. I thought the perforated seats and silver guages were a little too racer looking. Perforamance wasn't too much of a concern because either one was fast, and I was going to add a ton of weight anyhow, so it would just be a waste of a Type-S. However, if I were a performance oriented individual, I think it would be foolish to pass up the Type S. That extra 2 grand is WELL worth it. You can just add I/H/E to a CL-P and maybe keep up with e Type-S, but if that guy with the Type-S adds the same things, you're in the dust. You'll always have an edge with the type-S. (though the comptech supercharger will have geater horsepower gains on the CL-P due to lower compression, so we'll see )
Old 12-30-2001, 05:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by amirsafdari

Premium
haha well well, LOOkEY what we have here!

The return of the OG PW

Thanks for the tip vince lol

may this post rest in peace.