Warranty Gold aftermarket warranty - DO NOT BUY!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 06:31 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Gold aftermarket warranty - DO NOT BUY!!!!!

I bought my policy over a year ago, and went to file my first claim today for my Alternator and Window Regulator motor at Criswell Acura. THE COMPANY IS GOING THROUGH A LIQUIDATION!!!!!

Basically, a liquidation is equivilent to a bankruptcy. This company touts that it's backed up with all these bonds that has good ratings from Moody's and Standard and Poor's and crap, and these fuckers are going broke. They told the dealer for me to pay the claim, and then file for reimbursement. FUCK THAT!!! I am getting a lawyer and checking to see if I can sue these bastards because the ONLY reason I went with them over an ACURA extended warranty because their terms were longer for the same price. They basically covered the same parts, just these guys gave me 50K more miles on the warranty and claimed to be in great financial standing when they sold me the warranty. I want my damn $1500 back! I can't go to Acura and get an extended warranty now, I'm fucked!

I am going to get my car fixed, file a claim, and look into a class action lawsuit to seek compensation. If these fuckers are going down, I want to do my part and jump on the ship while it's sinking! I owe them that much!

Anybody else jump on this ship while it was afloat, if so, speak out and be heard.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:39 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, Dennis!

That sucks! :angry:

Time to kick some legal ass!

BTW: Why did you go to Criswell? Rosenthal is right up the block from 'ya.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Team Owner

YUP……….

I told you guys MONTHS ago to only go with the Acura Care extended warranty.
These “fly by night” companies fold all the time and leave people like you holding a worthless piece of paper.

Shawn S
Old 09-09-2003, 02:49 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Shawn S
YUP……….

I told you guys MONTHS ago to only go with the Acura Care extended warranty.
These “fly by night” companies fold all the time and leave people like you holding a worthless piece of paper.

Shawn S
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...light=warranty
Old 09-09-2003, 04:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Suprising, Warranty gold has been around a while. I still wouldn't use them though.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:04 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
I'll move this to Car Talk. People need to be informed about this.

That totally sucks!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 05:13 AM

That really sucks. I didn't know Criswell was going under!

Are they selling a bunch of shit for dirt cheap?!
Old 09-09-2003, 05:18 AM
Advanced

Always purchase your warranties from the Acura Dealer but only offer them 45% of what they are charging. Remember that the department that sells you that Warranty is the most profitible Department at any new car dealer. They buy those warranties in bulk and sell them to you at a very high cost just like a case of Sodas. My wife got hers for $465 and they were asking $1100.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:28 AM
CL 6 speeder

A fool and his money.....
Old 09-09-2003, 06:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

does anyone know when is last chance to get an extended warranty after my factory 4 year or 50k runs out?
Old 09-09-2003, 06:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Quincy
Always purchase your warranties from the Acura Dealer but only offer them 45% of what they are charging. Remember that the department that sells you that Warranty is the most profitible Department at any new car dealer. They buy those warranties in bulk and sell them to you at a very high cost just like a case of Sodas. My wife got hers for $465 and they were asking $1100.
how did you do that ?
Old 09-09-2003, 06:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

dajuice27: try calling all local dealerships and see if they will take you in.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:33 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: Warranty Gold aftermarket warranty - DO NOT BUY!!!!!

Originally posted by dajuice27
I bought my policy over a year ago, and went to file my first claim today for my Alternator and Window Regulator motor at Criswell Acura. THE COMPANY IS GOING THROUGH A LIQUIDATION!!!!!

Basically, a liquidation is equivilent to a bankruptcy. This company touts that it's backed up with all these bonds that has good ratings from Moody's and Standard and Poor's and crap, and these fuckers are going broke. They told the dealer for me to pay the claim, and then file for reimbursement. FUCK THAT!!! I am getting a lawyer and checking to see if I can sue these bastards because the ONLY reason I went with them over an ACURA extended warranty because their terms were longer for the same price. They basically covered the same parts, just these guys gave me 50K more miles on the warranty and claimed to be in great financial standing when they sold me the warranty. I want my damn $1500 back! I can't go to Acura and get an extended warranty now, I'm fucked!

I am going to get my car fixed, file a claim, and look into a class action lawsuit to seek compensation. If these fuckers are going down, I want to do my part and jump on the ship while it's sinking! I owe them that much!

Anybody else jump on this ship while it was afloat, if so, speak out and be heard.
I too have the same warranty coverage - have used them in the past without incident but am interested in joining your class action suite. Haven't used them recently. WEent to their web site and all seems OK on the surface. Even went as far as to inquire about a warranty for my TSX - haven't heard back from them yet.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

BEWARE of the dealer,,, I know of people who were told to pay up cash and that the warrenty didn't cover the claim,,, After contacting the warrenty co we found out that YES the dealer was payed the same day they charged them for the service,,, Dealer claimed book error and refunded them the money,, again BEWARE, not all dealers work this way but it has happened...
Old 09-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GoldieAlek
does anyone know when is last chance to get an extended warranty after my factory 4 year or 50k runs out?
3 years 364 days, or 49,999 miles.

It's more expensive the closer you are to the 4/50.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Burning Brakes

How did you figure out that Warranty Gold is going through a liquidation?
Old 09-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Banned

Re: Warranty Gold aftermarket warranty - DO NOT BUY!!!!!

Warranty Gold has been in trouble for a while now. It's been on the net for at least 2 yrs that they been having problems.

Warranty Direct is the bigger more reliable one which I went through after reading about all of them.

Originally posted by dajuice27

Old 09-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Advanced

I have it to. What can and should we do?
Old 09-09-2003, 05:29 PM
Advanced

I found this...
"If you've heard of a major warranty administrator going bankrupt and filing for chapter 11, you are correct. National Warranty Insurance Group (NWIG) was an A- rated AM BEST administrator that was based in the Caymen Islands. Warranty Gold had used them for some time as their policy administrator. If you purchased a warranty through them before June 6, 2003, you will have problems getting claims paid for a little while, as the administrator of your policy is in chapter 11 proceedings. Warranty Gold, being a good company, switched to a new administrator and their new policies are working normally."

I have a policy thats just over a year old. I havent needed to use them yet. Definitly more research is to be done, but tomorrow I'll call around and see whats doing.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:45 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Thanks fellas,

But Shawn, I bought this warranty long before you said anything. I also made inquiries to people in this forum for over a month before making what seemed to be the most educated decision at the time. More people responded the way I did, and I heard more negative comments about the Acura factory warranty and filing of claims. I bought this policy as insurance in case something happened to my car, I hoped never to use it.

To the rat bastard who wrote " A fool and his money..." I am not even going to respond to that comment. You are entitled to your opinion.

Rick, I did take it to Rosenthal, I just had Criswell on the brain because I drove past it earlier today and started negotiations on an MDX. It just got stuck in my brain.

I do plan on finding out more info on this claim. If they are still in business, then they are going to either accept and pay my claim, or Jackie Styles, Johnnie Cochran, Robert Shapiro, Ken Starr and Steve young are going to hem those bastards up for a LARGE FEE!

Refund or pay up is my motto!!!!!!