Welcome me to the club...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:41 PM
White as night.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome me to the club...

I have an 03 CL-S with about 58000 miles.

I've had this car since January 01/04/06 and throughout that time this car has been [in my opinion] the greatest car on the road when it comes to value, looks, luxury, and performance. I've recommended this car to many friends and two of them ended up buying one.

Wait.. did I mention the transmission sucks?

I have an automatic transmission (I'm too lazy/laidback to drive stick on a day-to-day basis) so ever since I joined this forum (couple days after I got the car) I always in the back of my mind that the transmission could fail on me.

So last week it started having problems when shifting from 2nd to 3rd and would idle in N for an extra second between those gears. So I started reading up on this and found out it would fail soon. I thought I had a month or so, but boy was I wrong. Yesterday my car started having reeeeeeaaaaaaally long 2nd -> 3rd shift and dropped from 5th to 2nd while I was going 45 mph and would've probably sent my skull into the windshield if I wasn't seatbelted.

The car is sitting on a residential street 30 min from my house, there was no way I was gonna take it on the freeway so I crashed at my dad's and am now using his 98 C230, which besides being a 4 door, feels way smaller than my CL-S. I've got to get the car towed to the dealership at which point they'll do their magic and fix my CL-S.

And lastly, did I mention Acura's warranties are ridiculous?

I have an 03 which means I'm not included in the Transmission recall extension to 7yr/109k.

What the fuck?

Am I not to be included because you guys thought you fixed the transmissions after 02?

Get your heads out of your asses Acura.

The only way I'm getting a new transmission is because they found some "Certified Extended Warranty" from when I bought the car from Santa Monica Acura. The Acura 101 Service Dept. tried to tell me that I had no warranty and would have to either pay 50/50 or would have to get on my knees and ask them nicely...

Anyway, I'm off to the dealership, here's to them not trying to make me buy any other service!

P.S. I'm aggressively seeking a White/Black CL-S 6-Speed!! I know it's rare, but it's the color combo I have and I wouldn't have my CL-S any other way!

R.I.P. Autotragic Transmission 01/17/2008, may you be put down at Acura 101 in peace.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:17 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Looks good, but slam that bitch!