a visit to comptech

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 11:58 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a visit to comptech

Hey Guys,
I live in the Bay Area and was driving up to Tahoe on Friday. This conveniently takes you by Comptech, so I decided to stop by for a visit. My intention was actually to see if the 13" Brembo's would fit both sets of wheels for my CL-S. (street wheels/track wheels.) For those of you with the SSR Competition wheels in 17x8, they will fit.(clear the caliper) Anyway, Mike B. was nice enough to give me a tour of the place, including the V6 Accord that is being used to develop the supercharger. The supercharger was partially installed in the Accord, but lots of work is needed before it is ready. It sits about where the battery is and a tube with a drive shaft inside runs all the way over to the pulleys on the passenger side. They presently have a very small battery installed but there really isn't room for it, and I suggested moving it to the trunk. Mike said that they would rather not, but they might consider it. Based on what I saw, they are a long way from production, but at least they were working on it. By the way, Mike was great, and it was kind of like a fat kid walking through a giant candy store, e.g. carbon fiber everything laying around, super chargers,Brembo's, CNC aluminum pieces, etc.
Kevin
Old 04-09-2001, 12:06 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 634 Likes on 281 Posts
Kevin, do the brembos fit inside the stock wheels?

------------------
Astroboy out...

2001 Acura CL Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, Volk Racing SE37's in 18", goodridge braided brake lines, AEM CAI (blue), APEXi V-AFC, full kicker system, 13" Brembo's on the way with slotted discs for the rear
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks, ported and polished, crillo rods, new valvetrain
1995 VW Golf: 1999 VR6 Swap, H&R Coil Overs, neuspeed strut bars, neuspeed sway bars, 2.5" Stainless TT exhaust w/ Borla, 13" AP Racing big brakes
Old 04-09-2001, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
i just talked with mikeB the other day just paging through auto mag saw the comptech add and called i figured what the hell ill ask for mike..he was cool talked for 15 minutes or so im trying to figure out how to make the comp spirngs work for me eliminate the rake old news i know but it was cool talking to mike just my 2cents

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit
Old 04-09-2001, 03:37 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Astroboy:
Kevin, do the brembos fit inside the stock wheels?

</font>
Astro,
I no longer own a set of the stock wheels. I had a 17x8 OZ wheel and a 17x8 SSR wheel.
Kevin
Old 04-09-2001, 03:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

If they let ya, take some pics next time. Tell them the nuts from the internet need some inspiration

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
-Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Prolarg M-6 lamps
Planning: Comptech Headers, Sways, CAI
Old 04-09-2001, 06:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Those guys at CompTech are way cool. Mike knows his stuff, plus they've got a sweet job! (They are some of the few that get to drive one of the very badest NSX's ever!) When they came to Fresno it was cool just BS'ing with them. They brought the NSX and the Integra they use for their ads and shows (the Integra is actually a customers daily driver). It was sooo sweet when they came down, the NSX was killer, and the 'Teg was sweet too. The 'Teg's owner has a child seat in the back, that would be cool to be the kid that gets to ride in that!!!!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL Non-Navi
Satin Silver
35% Metal Tint