Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gc86
And maybe get timed? please
tracks are closed till next spring
Old 11-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Well, My BVA w/parts and MSD RPM switch are coming too. Can't wait to install all this stuff!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey if you really want a fast car buy a 1g turbo dsm for a little over a grand and put $700 in mods into it and you will have a mid to low 13 sec car, but you will need the cl as a daily driver since the dsm will probably be down most of the time....they sure are very fun though I had on that almost dipped into the 10's.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by MagikalMexikan
Hey if you really want a fast car buy a 1g turbo dsm for a little over a grand and put $700 in mods into it and you will have a mid to low 13 sec car, but you will need the cl as a daily driver since the dsm will probably be down most of the time....they sure are very fun though I had on that almost dipped into the 10's.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to turbo the car, but I have other plans beside S/Cing it and running juice.

-But good call though.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

So green machine u got our Intake
Old 11-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Almost no difference.

And you didn't need the lowers, the J32A1 in the CL used the same lowers as the J32A2 lowers.
He's referring to the lid on top and the maniflod itself. He did not get the manifold runners only the mani itself.

I kind of had sellers remorse as I should have kept that one and sold the one off my car. That one he bought from me was opened up nicely at the TB. Green, you really should consider getting your tb ported from king, otherwise, it won't make any difference. The airflow will be restricted by the stock tb.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by ThinJim
He's referring to the lid on top and the maniflod itself. He did not get the manifold runners only the mani itself.

I kind of had sellers remorse as I should have kept that one and sold the one off my car. That one he bought from me was opened up nicely at the TB. Green, you really should consider getting your tb ported from king, otherwise, it won't make any difference. The airflow will be restricted by the stock tb.
I was thinking about doing it myself. But it looks like a lot of work though.

$150 aint bad...I'll call them tomorrow. While my car is in the shop I should take the f'er off now.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Only thing I'm worried about is the CAI fitment issue. Since the TB will be ported to a larger diameter I will definately nead a quick fix solution. I don't want to buy another CAI. That's a waste.

-I need opinions before I do this.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
your killing me. they port the inside fool, the outside diameter stays the same. that cai will work unless i'm missing something. cheers!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Only thing I'm worried about is the CAI fitment issue. Since the TB will be ported to a larger diameter I will definately nead a quick fix solution. I don't want to buy another CAI. That's a waste.

-I need opinions before I do this.
They port the inside as ThinJim said.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by ThinJim
your killing me. they port the inside fool, the outside diameter stays the same. that cai will work unless i'm missing something. cheers!
Up yours Thanks hehehehee
Old 11-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Lightbulb "Poor Man's" DIY for Porting your Throttle Body.

I'm retarded. I did a little research on a DIY for porting a throttle body. It goes like this...

1) Remove TB

2) Remove sensors

3) By using a pencil or a fined tip marker, draw a circle around the TB plate facing the intake horn.

4) Remove TB plate

5) Use a medium-strong dremmel grinding tool and lock that in place on a drill press.

6) ***This is not meant for the mechanically challenged person*** By using the drill press, round out the inner edges of the back of the TB down to the line you originally drew.

7) Use a larger (medium strength) dremmel grinding tool and lock it in the drill press, depending on how many milimeters you want to open up and finish up the edges and smooth them out down to the line you originally drew. Don't go past the line unless you have the means of buying a larger TB plate (Assuming you want more air flow and more power).

8) Use air power to get all the metal shards out of the TB.

9) If using a TB spacer, do the same to it so equal amounts of air will flow evenly.

10) Reset ECU.

11) Put a little bit of "mechanic's grease" on operating TB parts to make this work properly.

12) Install parts back to where they came from. Be very careful with the sensors!

13) Start your car, do NOT rev it. Don't underdrive or overdrive the engine. Drive around for 15-20 minutes so the ECU can set itself to operate normally with the ported TB. Your engine will run rough while the ECU sets itself.

14) Enjoy an extra 4-8 extra ponies in the top end =).

Assuming you have the tools to do this, it should only take about an hour tops for your average Joe. No money required. Save yourself an extra $150 bucks.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Update on my car.

Things are still moving along pretty well. Even though we had a nasty snow storm, it didn't push the date back for my car. I just hope that the next snow/ice storm pushing through today won't hinder the production to the date I get it back.

I'm still pushing for the '03 headlamps. The guy working with me is going to call the dealership just to make sure that the '03 headlamps will fit. He's doing what he can so fraud isn't in the air while dealing with the insurance company which is understandable.

The grill and the bumper inserts will be body matched.

EDIT: I just noticed I posted in the wrong thread. LoL!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm retarded. I did a little research on a DIY for porting a throttle body. It goes like this...

1) Remove TB

2) Remove sensors

3) By using a pencil or a fined tip marker, draw a circle around the TB plate facing the intake horn.

4) Remove TB plate

5) Use a medium-strong dremmel grinding tool and lock that in place on a drill press.

6) ***This is not meant for the mechanically challenged person*** By using the drill press, round out the inner edges of the back of the TB down to the line you originally drew.

7) Use a larger (medium strength) dremmel grinding tool and lock it in the drill press, depending on how many milimeters you want to open up and finish up the edges and smooth them out down to the line you originally drew. Don't go past the line unless you have the means of buying a larger TB plate (Assuming you want more air flow and more power).

8) Use air power to get all the metal shards out of the TB.

9) If using a TB spacer, do the same to it so equal amounts of air will flow evenly.

10) Reset ECU.

11) Put a little bit of "mechanic's grease" on operating TB parts to make this work properly.

12) Install parts back to where they came from. Be very careful with the sensors!

13) Start your car, do NOT rev it. Don't underdrive or overdrive the engine. Drive around for 15-20 minutes so the ECU can set itself to operate normally with the ported TB. Your engine will run rough while the ECU sets itself.

14) Enjoy an extra 4-8 extra ponies in the top end =).

Assuming you have the tools to do this, it should only take about an hour tops for your average Joe. No money required. Save yourself an extra $150 bucks.
This will give you no additional power since you are not changing size of the plate. Unless you enlarge the entire throttle body and install a larger plate, your still gonna be pushing the same amount of air through.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

A plate can be easily made...I was thinking of using a thin piece of alluminum or brass and just cutting to size.

EDIT: The idea is also using the same width of the plate as well.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Update on my car.

Things are still moving along pretty well. Even though we had a nasty snow storm, it didn't push the date back for my car. I just hope that the next snow/ice storm pushing through today won't hinder the production to the date I get it back.

I'm still pushing for the '03 headlamps. The guy working with me is going to call the dealership just to make sure that the '03 headlamps will fit. He's doing what he can so fraud isn't in the air while dealing with the insurance company which is understandable.

The grill and the bumper inserts will be body matched.

EDIT: I just noticed I posted in the wrong thread. LoL!
Good luck man. It's been snowing like crazy here since last night.