Want to paint/powdercoat rims, but what, where, how in CA?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004 | 02:15 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to paint/powdercoat rims, but what, where, how in CA?

I've been noticing rims that are painted black and have a chrome lip are sick! I currently have axis seven mods 19's. I am interested in painting them, but know very little. Now powdercoating is the better alternative right? WHere would I go for something like this? I live in the Bay Area, CA. And also, I know there are different variations of black, which one do you guys suggest? I think that gunmetal looks clean too. How much would it cost me? Any kind of info would help, because I am clueless when it comes to this. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2004 | 02:49 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Yellow Pages are your friend, use them. Business to Business will give you better leads.
Old 10-26-2004 | 05:00 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, powder coating is the way to go

I do powder coating and have for 15 years.

I have a guide from the powder coating institute. Please give me about five cities that you are in range of, starting with little ones (I'm guessing here, say a town like Covina) going up to big ones (San Fran, LA, etc.)

Shipping is usually the killer here, so I want to try to find you someplace close. Is San Fran, particurlarly, Pittsburg, CA, close to you? If so, you might want to try these guys. They powder coated my wheels, and if gunmetal interests you, check out their black pearl chrome finish, like I have.

All you need to do is demount the tires, remove all balance weights and cut off the valve stems. And if your wheels have some curb rash they can fix that too.

Last I checked, 600$ for a set of four, which in my opinion is quite reasonable.

www.goodrichtechnology.com

Tell gary that Dave F. from Illinois referred you to him.

Advise me if you have plastic wheel center caps. I have a solution for that, as long as they are circular and dead flat.
Old 10-26-2004 | 06:32 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
www.goodrichtechnology.com

locc,
There's a local shop here in So. Cal that does the process described above for $150/wheel. Pacific Motorsports if I'm not mistaken.