Weird dealer/actuator problem, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Weird dealer/actuator problem, suggestions?

I went to two dealers today in westchester and told them about the bypass valve actuator not working on my car and the loss of power I've experienced in the last two weeks and they both looked at me funny. I schedualed apointments and they don't have the part in stock. I might end up leaving my car there for more than a day and they refuse to order any parts until they test drive the car for power loss. One dealer said that unless the check engine light comes on, they might not be able to diagnose the problem. I'm pissed because they don't have any info on this and I know alot of people have had this prob. One funny thing, I told the service rep that the valve is suposed to click open when I hit 3000-35000 rpm and demonstrated that it didn't do so. he then told me that it supposed to open when in drive. I was like " how do you check that? I told him to check any other type S and he was like well, I don't know, it might be a random thing. then when I was schedualling the apointment, he said I must have been going pretty fast to notice anything at 3500 rpms. I was just silent and shaking my head in disbelief. I don't even know if I want them to fix it now.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:53 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tell that idiot to get under the hood while you drive around at 4000 rpm

Mayble thats how their mechanics trouble shoot engine problems
Old 07-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem at first...but they eventualy looked at another S and agreed it was a problem...the second time it went out (yes you heard me correctly 2nd time) it was easy to get it fixed...I just called and talked to the same guy and he ordered it. If you want I can give you the name and # to the guy here I delt with and maybe he can shed some light on these asses.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by NOLACLS
I had the same problem at first...but they eventualy looked at another S and agreed it was a problem...the second time it went out (yes you heard me correctly 2nd time) it was easy to get it fixed...I just called and talked to the same guy and he ordered it. If you want I can give you the name and # to the guy here I delt with and maybe he can shed some light on these asses.
it'sokay, I just got off the phone with PA, those guys are great. They understood the prob and proceeded to book me an apointment. they also checked to see if they had the part in stock while I was on the phone and ordered it so when i go there, it'll take about 15 minutes to fix. Lifesavers.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:58 AM
Drifting

Glad to hear problem is solved You should call the other pricks and tell them....or better yet bring your paperwork over there and show them
Old 07-02-2003, 08:22 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by NOLACLS
Glad to hear problem is solved You should call the other pricks and tell them....or better yet bring your paperwork over there and show them
Great idea!
Old 07-02-2003, 08:30 AM
6mt
Instructor

out of curiosity, is it pretty obvious if the actuator is broken? how do you tell and do all cls have this problem?
Old 07-02-2003, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by 6mt
out of curiosity, is it pretty obvious if the actuator is broken? how do you tell and do all cls have this problem?
At first, I thought my car was taking too long to pass through the gears when I pinned it. also, I didn't have enough power to accelerate through the beginning of 2-5, it always had to downshift, lastly, I ran with a modded premium, and he totally hauled ass with me, even walked with me to 100mph. Sometimes I felt like it was my mind playing games but I never felt like my car was as fast as it used to be. Then I checked under the hood for everthing, like header connection, CAI connection, exhaust and what not, but everything was kosher. I finally did a check on the IMRC, bypass valve actuator and it didn't work.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Drifting

Mine went out twice...and the first time I thought...hmmmm something dont seem right...and I have seen a lot of peeps on here having problems with the IMRC. That was the first thing I checked and it was out. The 2nd time I know almost the exact second it went out...it feels like a slug compaired to when it is working. its almost like getting a new mod hahaha
Old 07-02-2003, 10:04 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
its good to hear that the car will be in tip top shape soon. Cause god knows when your car is broke you are a pain in the ass. j/k