What kind of Firebird/Trans Am did I hang with?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 01:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of Firebird/Trans Am did I hang with?

Okay, so I'm in the middle lane and this Firebird in the right lane pulls up to the stoplight. I haven't raced in a while and didn't really feel like getting pulled over, although I've tried to look for a Firebird to race for the longest time and could never find one (it's always the GT guys that want to start something though ). By the way, I think it was lowered and he had a lvfbody.com decal on his car (local domestic crew). I turned off VSA just in case. So we both take off normal, at the same speed. I kind of sped up, letting him know that I wanted to race him, but too late...he cuts me off to get into the left lane. Okay, so I downshift into 2nd and floor it, I'm about a car length behind him and I'm on his ass. He thought he lost me so he hesitated and slowed down a bit, but I was still hanging...so he keeps going. I couldn't believe it, I was staring at his four exhaust pipes the whole time and just let my car redline for a couple of seconds thinking this couldn't be real BTW, ALOT of smoke was coming from his exhaust. (Is this due to keeping the revs too high?) So I finally decide to shift...I was still hanging with him until 3rd gear redline...on his rear bumper the whole time. Okay, so he had to make a left and we shut it down. From what I remember, I think it was AUTO, 2 center foglights, and a "normal" hood (not like the WS6's that look like monsters). I'm thinking this couldn't be an LS1, because I expect those to beat me by at least 5 car lengths. Does anyone have any knowledge about f-bodies? What did I race? I've gotten smoked worse by a '00 Camaro SS. Hopefully this guy wasn't flooring it. I would be kinda mad knowing that I could've edged him out from a complete stop. I'm thinking it was a '93 Trans Am, those things pulled a 14.8 stock. Or it could've been a '98 T/A just messing with me

By the way, played with a few nice cars in traffic: GS400 on 20"s (some girl driving it, tint was kinda dark so couldn't tell if she was hot or not), Audi TT roadster, CLK430 w/ AMG kit and wheels. Really wished there was a stop light, that would've made my day

Patrick

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: Phat Pat ]