Update on the Total Number of 2003 M/T Produced

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:34 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update on the Total Number of 2003 M/T Produced

And the update is that there is no update.

There was a thread a few weeks ago where some of us six-speed folks were pondering how many of the M/T cars were produced and/or sold, especially now that the CL production has been scheduled to halt this summer. We were wondering if there really were only 2700 made as Acura had stated in the early 2002 press releases concerning the 2003 model year.

I sent a snail mail letter (with letterhead, my VIN, et cetera, so it was honest and on the up-and-up) about two weeks ago asking American Honda if the 2700 number was true, or if not, how many M/T were made. I also asked how many were made with the Navigation System option. This was my reply that I received in the mail today:
Dear Mr. xxxx:

Thank you for your recent contact to our office. We appreciate the opportunity to hear our customer's questions and concerns. Our office has reviewed your request for information on the number of 2003 Acura CL vehicles produced with manual transmissions and the navigation system. While we would like to aid you in your search for this information, we must respectfully decline your request for such details pertaining to material that is considered to be of a proprietary nature.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write us, and allowing us the opportunity to respond.

Sincerely,
SERVICE OPERATIONS
AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC.
xxxx xxxxx
Acura Client Services
I guess they don't want the production information released. Oh well, it would have been nice to know.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
they were probably like :whocares: