Water getting into the speakers area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 05:03 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Water getting into the speakers area?

It was raining really hard over here today and my car had been parked outside all day. I get in the car and notice that water was somehow getting into the speakers area and dripping out of that speakers area and into the car. I had my speakers replaced a long time ago and never had this problem before. Any idea what might be wrong? It happened on both the front driver and passenger side doors. My windows and doors were completely shut so that wasn't the problem.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a helms look at the drainage points that run on the upper beams... I remember reading about drainage points.. Somehow you either got blockage or tapped a hole into one of the drainage points and it is leaking inside the car..

Just a thought..
Old 10-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Water getting into the speakers area?

Originally posted by Nitin
It was raining really hard over here today and my car had been parked outside all day. I get in the car and notice that water was somehow getting into the speakers area and dripping out of that speakers area and into the car. I had my speakers replaced a long time ago and never had this problem before. Any idea what might be wrong? It happened on both the front driver and passenger side doors. My windows and doors were completely shut so that wasn't the problem.
I've had exactly the same problem, happens when i wash the car also Next time i'm in for service, i'm gonna have them fix it.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Water getting into the speakers area?

Originally posted by Nitin
did you install aftermarket speakers? i had the same problem. the issue was the plastic cover inside the door was letting water in. i had to cover up all the holes on that piece of white plastic. as a precautionary measure, i used these as well to protect my speakers. http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=0&cc=01&avf=N