vtec.net: manual tranny for 2002 cl...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 08:45 AM
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoldTypeS:
Shawn S....

so how much are you selling the CL for??
</font>
Well I doubt this is true, but if it is.......YES I WILL BE GETTING ONE.

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 04-26-2001, 08:49 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amirsafdari:
Do you guys realize that there will be people with a possible 6-speed posting here?? and we will be the "auto guys"!!!

Now i know how the 99'TL people felt after the 2000 had the 5speed auto..ALSO, i now know how they felt again after they didnt wait till 2002..and i also know how the CL owners that wanted a TL, but also 260hp felt like when the TL-S came out...

</font>
See? Now ya know how it feels. Have some love for being the underdog now.

I think the only redeeming thing about bein an "auto guy" now is being experienced. You can school the new guys about what parts fit, wheel choices, tire sizes, best prices for TL/CL parts, sunroof problem, rattles.

------------------
Kenny
Slow TL
Old 04-26-2001, 09:07 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Just a couple of notes:

1. Personally I'd be psyched to see the manual and I'd be very excited to see the first dyno numbers of the car.

2. For me, the sportshift is better than nothing and I am quite happy with my car right now. Resale will be much better with the auto.

3. It's going to be a bitch to keep those front wheels planted and from getting chewed up with a manual.

4. One really good thing for the real enthusiasts here is the following:
Comptech supercharger will have no problem being mated now!!!
Do you think Comptech had wind of this? It always made me kind of wonder why they were putting together this supercharger for a car that would have to have more than minor transmission work to handle the extra power. That doesn't seem like Comptech's concervative style. Hell, they didn't even make an intake b/c they THOUGHT the car was too luxury oriented and nobody would want one.
Hmmmm.

------------------
Black/black CLS
Comptech headers, springs, swaybars
Koni yellows
Polarg M6 road lamps
Solaris Hi beams
Potenza RE730 225/45/17
Red AEM CAI
Denso Iridium plugs
35% metallic tint
Old 04-26-2001, 11:35 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Those jackasses at the dealership told me Acura would never put a 6 speed in a CL. I am so pissed right now, I could have easily waited for the 2002 model. Don't get me wrong I still love my car, but I would rather have a stick!

------------------
Drive Fast Live Fast!
Old 04-26-2001, 11:44 AM
Suzuka Master

I for one will be first in line for the manual. Once I know when the first manual will be showing up at Nalley Acura the stocks pieces will go right back on and the pumpkin will be taken to the dealer and a manual will be driven home (with the mods waiting to be added on to the new ride).

Although it will cost $$ to make this change, it is something I would prefer and will gladly pay for. Hell, I always get screwed when it come to cars why not continue the streak..

Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard of a sell to my wife since she hate the current color anyway...
Old 04-26-2001, 11:47 AM
KISS MY

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by superdds:
my point exactly minus about 2 f*** words.

</font>

All car compaines do this.. its life thats way I lease... upgrade.....

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
Bose Mods.. Mod's to come headers and springs
Old 04-26-2001, 11:51 AM
Racer

If they DO make a manual for out cars, can I have my auto swaped out????? Any speculations! Please respond to this, I love the car (first I evr bought) and I would LOVE a manual!

------------------
Silver S
Black Xephyr Intake
Valentine 1 (Hard wired)
Old 04-26-2001, 12:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

LOL... you know what's funny... everyone on here getting all pissed and / or excited over an internet rumor. That cracks me up. Did you also know that if you send an email to 500 friends and then forward it to Microsoft they'll give you $5000!!

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0 ** Some mods, but who cares, I want a Type-S!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum

Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 04-26-2001, 12:11 PM
Suzuka Master

I kinda like the SS, and would only trade in my S if they came out w/ a short ratio 6 speed. w/ only 1 overdrive instead of 2 overdrive gears. Don't wanna get F@#$ed again.

And if they used some quality paint w/ some real clear coat.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter.Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-26-2001, 12:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn S:
Well I doubt this is true, but if it is.......YES I WILL BE GETTING ONE.

Shawn S
</font>
Really?? You doubt this is true?? For me, this is all but set in stone. Think about it... an executive VP makes this statement publicly. How could they NOT do it? Do you really think they'd throw that bone out there and then just not do it?? Acura is in danger of becoming known as a car for old-farts.... kinda like Toyota is now. Toyota is DESPERATELY trying to change that because it's a death wish for sales. The key to success for any automotive company is to get them in the door when they're young, and earn their loyalty so they keep coming back. I don't see where Acura even has a choice in this matter. It's do or die.
Old 04-26-2001, 12:16 PM
Racer

OK OK is it possible though????

------------------
Silver S
Black Xephyr Intake
Valentine 1 (Hard wired)
Old 04-26-2001, 12:21 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm somewhat confused about some car buyers. When shopping for a car I decide auto or manual, rwd or fwd...etc. I do not for instance buy a fwd and then hope that it can be turned into a rwd. Ridiculous. When buying a car I would think that opting for an autotranny means that an autotranny is what you wanted from the jump. If the dealer told you that a manual will never find its way into the CLS and you wanted a manual, then you have to walk away looking for something that suits you better. Why get pissed, jealous whatever when some later model comes out with a manual option when after thinking hard about a $30G purchase, you bought an autotranny? Didn't you buy what you wanted in the first place?

Sorry but the bitching about Acura (possibly) now making a CLS w/manual and how unfair it is sounds like some are not happy with what the car is about in the first place. Don't blame Acura for adding (rumored) more options.

Just my op.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
White\Black
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
Navigation System
Burlwood Shifter
Guards+Fenderwell Trim
PIAA16969
Smokers Package
My Car
Old 04-26-2001, 12:48 PM
magnet

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dyno_CL-S:
dudes.... sell ur cars(or have your friend lose the car in some lake or canal) and save ur pesos!!! geez, %#$@!!</font>
true

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished, vtec timing

my old car www.hondatech.org/99acv6ic.html
my cl http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...064&Sequence=0
Old 04-26-2001, 01:01 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life:
Those jackasses at the dealership told me Acura would never put a 6 speed in a CL. I am so pissed right now, I could have easily waited for the 2002 model. Don't get me wrong I still love my car, but I would rather have a stick!

</font>
If you ever want to know anything about what new features a car may have in the future, the last person you would ever want to ask is a car dealer.
Old 04-26-2001, 01:58 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Al Uminum:
I'm somewhat confused about some car buyers. When shopping for a car I decide auto or manual, rwd or fwd...etc. I do not for instance buy a fwd and then hope that it can be turned into a rwd. Ridiculous. When buying a car I would think that opting for an autotranny means that an autotranny is what you wanted from the jump. If the dealer told you that a manual will never find its way into the CLS and you wanted a manual, then you have to walk away looking for something that suits you better. Why get pissed, jealous whatever when some later model comes out with a manual option when after thinking hard about a $30G purchase, you bought an autotranny? Didn't you buy what you wanted in the first place?

Sorry but the bitching about Acura (possibly) now making a CLS w/manual and how unfair it is sounds like some are not happy with what the car is about in the first place. Don't blame Acura for adding (rumored) more options.

Just my op.

</font>

because for me, the CL is what i wanted, and not having a manual was a big disadvantage but it was about the only one i could find.
Old 04-26-2001, 06:25 PM
Pro

Hey dudes.... if they were going to come out with a manual on the CL-S they would've made one for the Accord V6. Same stuff and more people buy the Accord. The crowd that buys the CL is too small.

If they were to come out with one... guess what? My car is gone in a heartbeat and I'd be the owner or a new CL-S or TL-S. TL preferred. Acutally I dunno if I would sell my car... it's kinda my toy so I could actually schedule some downtime for it.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
rubber tires, windshield wipers, headlights, horn, steering wheel, BRAKE PEDAL, clutch, brake pads, driver seat, passenger seat, back seat, front windshield, rear windshield (with defroster), lumbar support, cruise control, intermitent wiper control, sun roof (tinted), engine, pistons (only 4), emergency brake handle, trunk w/ tools, spare tire
Old 04-26-2001, 06:40 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SC TL:
If you ever want to know anything about what new features a car may have in the future, the last person you would ever want to ask is a car dealer.</font>
I guess you are right, I have learned a valuable lesson.

------------------
Drive Fast Live Fast!

[This message has been edited by Black CL-S 4-Life (edited 04-26-2001).]
Old 04-26-2001, 07:51 PM
Advanced

So, given that this happens, any thoughts on 0-60 and 1/4 times? Anyone think comptech will speed up the SC development? Anyone wanna buy a nice black CL-S with spoiler and NAVI for 27-28?

------------------
---------
2001 Black CL-S Navi, spoiler, visor, PIAA 19169s
Old 04-26-2001, 11:40 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:

because for me, the CL is what i wanted, and not having a manual was a big disadvantage but it was about the only one i could find.
</font>
Ok but Christ, why settle for THAT disadvantage (your description not mine)? Thats not exactly like settling for blue when you might have wanted black. Or choosing the CLP instead of a Type-S. Choosing a manual makes the whole driving experience a different one as you know.
Old 04-27-2001, 12:44 AM
Banned

The transmission totally changes the feel of the car. My old car (92 Integra) was a 5 speed. My friend had the same car but its an auto. They are totally different cars. His car felt about 500lbs heavier. I made a similar decision as CLpower when I bought my CL-S. I won't say I regret buying the car, but even after a full 13 months away from a stick, my left foot still twitches sometimes. If these rumors are true about the manual, I've got a serious financial dilema on my hands.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CL Type S with Spoiler and Navi
Charter member of the Scratched Rim Club
Old 04-27-2001, 03:07 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

damn, this post made my day-time to cash in on that lease and buy it this time.

you guys should be happy-it's one less thing that the car mags will be able to dis us for-maybe now we'll get more of the respect that our cars deserve

------------------
you are not your fukking signature.