View Poll Results: How do you want your Sills to look?
Chrome - ACURA
10.65%
Chrome - Type S
18.34%
Titanium - ACURA (matches shift gate)
14.20%
Titanium - Type S (matches shift gate)
55.03%
Cheap Plastic - ACURA
0%
Cheap Plastic - Type S
1.78%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Type-S/ACURA DOOR SILLS POLL.....ANYONE INTERESTED PLEASE POST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Will they fit a TL?
Old 02-20-2002, 07:21 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DeLucCL-S

Hey....Ive Emailed Ron from streeteffectz 2 times with no response at all......im afraid this has stalled quite a bit folks......

CAN ANYONE HELP US OUT HERE?????????
This guy Austin519 looks like he is making sum headway on the TLs...let's get him over here to help asap:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...0&pagenumber=1
Old 02-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Peace. I'm out.

I'm in
Titanium Type-S
(as long as it matches the shift gate)
Old 02-20-2002, 09:54 PM
Banned

02 Aegean CLS:
Sup dude...seems you have spread the word.

I'll make this short and sweet. Guys I have someone set up and in the process of manufacturing trim kits and door sills in any of 50 different finishes...popular ones being of course black chrome, chrome, and brushed aluminum. Right now I am JUST dealing with TLs and TLS's but I will extend the offer to CLs and CLS's as soon as I can. It'd be just too much to handle right now. Expect a post on the CL forum in about 2 weeks or so detailing everything. I've just decided to wait until I get final prices and production dates, as well as a prototype (so you can all see pictures) before I offer this to two different forums. Preliminary prices for the sills are $50-100 and $265 for the trim. We can do just the shift plate for $50-$75 or so in chrome or black chrome...brushed aluminum costs less than chrome dipping. Oh and the best part about all this? The sills come in any engraving if you want, as long as you have 10+ people, so far we have like 5 different designs. With all that said I want to ask you guys for a favor...

PLEASE DO go read that thread that Agean posted...from cover to cover and watch for the updates.

PLEASE DO NOT post on that thread, as I don't want to mix up CLs and TLs, it will only slow me down...just read without posting for now. I won't be checking this thread either, so don't bother replying to me here. But if you guys can wait a week and a half to two weeks, I will have a manufacturer that WILL BE producing your kits for certain that can be delivered in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks all,
Austin519
Old 02-20-2002, 10:30 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Austin519
02 Aegean CLS:
Sup dude...seems you have spread the word.

I'll make this short and sweet. Guys I have someone set up and in the process of manufacturing trim kits and door sills in any of 50 different finishes...popular ones being of course black chrome, chrome, and brushed aluminum. Right now I am JUST dealing with TLs and TLS's but I will extend the offer to CLs and CLS's as soon as I can. It'd be just too much to handle right now. Expect a post on the CL forum in about 2 weeks or so detailing everything. I've just decided to wait until I get final prices and production dates, as well as a prototype (so you can all see pictures) before I offer this to two different forums. Preliminary prices for the sills are $50-100 and $265 for the trim. We can do just the shift plate for $50-$75 or so in chrome or black chrome...brushed aluminum costs less than chrome dipping. Oh and the best part about all this? The sills come in any engraving if you want, as long as you have 10+ people, so far we have like 5 different designs. With all that said I want to ask you guys for a favor...

PLEASE DO go read that thread that Agean posted...from cover to cover and watch for the updates.

PLEASE DO NOT post on that thread, as I don't want to mix up CLs and TLs, it will only slow me down...just read without posting for now. I won't be checking this thread either, so don't bother replying to me here. But if you guys can wait a week and a half to two weeks, I will have a manufacturer that WILL BE producing your kits for certain that can be delivered in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks all,
Austin519
Sorry dude, I really did not mean to make it harder for you. I have not been back to ATL yet, don't know if they PM'd you or what...I have a LOT of respect for what you are trying to do there, and I mean A LOT of respect. You are da man. Just seems that streeteffectz is dropping the ball here and there are some of us that have been trying to get this since, like July or sum sh!t. Didn't mean any malice at all, promise. Just let it be known that there are A BUNCH OF US that will drop the money to have this...don't forget your forgotten brethern. Hachacha

By the way, i just got back from ATL.com...I believe that he is gonna help as soon as he can, so please don't post, etc. like he said above...good things come to those who wait
Old 02-26-2002, 05:42 PM
Silver Bullet

SO what ever happened to this?
Old 02-26-2002, 06:39 PM
I Feel Too Old Here

Re: :(

Originally posted by xxy1xx
All you guys are saying Type-S, but what about the CL-P people???i think that these door sills are a great idea and i want in, but i won't buy if it says Type-S... the word ACURA appeals to more people which will actually give more of a chance that they will be cheaper b/c of the broad market for them.....just my 2 cents...
id get one but id prefer Type S (more sporty and just one more place to put that sweet Type S logo) but you make a good point. but i think if the price wasnt too much id pay extra for the Type S.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:55 PM
Banned

madmax-cl:
"By the way, i just got back from ATL.com...I believe that he is gonna help as soon as he can, so please don't post, etc. like he said above...good things come to those who wait "

That happened to this I'll throw you guys a bone...my guy who's doing the TL, and later CL, kits just got the TL trim kit in today and is scanning that puppy in. We should have a TL prototype late next week, that I'll put on my car and let everyone see. Soon after that I will take care of you guys.

ItalianStallion:
You won't have to pay more for any engraving. In fact, as long as you get a group of 10 together you can get whatever the heck you want.

Until I have real news for you guys I'm not going to post anymore...but I thought this'd make you guys happy to hear. Until I post again I suggest you guys check out the TL thread that 02 Aegean CLS posted. And just so you all know, both kensteele and 02 Aegean CLS are keeping pressure on me...so don't worry

Austin519
Old 03-10-2003, 01:36 AM
9th Gear

WHERE CAN I BUY CHROME DOOR SILLS TYPE S EMAIL ME AT DEMS420@AOL.COM
Old 03-10-2003, 08:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Titanium - Type S if this is going to happen
It would be nice to replace all the fake wood in the 2001 with matching titanium pieces instead of the glue on.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:22 AM
What, me drive fast?

I have the Evolution Autodesign aluminum sills....I bent one last night gettingin the car. It caught on my gigantic clown shoes (kidding) and now has a bend up torwards the front of the sill. I am pretty pissed. I think that with all of the freezing weather in the last few months that the tape didn't hold it down as well as it could have and it was sticking up a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to take most of the bend out of it.

If anyone orders sills, be very careful! It took me months to damage one but once it happened, it didn't take long!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
I have the Evolution Autodesign aluminum sills....I bent one last night gettingin the car. It caught on my gigantic clown shoes (kidding) and now has a bend up torwards the front of the sill. I am pretty pissed. I think that with all of the freezing weather in the last few months that the tape didn't hold it down as well as it could have and it was sticking up a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to take most of the bend out of it.

If anyone orders sills, be very careful! It took me months to damage one but once it happened, it didn't take long!
Damn!! Sorry to hear that, blackmagiCL_S. They looked so good the other day, too!

Mine still haven't arrived.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Guys, this topic is over a year old and the group-buy is long over.

Go to www.ap-signworks.com, or directly to their new division, www.evolution-autodesign.com to order what they have left of the sills.....