what happens when you dont wear a seat belt

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Sold but not Forgotten...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what happens when you dont wear a seat belt

hope its not a repost but check out this clip....

http://www.949zeta.com/noSeatBelt/noSeatbelt.html

Always buckle up folks...
Old 02-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

that was an excellent demonstration, i bet some of my friends could benefit from this one!
Old 02-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
why was there a camera in the car? can anyone put this into context? looked like he might have gotten his noggin crushed.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by power3dfx
that was an excellent demonstration, i bet some of my friends could benefit from this one!
was it a demonstration??
Old 02-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-16-2004, 11:30 PM

well guys it just shows the damage that can be done... i lost my cuz four yrs ago in a m3 cuz he wasn't wearing a seat belt... hopefully this is a demo, and ppl realize that not wearig a seat belt will really hurt you... and kill you...
Old 02-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Race Director

repost.

but not a demo.

people just don't wear seatbelts. even in one state, it's not even the law required.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Poppin them thangs

looks like he was fallin asleep....
Old 02-17-2004, 06:36 AM
Àú´Â À¯¼ö¹ÎÀÌ¿¡¿ä

first time i've seen it. anyways.. it's better to be safe than sorry. that's why i always wear my seatbelt.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:56 AM
Drifting

holy shit.... iam thank god i also where my seat belt because of the beeping sound....
Old 02-17-2004, 09:33 AM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

I usually don't wear my seatbelt when I'm cruising but on the highway I do.

I still think you shouldn't be required by law to wear a seatbelt until kids on school busses have to wear seatbelts.

Have you seen the video where the bus flips and all the kids just fly to one side of the bus? I think it's someones avatar around here also.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by AK_MOBBER
I usually don't wear my seatbelt when I'm cruising but on the highway I do.

I still think you shouldn't be required by law to wear a seatbelt until kids on school busses have to wear seatbelts.
Yea, I agree because accidents only ever happen on the highway.
They NEVER happen on the local roads when people are “cruising”.
and
Old 02-17-2004, 10:02 AM
www.drippinwet.com

There are many accidents that people have died "because they had there seat belt on" - but remember in pennsylvania, you "have" to wear a seatbelt, but you can ride a motorcycle with no helmet - stupid ass lawmakers
Old 02-17-2004, 10:37 AM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
The camera was in the car because his employer was using a new service for fleet vehicles. They are starting to place cameras in fleet vehicles to see who is a fault when an accident occurs.

It is contantly recording on a loop, and as soon as the device registers an accident, it goes back 30 seconds to see what let up to it and locks it into memory for investigation later. It sort of just loops and loops until something happens then holds it in memory for review. Kind of hard to explain.

I forget the website, but they have plently more of these on their site that you can watch. Kind of interesting.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by acura_service
There are many accidents that people have died "because they had there seat belt on" - but remember in pennsylvania, you "have" to wear a seatbelt, but you can ride a motorcycle with no helmet - stupid ass lawmakers

Don't believe this. Wearing a seatbelt has never killed somebody. Maybe the accident did, but the seatbelt certainly didn't.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:28 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Originally posted by Shawn S
Yea, I agree because accidents only ever happen on the highway.
They NEVER happen on the local roads when people are “cruising”.
and

Well the chances of injury increase as speeds increase so on a lower speed road <40 (a cruising road) you chances of injury are therefore less.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:29 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Originally posted by kensteele

Don't believe this. Wearing a seatbelt has never killed somebody. Maybe the accident did, but the seatbelt certainly didn't.
It has when they are trapped underwater or in a burning vehicle and they can't get the damn seatbelt off.

Save you for something better.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

It IS true that some accidents you are better off WITHOUT the belt, but these are so infrequent that there’s no argument really.
There are thousands of front end collisions that happen for every single rollover fire or water crash.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Race Director

Well the chances of injury increase as speeds increase so on a lower speed road <40 (a cruising road) you chances of injury are therefore less.

What?

In fact, wearing a seatbelt REDUCES your risk of becoming seriously injured in a car crash.

Apparently you're not understanding the definition of "chances" as you used it above, you must be thinking on a crusing road, you going to get into an accident and mostly no injury is the "chance".

Think of it this way in an accident:

65mph, Seatbelts: Survived, few cuts and bruises
65mph, No seatbelts: Killed, multiple fractures, severed spine

40mph, Seatbelts: Survived, shaken up, some flying glass
40mph, No seatbelts: Killed instantly, head went thru windshield

20mph, Seatbelts: Survived, walked away without even a scratch
20mph, No seatbelts: Severely injured, busted kneecap, concussion

How's that.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Team Owner

This thread is almost as funny as that one a few months back about the guy complaining that the seatbelt wrinkled his shirt so he didn’t use it.
That wasn’t YOU was it AK ???
Old 02-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
I've really never understood it. The force of the impact on your body if your arent wearing a seatbelt is 10 times greater than if you were. Are people really that lazy??? Just put your seatbelt on everytime you get in a car, and sooner than you know it you wont be able to drive without it on. I can't stand the feeling of sitting in a car without a seatbelt on. Makes me feel unsafe and weird. People are just to damn stubborn. My dad is this way and still doesnt wear one. All I know is if i wasn't wearing one when my cl got hit and totaled headon at 50 mph i could be dead or atleast have my face implanted in the steering wheel. Because i wore it, i walked away with barely a scratch.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Race Director

It has when they are trapped underwater or in a burning vehicle and they can't get the damn seatbelt off.

Save you :bs for something better.
If you wore the seatbelt around your neck and every other accident was strangling people, I could see. Other than that....

Same bs argument anti-seatbelt advocates keep bringing up. Seatbelts aren't 100% perfect, quoting the isolated cases don't make them a killer.

Cop #1: I wear my bulletproof vest everyday. In case I get shot, it will save my life.
Cop #2: I wouldn't wear that "deathtrap" for nothing. My buddy got shot wearing one of those things. The bullet passed thru the front of the vest (failed), went thru his chest, and when it exited his body, it hit the rear panel of the bulletproof vest, which did stopped it. In fact, the bullet bounced off the rear panel of the vest and cut BACK thru his heart, killed him. No, I'd rather be shot once than twice anyday.

Cop #2: dumbass
Old 02-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
This thread is almost as funny as that one a few months back about the guy complaining that the seatbelt wrinkled his shirt so he didn’t use it.
I hope your fucking joking. And AK sorry buddy but you have no clue. Go take a physics class. You could easily die in a 40-60 mph crash. If anything, you are more likely to crash and get injured on public roads then on the highway.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:41 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Oh I think I do have a clue. I have been in more accidents than I can count.(both high speed and low speed) I didn't say I don't wear my seatbelt you fuckwads, I said I don't wear it on back roads.

It's a personal prefereance and a risk I'm willing to take.

Your chances of injury going slower are less, thats all i'm saying.

I could die tommorow not wearing my seatbelt on a 30 mph road or I could die today not wearing my seatbelt on a 70 mph road.

I choose to wear seatbelts on freeways/interstates and not wear them on back roads. Personal preference, so give it up.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:42 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

no that wasn't me I could give 2 shits about wrinkels in my clothes
Old 02-17-2004, 02:11 PM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
AK, what you fail to realize is that wearing a seatbelt not only increases the chances that you survive an accident, but more importantly, it keeps your ass planted in the seat so that if you begin losing control of the vehicle, you can better control the car and possibly bring it to a safe stop therefore possible saving the lives of others.

Using the video above as reference, If he were wearing a belt, he could have possibly controled the car better and avoided the accident. Instead, his body was flying all over the place and therefore had ZERO control of the vehicle.

Stop thinking of just "yourself", there are others on the road.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:12 PM

Using the video above as reference, If he were wearing a belt, he could have possibly controled the car better and avoided the accident. Instead, his body was flying all over the place and therefore had ZERO control of the vehicle.
best way to put it....
Old 02-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by WILLDOGS
AK, what you fail to realize is that wearing a seatbelt not only increases the chances that you survive an accident, but more importantly, it keeps your ass planted in the seat so that if you begin losing control of the vehicle, you can better control the car and possibly bring it to a safe stop therefore possible saving the lives of others.

Stop thinking of just "yourself", there are others on the road.
well said.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...light=seatbelt
Old 02-17-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm late.

Guys, f'serious, take it from me, wear your fucking seatbelt. I was in a crash when my friend was doing about 80 on a residental 35 mph street... we sent one one was a huge ass parked minivan flying in the air, landed on someone's lawn, and totally crushed another guy's car (also parked). Of course, his car was totally gone as well. At first, I think, "FUCK." And then I realize, I was just fine. I got a rash on my shoulderblade/neck area, and a little booboo around there, but it was better than flying out the windshield at 80 mph. My friend's mom crashed a car at 20 mph and cracked the windsheild with her head and fucked up her knees. She wasn't wearing her seatbelt.

I had my belt on though. Saved my life for serious. In a 97 Accord, no less.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:48 PM
900 club member

I can't even move a car around in the driveway without automatically buckling up, it's a goofy habit that I am pretty glad I've gotten into, even more after seeing that video.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Intermediate

I learned my lesson last month. Thought I was a great driver(been driving since I was 10, now 21, been to racing schools, yada yada.) Driving(moms PT cruiser) home from school I lost control in the rain and slid into oncoming traffic. i was going head on into a delivery truck. The only thing I could think of was damn Ill die if I hit this guy head on (didnt have my safety belt on) Manage to get the car sideways so he hit me on the passenger slide and I slid off the slide of his truck. Passenger side got the impact I didnt even get hurt but the car was destroyed. Thank god no one was with me because god knows what would have happened.

But boy did I learn my lesson. Things can happen so FAST! I wear it all the time now. I learned my lesson!

Plus side though no more PT. Mom just got a new benz way better than that PT LOL. But boy it saved my life!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:06 AM
My Member is Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did anyone save this one? I'm not getting the full vid, it stopped right before impact.