VIPER Control of CL Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 08:20 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIPER Control of CL Sunroof

I have a 2001 CL-Type S (w/ Navi) and have put in a VIPER 800 ESP alarm with remote engine start, window controls, Nite-Lite, alarm pager. The last step was to have the sunroof control (529T or 530T) added...but no luck. The installers say that the sunroof is very technical the way it opens and closes. The sunroof control is supposed to close the roof when arming the VIPER, and open the roof from the remote control. The problem is the closing of the roof, it closes but then bumps back open to the vent position. The VIPER mfg (DEI) says simple "use micro switches", but this does not satisfy the installers. There must have been someone out there that has tried this and gotten it to work. Would appreciate any information that can be offered to get a specific solution for the installers! Thanks!!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:06 PM
I LOVE MY CAR

Sorry.. don't know of anyone that did this, but I think it would kick azz if you get it to work...

good luck :thumbs:

DOM
Old 05-15-2002, 10:27 PM
Instructor

hey....you alarm system sounds pretty coo......what is a remote starter? so the engine starts by itself without the key??? .
oh yeah and how did u pay for this....i reallie want one hehe
Old 05-15-2002, 10:29 PM
Instructor

hey....you alarm system sounds pretty coo......what is a remote starter? so the engine starts by itself without the key??? .
Old 05-16-2002, 01:05 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One of the guys on the TL board had a schematic and a parts list for making the sunroof a one touch open and close. I am not sure if it did both. I will try and find the link later. If this circutry is in place, maybe your alarm will work better????? When I find the post, I will link it here!!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Having the sunroof do that, just isn't worth the trouble. What will happen if it died, then the dealer saw all this rigged harware on it, you think they will cover it under warranty? For me it's too HOT in FL to even have the sunroof open. Even in Febuary. I hate the thing! I'd rather have the extra headroom. However it can be done, but like other's have said you have to rewire it.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: VIPER Control of CL Sunroof

Originally posted by Jay CL Type-S
I have a 2001 CL-Type S (w/ Navi) and have put in a VIPER 800 ESP alarm with remote engine start, window controls, Nite-Lite, alarm pager. The last step was to have the sunroof control (529T or 530T) added...but no luck. The installers say that the sunroof is very technical the way it opens and closes. The sunroof control is supposed to close the roof when arming the VIPER, and open the roof from the remote control. The problem is the closing of the roof, it closes but then bumps back open to the vent position. The VIPER mfg (DEI) says simple "use micro switches", but this does not satisfy the installers. There must have been someone out there that has tried this and gotten it to work. Would appreciate any information that can be offered to get a specific solution for the installers! Thanks!!
Jay, I had the 550ESP Remote Start, Window Controls, and Alarm installed. My installer said he could do mine for the 100 bucks but haven't had him do it yet. I think I may, since I hate closing the sunroof while getting out of the Car. Also gonna have him set the Alarm to put the windows down too. Let me know if you want the name of the installer. He was recommended by the Acura Dealer to doing work for them. I live in Central Jersey too, he is in Ocean NJ, right next to the Acura Dealer. Jonathan
Old 05-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Cruisin'

Remote start

Originally posted by 32vv1ll

Remote starter is an accessory that can be part of an alarm or a separate module by itself. DEI is the manufacturer of the most popular ones, the brand name being VIPER. Recommend VIPER products highly. This allows you to press a button on the VIPER remote control and your engine will start(can also add your keyless entry and trunk pop to this as well), yes it is safe, it monitors your RPMs to prevent over/under rev and will auto shut-off after 12 or 24 or 60 minutes (your option...go with 24...12 too short, 60 too long) if you don't get in and drive the car. The purpose is leave your climate controls on and your car will be pre-heated or pre-cooled when you step inside. If you find a good installer, they can have it also turn on your rear defroster as well. And yes, no one can drive the car because to disengage the remote start mode, you must put your key in the ignition and turn to ON and press your brake pedal and drive---if no key, the car will stall. Recommend it highly. Let me know if anything else!

Oh, please automatic cars only--some people have had their 5-speeds drive through their garage!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:47 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by AztecRol
One of the guys on the TL board had a schematic and a parts list for making the sunroof a one touch open and close. I am not sure if it did both. I will try and find the link later. If this circutry is in place, maybe your alarm will work better????? When I find the post, I will link it here!!
Much appreciated if you can track this down for me. It sounds like it my be a possible answer, the VIPER sunroof control is also supposed to do one-touch open and close...its just the "stay" closed that's the problem, the VIPER doesn't know when the roof is closed, so it goes back open to the vent position. Must be a way!!!

Thanks!!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:54 PM
Cruisin'

Re: Re: VIPER Control of CL Sunroof

Originally posted by NJ_CLS_driver

Jay, I had the 550ESP Remote Start, Window Controls, and Alarm installed. My installer said he could do mine for the 100 bucks but haven't had him do it yet. I think I may, since I hate closing the sunroof while getting out of the Car. Also gonna have him set the Alarm to put the windows down too. Let me know if you want the name of the installer. He was recommended by the Acura Dealer to doing work for them. I live in Central Jersey too, he is in Ocean NJ, right next to the Acura Dealer. Jonathan
Thanks for the info, but you are likely going to be in the same place I am. All these installers say "it should be no problem to be done", but once you authorize the work, they get in there and they learn that things were more complicated than expected...and is the case with the 2001 CL sunroof. I will keep you informed of what I learn and if you would please do the same. But maybe your guy knows something my 2 installers don't....this requires technical research and planning, they usually don't have the time for it...thus I am seeking help and solutions!!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:56 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by JasonT
Having the sunroof do that, just isn't worth the trouble. What will happen if it died, then the dealer saw all this rigged harware on it, you think they will cover it under warranty? For me it's too HOT in FL to even have the sunroof open. Even in Febuary. I hate the thing! I'd rather have the extra headroom. However it can be done, but like other's have said you have to rewire it.
I know, I know its a risk....but being optimistic (and stubborn). Thanks!
Old 05-16-2002, 09:38 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Remote start

Originally posted by Jay CL Type-S
Oh, please automatic cars only--some people have had their 5-speeds drive through their garage!
You can do manual cars, just need the circuitry that tests if you have it in gear or not. If in gear, it won't start. Thus you need to leave it in neutral beforehand (parking brake on of course) if you want to use the remote start. If anyone wants basic info (nothing specific to the CL since I have yet to do this) on how to do this I can find out...