update: Getting new CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 10:50 AM
SatinCL

Congrats bro.....I never doubted you for a minute.
Old 07-16-2001, 10:56 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Red Rider:
<STRONG>Congrats Soopa, glad to see you'll still be with us.
Did you check to see if any RSX buyers test drove your new car !! J/K</STRONG>

Yeah! Anyone looking to just TEAR UP a CL-S, you can test drive a Black/Parchment w/NAV today only at PAA.
Old 07-16-2001, 12:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah! Anyone looking to just TEAR UP a CL-S, you can test drive a Black/Parchment w/NAV today only at PAA.[/QB][/QUOTE]

I "think" saw Jens there yesterday trying Fiftyfoot burn outs. He only made 10 feet but he kept trying.

Old 07-16-2001, 01:29 PM
Rx Master

wow i cant believe that adam, i just heard the bad and good news. congrats on the new car amd im sorry about the bitchiness of girls, mine is a piece of work alot of times too. well good luck, and ill chat with u on IM.
wg
Old 07-16-2001, 05:14 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Soopa- sure you don't want the X intake installed?
Old 07-16-2001, 05:33 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Funny thing about Joe D (Soopa's salesman).....

When I was shopping around for my CL-S, I talked to Joe at Park Ave Acura. There was a black Type-S Navi that had just come off the truck. The car was still wrapped in plastic, inside and out.

Joe asked me if I'd like to take a test drive. Of course, I told him.

Well, he got the keys to the black Type-S started it up and less than ten secons later, put his foot to the floor while pulling out of the dealership. Then he looked over at me to see my reaction. He was probably thinking that I was gonna be impressed with the acceleration of the car, but instead, I was thinking how much of an asshole he was for taking a car with 4 miles on it that had an ice-cold engine (this was back in March) and beating the shit out of it.

He asked me if I wanted the car, and I told him that I'd never buy a new car from PAA if this is the way the staff drives the cars.

Nothing against, Park Ave Acura, but Joe D is a total dick.

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Tom2 ]
Old 07-16-2001, 05:34 PM
Unregistered Member

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Tom2 ]
Old 07-16-2001, 08:53 PM
CL-Vet

Soopa, I'm suprised you didn't wait and get the blue. I remember how pissed you were that you had wanted blue (for the first cl-s).
It should help your ticket/license problems...red looks faster than black!!

Good Luck!!!

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: RayRay ]
Old 07-16-2001, 09:15 PM
Race Director

tom2, hate to break it to you,

but all dealerships, and salesman, all the people that work there, all do this to the new cars.

my ex-dealership last week, i heard almost every other staff member say how the pushed the new type s resx to the limit...
Old 07-17-2001, 01:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

black IS a nice ride

when i was looking for a cl they only had one black one in stock, with parchment and navi...i was contemplating at first, because i REALLY wanted a black cl with black interior, but they said it would take another month or so for a black on black type s (which i still think is BS, they just wanted me to buy the car on the spot....and they said a black one just came in off the truck...more BS)...i didn't really care that much because i was originally was going to get an accord v6, so any cl would do...i fell in love with the interior once i sat in it...didn't even care about the color...didn't even ask for a test drive...i ended up signing a lease because i just had to have it...i love the black/parchment/navi combo, the classiest IMO!

there's nothing wrong with your purchase at ALL...you have a pimp ride!!!

Patrick

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Phat Pat ]
Old 07-17-2001, 01:24 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by amirsafdari:
<STRONG>tom2, hate to break it to you,

but all dealerships, and salesman, all the people that work there, all do this to the new cars.

...</STRONG>
I don't think so.....

I spent time working at more than one auto dealership. Most competent people realize that its stupid to really "abuse" a new car with an ice-cold engine. Simply letting the engine reach full operating temperature before driving it really hard would be the smarter thing to do.

Don't think that ALL dealership employees are assholes, 'cause they're not...
Old 07-17-2001, 02:01 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Tom2:
<STRONG>

I don't think so.....

I spent time working at more than one auto dealership. Most competent people realize that its stupid to really "abuse" a new car with an ice-cold engine. Simply letting the engine reach full operating temperature before driving it really hard would be the smarter thing to do.

Don't think that ALL dealership employees are assholes, 'cause they're not...</STRONG>
Tom2, i see your point and i agree, but i think what amirsafdari is saying is that most dealership's employees beat on the cars some how..Which I would have to agree to. I have been in the automotive industry for over 10 years and i would have to say EVERY dealership i know has at least SOMEONE that will beat on the cars..I know when ever a new model comes out, most sales people and managers will take turns pushing the car to it's limits..I know for an example when the C5 vette came out in 97,the first one the dealership got in was pushed so hard that it would come back smoking each time an empolyee would take it for a run!! The car was sold two days later to someone that had no idea!! So, I know it's a dumb thing to do, but it happens, A LOT!!!
Old 07-17-2001, 02:15 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by ATLCL-S:
<STRONG>

Tom2, i see your point and i agree, but i think what amirsafdari is saying is that most dealership's employees beat on the cars some how..Which I would have to agree to. I have been in the automotive industry for over 10 years and i would have to say EVERY dealership i know has at least SOMEONE that will beat on the cars..I know when ever a new model comes out, most sales people and managers will take turns pushing the car to it's limits..I know for an example when the C5 vette came out in 97,the first one the dealership got in was pushed so hard that it would come back smoking each time an empolyee would take it for a run!! The car was sold two days later to someone that had no idea!! So, I know it's a dumb thing to do, but it happens, A LOT!!!</STRONG>
Of course when new car comes out (with more horsepower) the dealership employees want to "test it out".

But my point is that not EVERYBODY at a dealership will abuse the new cars that they drive.

And certainly Joe D looks like a total asshole for doing it in front of ME as a prospective new car buyer.

If that guy had brains, he'd be dangerous.
Old 07-17-2001, 05:54 PM
Advanced

I agree, if the guy was doing it to show off, then yes that is a dumb thing to do!!! I think some sales people have a strange way of showing the car sometimes, or they think you will be so impressed with their show of power the car has..whatever..
Old 07-17-2001, 06:38 PM
Adult Supervision

Tom,

Think about it...JOseph D'Amico from Northern New Jersey working sales at a car dealer. Yoh, How YOU Dooin?!

What did you expect.

(I know, I'm encouraging stereotypes, but I used to live there..Yo buddy, youz got a problem wit dat?!)